What if climate change is a big hoax and we make a better world for nothing?

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 4, 2010, 2:11:26 AM4/4/10
(I took the title from a cartoon at the link below)

Yep, that's the irony of it. We don't even have to sacrifice that much
just to play it safe. Just ride a bike or be vegetarian perhaps. Why
so much resistance to change?

I guess that's too threatening to the fat lazy couch potatoes... ;)

'Featured as part of the cover story of Scientific American magazine's
April issue, which hit newsstands on March 24, U of M professor Jon
Foley makes the case for why we need to pay more attention to all
environmental processes that contribute to the Earth's health. In his
article, "Boundaries for a Healthy Planet," he argues that while
climate change gets ample attention, species loss and nitrogen
pollution exceed safe limits by greater degrees. In addition, other
environmental processes such as ocean acidification and stratospheric
ozone depletion are also moving toward dangerous thresholds.'

http://scienceblogs.com/illconsidered/2010/04/is_earth_past_the_tipping_poin.php

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Being frugal and smart is GOOD FOR YOU and others"

Rod Speed

Apr 4, 2010, 3:42:02 AM4/4/10
Just a complete yawn if we do what makes sense.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote:

> (I took the title from a cartoon at the link below)

> Yep, that's the irony of it. We don't even have to sacrifice that much
> just to play it safe. Just ride a bike or be vegetarian perhaps.

Makes a hell of a lot mores sense to use nukes to replace coal fired power stations.

> Why so much resistance to change?

Because the terminally stupid things proposed will fuck the economy, stupid.

> I guess that's too threatening to the fat lazy couch potatoes... ;)

It wouldnt fix the problem.

> 'Featured as part of the cover story of Scientific American magazine's
> April issue, which hit newsstands on March 24, U of M professor Jon
> Foley makes the case for why we need to pay more attention to all
> environmental processes that contribute to the Earth's health.

Then he's a fool. The environment is doing fine.

> In his article, "Boundaries for a Healthy Planet," he argues that
> while climate change gets ample attention, species loss and
> nitrogen pollution exceed safe limits by greater degrees.

Complete and utter drivel.

> In addition, other environmental processes such as ocean acidification and
> stratospheric ozone depletion are also moving toward dangerous thresholds.'

More drivel.

> http://scienceblogs.com/illconsidered/2010/04/is_earth_past_the_tipping_poin.php

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 4, 2010, 11:10:24 AM4/4/10
On Apr 4, 6:02 am, Marvin the Martian <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote:

> You're an idiot, because you fell for this stupid scam of global warming.
> So is the author of the blog you read. It is also evidence of idiot
> thinking to say "so what if I lied to get you to do all this stuff, it's
> good for the planet". If your argument was good, why the big damned lies?
> If you lied then, why should you be trusted not to lie about how good it
> is now?! May as well cut your tongue out, as the gift of speech is wasted
> on liars.
>
> And you're an asshole. Only an asshole would expect to impose an
> draconian world government on people and dictate that they can travel no
> father than they can walk and they must be a vegetarian. A person who
> thinks that EVERYONE must live as they do is, by definition, a
> contemptible asshole. You can bike or eat just veggies and I'm fine with
> that, but your attitude to use the government gun to force others to live
> the way YOU dictate is pure asshole.
>
> But at least you're not Al Gore, who tells us to live cold, dark and
> hungry lives while he lives it up in his energy consuming mansion. Now
> that's a fat bastard.

Exactly, I'm not Al Gore, and I'm asking you too much to leave the SUV
home and ride a bike or walk to the market. We basically gave up the
bike as a healthy option (how can it be healthy if you can get
killed), but we walk with a hand cart, some 1/2 mile to the market and
meet people and see the sun and the moon.

In other words, WE ENJOY THE CHANGES however small they can be.

I just wished people were that skeptical of government when they
launch foreign wars and the conquest of space. It costs a lot of
money, and the motivations are doubtful, you know.

But we our common sense tells me that too many people putting out too
much shit, will eventually overrun the balance. It has it many ways
already, as the article says, such in the extinction of species...

