Driver

jenki...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2008, 6:33:37 PM2/13/08
Were would I find drivers for the emachine modem 56K ITU v.92-ready
Fax/Modem, Model T2742, check wedsite unable to get the drivers, does
anyone have them out there?

Dave

Feb 13, 2008, 7:27:56 PM2/13/08

<jenki...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Were would I find drivers for the emachine modem 56K ITU v.92-ready
> Fax/Modem, Model T2742, check wedsite unable to get the drivers, does
> anyone have them out there?

What operating system? What chipset is on the MODEM? You might not need a
specific driver for that particular modem, a generic driver for the modem
chipset might work. If running windows, what does windows identify the
modem as? (without a driver installed) -Dave

Shawn Hirn

Feb 14, 2008, 6:43:17 AM2/14/08
In article
<a6d8c56d-f295-4e79...@n20g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
jenki...@gmail.com wrote:

You need to find out which modem it really is. Call eMachine's tech
support to request the info. If you are running the same OS that came
with the computer and the modem is original equipment, the driver might
also be on a disc that came in the box with it.

Jeff

Feb 14, 2008, 2:14:04 PM2/14/08

Like Duh,

Google: T2742 modem driver

Yield this as the first hit:

http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T-Series&model=T3624

That page has a link to two different modem drivers.

Perhaps a better question is whether buying a stripped down emachine
is a frugal choice when there is a glut of decent used PCs.

Jeff

Bob F

Feb 14, 2008, 10:22:06 PM2/14/08

"Jeff" <jeff@spam_me_not.com> wrote in message

> jenki...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Were would I find drivers for the emachine modem 56K ITU v.92-ready
>> Fax/Modem, Model T2742, check wedsite unable to get the drivers, does
>> anyone have them out there?
>>

> Like Duh,
>
> Google: T2742 modem driver
>
> Yield this as the first hit:
>

> http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T-Series&model=T3624

Cheater.

Dave

Feb 16, 2008, 9:51:23 PM2/16/08

"Bob F" <bobn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Cheated, and still lost. How pathetic. Google was a good idea, but there
is nothing in the result that seems to suggest that there is a solution for
the OP. The downloads are for a different model computer. Might work,
might totally fuck up his system to the point where he can't even access
safe mode to do a rollback. It's generally not a good idea to try some
random driver hoping that it will work OK. -Dave