Need new cordless drill/scredriver

1 view

Jeff Thies

Jun 18, 2010, 1:21:27 AM6/18/10
I'm wanting a new cordless drill/screwdriver for routine medium duty
tasks (mostly screwdriver). My B&D has bought the farm, actually my
recent experiences with B&D have not been good. Not good at all!

How is Skill doing, this looks like a nice little tool:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_328782-353-2364-02_0_?productId=3193159&Ntt=cordless%20drill&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?Ntk=i_products$rpp=15$No=15$Ntt=cordless%20drill$identifier=

Hitachi still good?:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_306200-67702-DS10DFL_0_?productId=3056413&Ntt=cordless%20drill&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=cordless%20drill$y=8$x=34

Something else?

I'd like something that's not too expensive, but I can throw some
chump change at it. Stuff you have to keep replacing is never a good
value, and I'm about done with NiCads also. I'm starting to feel the
same way about whatever Home Depot sells. The chances of it being a
lemon are high.

Jeff

Bill Gill

Jun 18, 2010, 9:30:49 AM6/18/10
If you have a Harbor Freight near by their 18V drill works just fine
for me. I don't know that I would use it if I was a professional,
but I have had good luck with it. You might want to look for it on
sale or with a coupon. You can generally get them for a good
price.

And while you are there get yourself a coupon a buy one of
their multipurpose tools for $35. They are great for cutting
odd things. I have used mine for a variety of things, and I
haven't even come close to finding out all the thing I can use it
for. Yesterday I needed to cut down some plastic spacers that were
too long. It did the job in a hurry.

Bill

Message has been deleted

Jeff Thies

Jun 18, 2010, 3:06:01 PM6/18/10
Bill Gill wrote:
> On 6/18/2010 12:21 AM, Jeff Thies wrote:
>> I'm wanting a new cordless drill/screwdriver for routine medium duty
>> tasks (mostly screwdriver). My B&D has bought the farm, actually my
>> recent experiences with B&D have not been good. Not good at all!
>>
>> How is Skill doing, this looks like a nice little tool:
>>
>> http://www.lowes.com/pd_328782-353-2364-02_0_?productId=3193159&Ntt=cordless%20drill&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?Ntk=i_products$rpp=15$No=15$Ntt=cordless%20drill$identifier=
>>

>> Hitachi still good?:
>>
>> http://www.lowes.com/pd_306200-67702-DS10DFL_0_?productId=3056413&Ntt=cordless%20drill&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=cordless%20drill$y=8$x=34
>>

>> Something else?
>>
>> I'd like something that's not too expensive, but I can throw some chump
>> change at it. Stuff you have to keep replacing is never a good value,
>> and I'm about done with NiCads also. I'm starting to feel the same way
>> about whatever Home Depot sells. The chances of it being a lemon are
>> high.
>>
>> Jeff
> If you have a Harbor Freight near by their 18V drill works just fine
> for me. I don't know that I would use it if I was a professional,
> but I have had good luck with it. You might want to look for it on
> sale or with a coupon. You can generally get them for a good
> price.

I have one I stumbled on the way to the Lake (Allatoona). Never been
in it because they close on Sunday before I can get there.

> And while you are there get yourself a coupon a buy one of
> their multipurpose tools for $35. They are great for cutting
> odd things.

Is that one of those that reciprocates back and forth in a small very
fast motion?

I have used mine for a variety of things, and I
> haven't even come close to finding out all the thing I can use it
> for. Yesterday I needed to cut down some plastic spacers that were
> too long. It did the job in a hurry.

I'll check it out.

Bought a 12V Hitachi LiIon, so far, great.

Jeff

> Bill

Jeff Thies

Jun 18, 2010, 3:43:04 PM6/18/10
WaIIy wrote:
> If you want the best for the money, the only name is Bosch.

Got a friend who has the small driver with LiIon. I see that they had
good deals on the NiCad combos.

Where do they make them?

Jeff

Bill Gill

Jun 19, 2010, 9:01:21 AM6/19/10
On 6/18/2010 2:06 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:
> Bill Gill wrote:

>> And while you are there get yourself a coupon a buy one of
>> their multipurpose tools for $35. They are great for cutting
>> odd things.
>
> Is that one of those that reciprocates back and forth in a small very
> fast motion?

Yep, that's it. The Harbor Freight is a knock off of the Fein
Multimaster that has been on the late night TV sales for
the past couple of years. Of course there are a lot of
people putting them out now, but Harbor Freight has about
the lowest prices, and they work great for my uses.

Bill

The Henchman

Jun 19, 2010, 11:12:44 PM6/19/10

"Jeff Thies" <jeff_...@att.net> wrote in message

I've had good luck with Ridgid cordless drills. They always have deals at
Home Pisspot this time of year.

Jeff Thies

Jun 20, 2010, 12:16:33 AM6/20/10

Fabulous. I'll give it a whirl! $35 is a deal.

Jeff