The Current Mass Extinction:
Human beings are currently causing the greatest
mass extinction of species since the extinction of
the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. If present trends
continue one half of all species of life on earth will
be extinct in less than 100 years, as a result of
habitat destruction, pollution, invasive species,
and climate change. (For details see links below.)

http://www.well.com/~davidu/extinction.html

Probably you may even have heard of the fisheries crashing and
everything. Your mentality of CONQUEST AND EXPLOITATION is beyond
COMMON SENSE. I think the cage changes our sense of reality. Yes, your
house can be a cage, so is your vehicle.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 4, 2010, 11:27:51 AM4/4/10
On Apr 4, 12:42 am, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just another SneakySnake.

> TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
>
> > (I took the title from a cartoon at the link below)
> > Yep, that's the irony of it. We don't even have to sacrifice that much
> > just to play it safe. Just ride a bike or be vegetarian perhaps.
>
> Makes a hell of a lot mores sense to use nukes to replace coal fired power stations.

No, it makes more sense FOR YOU to make personal responsibility.
Anything the government does is wasteful, don't you say?

> > Why so much resistance to change?
>
> Because the terminally stupid things proposed will fuck the economy, stupid.

So the beast we have created is sacred and we can't back down from it
and enjoy the simple happy life again. And what economy? You must mean
China's economy in any case since it was passed to them.

> > I guess that's too threatening to the fat lazy couch potatoes... ;)
>
> It wouldnt fix the problem.
>
> > 'Featured as part of the cover story of Scientific American magazine's
> > April issue, which hit newsstands on March 24, U of M professor Jon
> > Foley makes the case for why we need to pay more attention to all
> > environmental processes that contribute to the Earth's health.
>
> Then he's a fool. The environment is doing fine.

Oh, the environment is doing fine. I see WHERE your opposition is
coming from now... You deny the problem, so it's OK to keep being
wasteful.

If we have trashed this country in under 200 years, you shouldn't
underestimate the capacity of 7 billion people to trash the planet.

> > In his article, "Boundaries for a Healthy Planet," he argues that
> > while climate change gets ample attention, species loss and
> > nitrogen pollution exceed safe limits by greater degrees.
>
> Complete and utter drivel.
>
> > In addition, other environmental processes such as ocean acidification and
> > stratospheric ozone depletion are also moving toward dangerous thresholds.'
>
> More drivel.
>

> >http://scienceblogs.com/illconsidered/2010/04/is_earth_past_the_tippi...

I see that you consider the extinction of the tiger and the polar bear
drivel. But many people see the fat lazy Americans lifestyle totally
beyond proportion and reason.

Don't you consider it would be nice for me to get on a bike and go to
the natural supermarket, some 15 miles ride? No, I must be content to
be in the *fucking cage* and take and occasional little walk, or drive
another *fucking cage* somewhere...

VFW

Apr 4, 2010, 3:09:53 PM4/4/10
In article
<3479ecfb-c0be-43c0...@z6g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,

"TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu"
<comandan...@yahoo.com> wrote:

but in the END, when all was said and done... More was said than done.

and the brighter side of this (for the planet) is that the Extinction of
the humans is inevitable. The Earth will survive this parasite and heal.
Not the way it was but.....
Hey, enjoy the moment!
--
Money; What a Concept !

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 4, 2010, 4:32:48 PM4/4/10
On Apr 4, 12:09 pm, VFW <george...@toast.net> wrote:

> > Don't you consider it would be nice for me to get on a bike and go to
> > the natural supermarket, some 15 miles ride? No, I must be content to
> > be in the *fucking cage* and take and occasional little walk, or drive
> > another *fucking cage* somewhere...
>
> but in the END, when all was said and done... More was said than done.
>
> and the brighter side of this (for the planet) is that the Extinction of
> the humans is inevitable.  The Earth will survive this parasite and heal.
> Not the way it was but.....
> Hey, enjoy the moment!
> --

You know, I thought the same thing when I went out today and watched
over the polluted yet beautiful Biscayne Bay. Lots of motorboats and
jet skis where there should be sailboats and canoes. But such is the
predatory nature of us monkeys.

Bicycles riding on sidewalks, but we took the safer path... good old-
fashioned walking, the way it was in our hunter-gatherer past.

But when all is inevitable and temporal why even bother about
terrorism. Why not let the world end with a big bang rather than a
long and painful degradation of the environment? You know, this clip
says a lot about our species...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a15KgyXBX24

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 4, 2010, 5:43:31 PM4/4/10
On Apr 4, 1:35 pm, TheTibetanMonkey <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> On Apr 4, 12:09 pm, VFW <george...@toast.net> wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a15KgyXBX24

I was scanning through the comments above and this one caught my
attention...

