annual credit report

Annie Woughman

Mar 1, 2010, 4:07:01 PM3/1/10
Has anyone else had trouble getting their free annual credit report
online from Equifax? For two years in a row now when I go to
annualcreditreport.com, I have no problem viewing and printing my report
from TransUnion or Experian but Equifax always says that it cannot give me
my report online at this time but I can request one by mail. It does that
to my husband too. In the FAQ section it says this might be because we have
a freeze on our credit reports or that we supplied inaccurate information.
This is not the case for either of us. I am wondering if it is a ruse to
get people to buy their credit scores ($7.95) or sign up for their credit
protection stuff. The first year this happened I did have them send it by
mail (which in my opinion is much riskier than just having a look at it on
line) but I refused to do it this time because I don't want all that
information going through the mail.

rtan...@yahoo.com

Mar 1, 2010, 4:56:13 PM3/1/10
I used annualcreditreport.com earlier this year and got all three
reports with no issues.

-Brian

Annie Woughman

Mar 1, 2010, 5:04:10 PM3/1/10

<rtan...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I used annualcreditreport.com earlier this year and got all three
> reports with no issues.
>
> -Brian

Hmmm. I wish they had a phone number that would actually let you talk to a
live person. I would like to get that fixed. The first year we used it we
too got all three with no problem. It has just been the last two years.
The only thing that we have done is opt out of the constant bombardment of
credit card offers--that shouldn't keep us from getting our
report--especially since it is only one of the three that we are having a
problem with.

SMS

Mar 1, 2010, 5:30:29 PM3/1/10

Just apply for a mortgage loan, get turned down, and you'll get all
three credit reports, along with FICO scores, for free.

I'm refinancing, my wife and I both have credit scores in the 790-800
range, a very low LTV, no credit card debt, no car loans, low
debt/income ratio and one bank turned us down. So I can get all six
credit reports for free now, and another bank was happy to do the loan.

Annie Woughman

Mar 2, 2010, 12:37:57 PM3/2/10

"SMS" <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote in message

That is kind of over-kill. $7.95 would be easier and cheaper. Our house is
paid off so we don't need a mortgage. I'm not too worried about the credit
score. For several years I had a Providian credit card that told me my
credit score every month. It was always in the 800's. I was really bummed
when Chase bought them out and they discontinued that service. I do the
free annual credit report just to make sure nothing creeps up on us--like
accounts we didn't open. Hubby and I check ours six months apart.

Mar 2, 2010, 6:26:34 PM3/2/10

"Annie Woughman" <anniew...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Shrug. I've been in the same house for 25 years and expect to die here. I
couldn't care less about my credit score since the last time I checked it,
in 2007, it was 805. I don't anticipate buying anything on credit ever
again, other than monthly credit card stuff paid in full each month, so I
locked down my credit application stuff with all three agencies years ago. I
just don't care.

The Henchman

Mar 2, 2010, 8:59:16 PM3/2/10

"Annie Woughman" <anniew...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

here's a thought. Are you waiting exactly 365 between requests?

Message has been deleted

Tennessee Tony

Mar 4, 2010, 5:58:31 PM3/4/10

I checked mine a few months ago and the score is 280. My house is paid
for, I pay my 3 credit card balances each month, and even before paying
I'm no where near my credit limit. I did find a 4th credit card that I
had never used and closed the account. Will that help or hinder my
score? I've also heard that carrying a balance on a CC now and then,
paying some interest can raise your score. Any truth to that?

Tony

Mar 4, 2010, 6:06:20 PM3/4/10

"Tennessee Tony" <tenness...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Is 280 even possible? Doubt it.

SMS

Mar 4, 2010, 6:14:27 PM3/4/10
Tennessee Tony wrote:

> I checked mine a few months ago and the score is 280.

That must be from Experian, because the worst possible score from
Equifax is 300, and the worse from TransUnion is 336. Experian can go
down to 150.

You must have had a bankruptcy to get that poor of a score.

Nick Naim

Mar 8, 2010, 10:24:32 PM3/8/10

"h" <tmc...@searchmachine.com> wrote in message
Ditto
renting for years and by my cars with cash.
could care less about a US credit score.

Tennessee Tony

Apr 2, 2010, 5:45:17 PM4/2/10
h wrote:
> "Tennessee Tony" <tenness...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I checked mine a few months ago and the score is 280. My house is paid
>> for, I pay my 3 credit card balances each month, and even before paying
>> I'm no where near my credit limit. I did find a 4th credit card that I
>> had never used and closed the account. Will that help or hinder my score?
>> I've also heard that carrying a balance on a CC now and then, paying some
>> interest can raise your score. Any truth to that?
>>

> Is 280 even possible? Doubt it.

I know this is old, but I just read the replies. Don't know how I got
so mixed up, but my latest score was 785 from experian.

Tennessee Tony

Apr 2, 2010, 5:46:22 PM4/2/10