"All great truths begin as blasphemies" ~George Bernard Shaw~

..But then again.. He was just another monkey... =))))

Rod Speed

Apr 4, 2010, 5:51:49 PM4/4/10
TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
> On Apr 4, 12:42 am, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just another SneakySnake.
>>
>> TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
>>
>>> (I took the title from a cartoon at the link below)
>>> Yep, that's the irony of it. We don't even have to sacrifice that
>>> much just to play it safe. Just ride a bike or be vegetarian
>>> perhaps.
>>
>> Makes a hell of a lot mores sense to use nukes to replace coal fired
>> power stations.

> No, it makes more sense FOR YOU to make personal responsibility.

Wrong, as always.

> Anything the government does is wasteful, don't you say?

Nope.

>>> Why so much resistance to change?

>> Because the terminally stupid things proposed will fuck the economy, stupid.

> So the beast we have created is sacred

Nope, just works a lot better than all the alternatives, child.

> and we can't back down from it and enjoy the simple happy life again.

I do every day thanks child.

> And what economy?

The one that provided you with what you communicate with, child.

> You must mean China's economy in any case

Nope.

> since it was passed to them.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

>>> I guess that's too threatening to the fat lazy couch potatoes... ;)

>> It wouldnt fix the problem.

>>> 'Featured as part of the cover story of Scientific American
>>> magazine's April issue, which hit newsstands on March 24, U of M
>>> professor Jon
>>> Foley makes the case for why we need to pay more attention to all
>>> environmental processes that contribute to the Earth's health.

>> Then he's a fool. The environment is doing fine.

> Oh, the environment is doing fine.

Yep.

> I see WHERE your opposition is coming from now...

Nope, because you wanked yourself completely blind, child.

You were warned.

You wouldnt listen...

> You deny the problem,

There is no problem, just some fools mindlessly hyperventilating.

Fools have been doing that for countless millennia now, child.

> so it's OK to keep being wasteful.

Yep, you are free to waste countless electrons on your mindless silly shit.

> If we have trashed this country in under 200 years,

Just another of your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasys, child.

> you shouldn't underestimate the capacity of 7 billion people to trash the planet.

Not my problem, child.

>>> In his article, "Boundaries for a Healthy Planet," he argues
>>> that while climate change gets ample attention, species loss
>>> and nitrogen pollution exceed safe limits by greater degrees.

>> Complete and utter drivel.

>>> In addition, other environmental processes such as ocean
>>> acidification and stratospheric ozone depletion are also moving
>>> toward dangerous thresholds.'

>> More drivel.

>>> http://scienceblogs.com/illconsidered/2010/04/is_earth_past_the_tippi...

> I see that you consider the extinction of the tiger and the polar bear drivel.

Just a lie.

> But many people see the fat lazy Americans lifestyle totally beyond proportion and reason.

Then do the decent thing and set fire to yourself in 'protest' or sumfin, child.

> Don't you consider it would be nice for me to get on a bike
> and go to the natural supermarket, some 15 miles ride?

Nope, I'd have to run you over and squash you flat, child.

> No, I must be content to be in the *fucking cage* and take and
> occasional little walk, or drive another *fucking cage* somewhere...

Do the decent thing and set fire to yourself or sumfin, child.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 4, 2010, 6:24:04 PM4/4/10

I see you DON'T GIVE A SHIT.

Well, it sounds like a prevalent look in the United Selfish of
America. Maybe you supersize everything out of proportion.

Did you see the movie? But when you eat that much shit, you must burn
the calories or you die...

"While examining the influence of the fast food industry, Morgan
Spurlock personally explores the consequences on his health of a diet
of solely McDonald's food for one month."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 4, 2010, 6:31:48 PM4/4/10
On Apr 4, 12:51 am, Rupert <rupertmccal...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I believe that anthropogenic climate change is taking place, based on
> reports I have heard in the media that that is the consensus among
> climatologists at the moment. I would have to confess that I myself
> have not read a peer-reviewed journal in climate science. Given that I
> have not done so, I would have a hard time refusing to forgive those
> who hold a different view from me, even if I suspect that it might not
> be rationally grounded.
>
> Since I believe that anthropogenic climate change is taking place and
> that it is the developing nations who will suffer the worst effects
> first I do believe that it is a very important moral issue, and that
> in fact the president of Uganda was correct to characterise the
> conduct of the developed nations as "a form of aggression", but I
> would have to confess that I have not yet gotten around to calculating
> my carbon footprint and taking steps to reduce it, although I can at
> least take comfort in the fact that I have made a good start with my
> vegan diet. If this means I am beyond the point of forgiveness then
> that is certainly very sad but there it is.
>
> I'm certainly with you on being concerned about climate change but
> talking about who can and cannot be forgiven is not very productive
> really. The main point is to do what we can to see if the problem can
> be adequately solved. Unfortunately it is quite hard to feel confident
> about that.

It is hard for us who have more of the UNSELFISH GENE to forgive those
who suffer from the SELFISH GENE.

I find them a really despicable character, one step below serial
criminals... After all, serial criminals only kill a handful of
people, unless they are the president of a country.

I just throw shit at them. ;)

Rod Speed

Apr 4, 2010, 9:17:58 PM4/4/10

Nothing to do with me, boy.

> Did you see the movie?

Nope, dont bother with that sort of mindless silly shit.

> But when you eat that much shit, you must burn the calories or you die...

Wrong, as always.

> "While examining the influence of the fast food industry,
> Morgan Spurlock personally explores the consequences
> on his health of a diet of solely McDonald's food for one month."

> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/

Just another completely mindless steaming turd.

Right up your alley no doubt.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 5, 2010, 2:37:43 AM4/5/10

You ever heard of hunter-gatherers? Humans are meant to walk and run,
not grow fat like pigs.

Rod Speed

Apr 5, 2010, 5:32:01 AM4/5/10

Nope, never heard of them, child.

> Humans are meant to walk and run,

So walk and run, child.

> not grow fat like pigs.

Then hang yourself forthwith.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 5, 2010, 11:18:16 AM4/5/10
On Apr 5, 2:32 am, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You ever heard of hunter-gatherers?
>
> Nope, never heard of them, child.

Well, they were here before Adam & Eve, you know.

They kept walking and struggling the whole day. Believe it or not,
"the easy life in front of the TV" is not meant to be. That's why you
have to know about EVOLUTION.

You know what Darwin said about evolution?

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most
intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." -Charles Darwin

> > Humans are meant to walk and run,
>
> So walk and run, child.

I find no people outside. More predators in SUVs actively hunting me
down than smiling cyclists.

> > not grow fat like pigs.
>
> Then hang yourself forthwith.

You know, this is deep, we have come in full circle from roaming in
the jungle to surviving in the jungle. From monkeys to pigs.

Don Klipstein

Apr 5, 2010, 12:44:57 PM4/5/10
In <5c86eb8a-57c3-44e9...@y14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote in part:

>>article, "Boundaries for a Healthy Planet," he argues that while
>climate change gets ample attention, species loss and nitrogen
>pollution exceed safe limits by greater degrees. In addition, other
>environmental processes such as ocean acidification and stratospheric
>ozone depletion are also moving toward dangerous thresholds.'
>
>http://scienceblogs.com/illconsidered/2010/04/is_earth_past_the_tipping_
>poin.php

Stratospheric ozone depletion, as it turns out, is looking to me like a
disaster averted by nearly eliminating production of CFCs and nearly
eliminating release into the atmosphere of CFCs and halogenated
hydrocarbons in general.

Gas/Vapor 1998 Concentration 2009 Concentration
CFC-12 269 ppt 242-244 ppt (down 9.3%)
CFC-11 533 ppt 536-538 ppt (up .75%)
CFC-113 84 ppt 76-77 ppt (down 8.9%)
carbon tetrachloride 102 ppt 88-89 ppt (down 13%)

Hydrochlorofluorocarbons are still increasing, with HCFC-22 being the
main one, but they are less damaging than the CFCs that they replaced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gases

http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/pns/current_ghg.html

One thing interesting about the second link: Total anthropogenic
radiative forcing (change in radiation balance assuming constant surface
temperature since before the Industrial Revolution), from listed
greenhouse gases, as of 2009 was 2.98 watts per square centimeter. CO2
was responsible for 1.66 of that in 2009 and 1.46 of that in 1998. The
four chlorine compounds that I mentioned above accounted for .269 W/m^2 in
2009 and .28 W/cm^2 in 1998.

The above 4 plus HCFC-22 accounted for .31 W/cm^2 in 1998 and .302
W/cm^2 in 2009.

For that mater, total anthropogenic ozone depleting gas EECI is down 10%
from its peak in 1994 and still declining:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ozone_cfc_trends.png

Not that radiative forcing is the mechanism for statospheric ozone
destruction, but stratospheric ozone presence has stabilized both where it
is most-monitored (in the Antarctic) and in a larger global measure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Min_ozone.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TOMS_Global_Ozone_65N-65S.png

http://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/ozone_maps/movies/OZONE_D1979-10%25P1Y_
G%5e360X240.LSH.mpg
(Animation of how the month of October fared from year to year, which I
selected because October is a bad month for Antarctic stratospheric ozone)

http://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/monthly/climatology_10.html

(If one needs a different version of the animation)

- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

Rod Speed

Apr 5, 2010, 1:09:44 PM4/5/10
TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
> On Apr 5, 2:32 am, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You ever heard of hunter-gatherers?

>> Nope, never heard of them, child.

> Well, they were here before Adam & Eve, you know.

Pure fantasy.

> They kept walking and struggling the whole day.

They cant have done. Otherwise they couldnt have done that cave art etc.

> Believe it or not, "the easy life in front of the TV" is not meant to be.

Wrong, as always.

> That's why you have to know about EVOLUTION.

You havent even managed to evolve past walking, child.

> You know what Darwin said about evolution?

Yep, he wrote a book about it, stupid.

> "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most
> intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." -Charles Darwin

So you and your ilk wont survive, you cant even manage to respond to cars.

>>> Humans are meant to walk and run,

>> So walk and run, child.

> I find no people outside.

Thats because of those rabid blood shot eyes and flecks of foam about the lips and the bananas, child.

> More predators in SUVs actively hunting me down than smiling cyclists.

They clearly arent doing much of a job, child.

>>> not grow fat like pigs.

>> Then hang yourself forthwith.

> You know, this is deep, we have come in full circle from roaming
> in the jungle to surviving in the jungle. From monkeys to pigs.

Then hang yourself fivethwith, child.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 5, 2010, 1:15:12 PM4/5/10
On Apr 5, 9:44 am, d...@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote:
> In <5c86eb8a-57c3-44e9-80aa-db534fda0...@y14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

While we may argue forever whether Climate Change is
"debatable" (until it's too late), we may still argue the need for
change based on building a "better world." What's a better world?
Certainly not one dictated by machines and predatory economies. We
should be aiming, for example, for more free time to ride bikes and
walk, not for an artificial, enslaving way of life where you drive a
"jungle vehicle" (SUV) in the middle of the city.

I quote here...

"It has been suggested by experts that this shift towards
civilization, through domestication, has caused an increase in
diseases, labor and psychological disorders."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchy#List_of_ungoverned_communities

In other words, we should be questioning whether the "sheep" is a
necessary outcome of the "wild monkey." Well, they still act like a
wild monkey when they drive an SUV --or like a domesticated sheep when
driving a little Toyota.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 5, 2010, 2:41:36 PM4/5/10
OK, we are talking serious stuff here. It's not about gathering
bananas!

On Apr 5, 10:33 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" <newstr...@frontiernet.net>
wrote:
> "TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle"<nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > While we may argue forever whether Climate Change is
> > "debatable" (until it's too late), we may still argue the need for
> > change based on building a "better world." What's a better world?
> > Certainly not one dictated by machines and predatory economies. We
> > should be aiming, for example, for more free time to ride bikes and
> > walk, not for an artificial, enslaving way of life where you drive a
> > "jungle vehicle" (SUV) in the middle of the city.
>

> Excellent point(s).
>
> In the past, I've managed to shut down some fools here by asking the
> following question, which NEVER gets a response:
>
> "Besides global warming, what OTHER reason is there for reducing emissions?
> This is a proven reason, and no sane person disagrees with it."
>
> Now, sit back and watch what happens next. Or what doesn't happen next, if
> history is any indication.

Thank you! QUALITY OF LIFE is a byproduct of ACCEPTING Climate Change,
just like pollution and obesity are byproducts of denial.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 5, 2010, 7:56:32 PM4/5/10
On Apr 4, 8:38 am, First.Post <LyingLeftyi...@reInvalid.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 08:08:48 -0700 (PDT), "TibetanMonkey, Originator of

> >Exactly, I'm not Al Gore, and I'm asking you too much to leave the SUV
> >home and ride a bike or walk to the market. We basically gave up the
> >bike as a healthy option (how can it be healthy if you can get
> >killed), but we walk with a hand cart, some 1/2 mile to the market and
> >meet people and see the sun and the moon.
>

> That is your choice. Tell a 60+ year old that uses a cane to do the
> same. Tell the father and husaband with a family of 3 or 4 to hand
> carry 7 or 8 sacks of groceries.
> And be sure and tell your plumber, electrician etc. not to ever show
> up at your house driving anything but a Prius or some other tiny
> little hybrid. Hope you have plenty of tools and ladders and such for
> them to use whe n you need your air conditioner or plumbing et al
> repaired since they won't be able to carry any of that stuff anymore.
> And tell everyone that actually works for a living, something that you
> apparently have little or no experience with, that they just need to
> get up off their lazy asses an hour or two earlier and get to steppin'
> if they want to walk to work ontime.

Around here (the United Selfish of America) it is mostly yuppies and
wannabes that drive SUVs. I think most real life situations could be
solved with a little Ford Ranger p/u truck, but they insist on the
BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK.

> >In other words, WE ENJOY THE CHANGES however small they can be.
>
> >I just wished people were that skeptical of government when they
> >launch foreign wars and the conquest of space. It costs a lot of
> >money, and the motivations are doubtful, you know.
>

> Neither of those have been accompanied with the government telling us
> that they were going to raise the costs of everything else out of the
> gate like they have with cap and trade.
> And the cost of the Iraq war along with the current space program are
> a drop in the bucket compared to the bullshit you want to ram up
> everyone's asses.

They could have added the cost of the war to the price of gas (say a
buck more) to pay for the expenses. What I mean though would create
new jobs in PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION (ie. bullet trains) and other
infrastructure where we lag so far behind.

> >But we our common sense tells me that too many people putting out too
> >much shit, will eventually overrun the balance. It has it many ways
> >already, as the article says, such in the extinction of species...
>
> >The Current Mass Extinction:
> >Human beings are currently causing the greatest
> >mass extinction of species since the extinction of
> >the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. If present trends
> >continue one half of all species of life on earth will
> >be extinct in less than 100 years, as a result of
> >habitat destruction, pollution, invasive species,
> >and climate change. (For details see links below.)
>
> >http://www.well.com/~davidu/extinction.html
>

> Well then what's the point? If life will be extinct in less than 100
> yearsas your insane article suggests then there isn't a damned thing
> that can be done to stop it now.
> BTW, over 100 species go extinct on any given day. Have been since
> there has been life on earth. Most you are never aware of.
> Just another false correalation given by alarmist assholes.

Not only tigers and Polar bears. You better get ready to eat
oatmeal...

Salmon Population Crash Shuts Down West Coast Fishery

SEATTLE, Washington, April 10, 2008 (ENS) - The Pacific Fishery
Management Council today closed the commercial and sport chinook
fisheries off the coast of California and most of Oregon and will
allow only a 9,000 fishery for hatchery coho only off of Central
Oregon.

The council adopted the most restrictive salmon fishing quotes in the
history of the West Coast in response to the unprecedented collapse of
the Sacramento River fall chinook salmon population and the
exceptionally poor status of coho salmon from Oregon and Washington.

> >Probably you may even have heard of the fisheries crashing and
> >everything. Your mentality of CONQUEST AND EXPLOITATION is beyond
> >COMMON SENSE. I think the cage changes our sense of reality. Yes, your
> >house can be a cage, so is your vehicle.
>

> Your belief that everyday normal folks that think your propaganda is
> horseshit are about nothing more than conquest and exploitation and
> desire to destroy the earth clearly shows just how fucked up your
> outlook on life and attitude toward your own race is.

Go and ride a bike for a change from the stupid SUV. It'll make you
fit and smart.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 5, 2010, 8:13:09 PM4/5/10
Are we proposing that we drop the car and take the bicycle to go
everywhere? That's only in Cuba, right? We also need...

On Apr 5, 4:51 pm, Hachiroku ハチロク <Tru...@e86.GTS> wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 10:27:57 -0700, TheTibetanMonkey

> > While we may argue forever whether Climate Change is "debatable" (until
> > it's too late),
>

> By that time we'll be freezing.

Are you the only Japanese guy to deny Climate Change and the need for
the Kyoto Protocol? C'mon, we need a few bullet trains here rather
than Toyotas.

Or maybe you are NOT Japanese.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 5, 2010, 10:04:55 PM4/5/10
(I still think the bicycle can save America from boredom, obesity and
Toyotas)

On Apr 5, 6:28 pm, dr_jeff <u...@msu.edu> wrote:

> > "Japan has an efficient public transportation network, especially
> > within metropolitan areas and between the large cities. Japanese
> > public transportation is characterized by its punctuality, its superb
> > service, and the large crowds of people using it."
>
> >http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e627.html
>
> Sounds like NYC, Boston, Chicago and Wash., D.C. Sadly, there are very
> few other cities that this describes in the US.
>
> The buses where my dad lives rarely have more than 4 people on them
> (including the driver). In fact, the only buses with lots of people
> riding them are the school buses.
>
> Jeff

Blame the suburban sprawl for it. But the bicycle and public
transportation can go a long way to cover wide areas. Now, we "only"
need the trains and the bike facilities. ;)

Don Klipstein

Apr 6, 2010, 8:18:36 PM4/6/10
On Apr 4, 8:38 am, First.Post <LyingLeftyi...@reInvalid.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 08:08:48 -0700 (PDT), "TibetanMonkey, Originator of

> >Exactly, I'm not Al Gore, and I'm asking you too much to leave the SUV
> >home and ride a bike or walk to the market. We basically gave up the
> >bike as a healthy option (how can it be healthy if you can get
> >killed), but we walk with a hand cart, some 1/2 mile to the market and
> >meet people and see the sun and the moon.
>
> That is your choice. Tell a 60+ year old that uses a cane to do the same.

Since I get plenty of exercise, I expect to make it to 75 or more before
I need a cane to walk.

> Tell the father and husaband with a family of 3 or 4 to hand
> carry 7 or 8 sacks of groceries.

I often haul groceries by bike, occaisonally even that large a quantity
of groceries - for 4 miles!

Without a bike trailer yet! The Philadelphia Pedal Co-Op does
spectacularly more - hauling 3 55-gallon trashcans of recyclable trash at
a time on trailers towed by bikes!

When I was growing up, my mother or I would even use one of those
folding carts that one of my friends calls a "granny cart" to haul
sometimes maybe 8 or 10 sacks of groceries, even when my family lived a
mile from the supermarket. Sometimes we hauled groceries by bus or
trolley, sometimes my mother felt comfortable with some of the
"gypsy"/"hack" unlicensed taxis that made customers of a particular
supermarket their main customers. At that time the only one in my family
licensed to drive anything was my father, and only licensed to drive a
motorcycle - the only motor vehicle in my family.

> And be sure and tell your plumber, electrician etc. not to ever show
> up at your house driving anything but a Prius or some other tiny
> little hybrid. Hope you have plenty of tools and ladders and such for

> them to use when you need your air conditioner or plumbing et al

> repaired since they won't be able to carry any of that stuff anymore.

Actually, I would not bitch out such people for driving vans or whatever
size truck is needed to carry around the tools that they need to have on
hand. If a vehicle with less fuel consumption is up to the task, then
here is a business opportunity - compete against someone whose business
expenses are bloated by use of an excessively wasteful vehicle.

> And tell everyone that actually works for a living, something that you
> apparently have little or no experience with, that they just need to
> get up off their lazy asses an hour or two earlier and get to steppin'
> if they want to walk to work ontime.

I usually commute to my "day job" by bike. It takes me only 5 minutes
more time than my car does. When the weather is bad, I can take the bike
if it's my only way, but then again in bad weather I mostly ride the bike
only while being paid to ride it. There is an advantage to living within
a few blocks of a major transit terminal where there are 2 public transit
routes that go within 3 blocks of my "day job". One of those 2 routes was
not stopped by the historic snowstorms that hit the Philadelphia area last
winter.

<SNIP from here>

- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)