Reciept Checking At Stores

1 view

Millhaven

Jul 19, 2007, 7:30:38 PM7/19/07
I was leaving Fry's Electronics and this chick was checking and
marking reciepts. It's not bad enough I had to wait enough line to buy
the stuff, I had to wait in line a 2nd time so I could show them I
bought it.

It's an outrage that I give them my money only to be treated like a
thief. AN OUTRAGE! What is this world coming to?

Anthony Matonak

Jul 19, 2007, 8:11:28 PM7/19/07
Millhaven wrote:
> I was leaving Fry's Electronics and this chick was checking and
> marking reciepts. ... AN OUTRAGE! What is this world coming to?

We've had this troll enough times that it's getting up there with
eating pet food, reusing toilet paper and cannibalism as an
alternative to nursing homes.

There are real things to get outraged about in this world and
boring repetitive trolls could be one of them.

Anthony

Logan Shaw

Jul 19, 2007, 9:49:54 PM7/19/07
Millhaven wrote:
> I was leaving Fry's Electronics and this chick was checking and
> marking reciepts. It's not bad enough I had to wait enough line to buy
> the stuff, I had to wait in line a 2nd time so I could show them I
> bought it.
>
> It's an outrage that I give them my money only to be treated like a
> thief.

The law may vary, but from what I understand, once you have paid for
your purchase, it's your property and they have no legal right to
check it. If that is in fact the case, you can just politely say
"no thanks" when they try to check your bags.

Also, if it is the case and that's possible, then you're complaining
about doing something which you don't have to do. So instead of
complaining about it, just don't do it.

- Logan

Millhaven

Jul 19, 2007, 10:10:10 PM7/19/07

Sometimes I just walk past but I wanted a closer look at her tits -
they bounced around a bit as she was marking it.

Binyamin Dissen

Jul 20, 2007, 4:15:41 AM7/20/07
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:49:54 -0500 Logan Shaw <lshaw-...@austin.rr.com>
wrote:

Exactly.

Many a time I have responded to their request with "No, Thank you" (when I
bother responding).

On occasion I have told them they can walk with me to my car and check it
while I put the stuff away. No takers.

--
Binyamin Dissen <bdi...@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Ward Abbott

Jul 20, 2007, 7:19:32 AM7/20/07
<lshaw-...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>it's your property and they have no legal right to
>check it.

Not necessarily. Inside the building.....where they usually
stand...they are STILL on THEIR property and have the right to make up
the rules.

Buy the store...then you get to make up your own rules.

Don K

Jul 20, 2007, 8:43:27 AM7/20/07
"Ward Abbott" <pre...@terian.com> wrote in message

> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:49:54 -0500, Logan Shaw
> <lshaw-...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>it's your property and they have no legal right to
>>check it.
>
> Not necessarily. Inside the building.....where they usually
> stand...they are STILL on THEIR property and have the right to make up
> the rules.

They can make up whatever rules they like, but you don't have to agree to
abide by them.
...But the store doesn't have to let you come back in again if you don't.

Don

Binyamin Dissen

Jul 20, 2007, 9:35:33 AM7/20/07

:><lshaw-...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

:>>it's your property and they have no legal right to
:>>check it.

:>Not necessarily. Inside the building.....where they usually
:>stand...they are STILL on THEIR property and have the right to make up
:>the rules.

False.

The most they can do is ask you to eave (or risk a lawsuit for false arrest).

:>Buy the store...then you get to make up your own rules.

On the other hand, their approach is quite successful when used on sheep like
you.

Chloe

Jul 20, 2007, 9:50:24 AM7/20/07
"Binyamin Dissen" <post...@dissensoftware.com> wrote in message

> :>Also, if it is the case and that's possible, then you're complaining
> :>about doing something which you don't have to do. So instead of
> :>complaining about it, just don't do it.
>
> Exactly.
>
> Many a time I have responded to their request with "No, Thank you" (when I
> bother responding).
>
> On occasion I have told them they can walk with me to my car and check it
> while I put the stuff away. No takers.

I don't usually mind if the check takes only a few seconds. But there was a
line one day in Sam's Club so I just walked out. The checker said "ma'am,
you can't do that," abandoned the waiting customers and chased me out the
door, where I did slow down enough to let her check my receipt. I could hear
some bitching from the people waiting in the line, but I figured that's not
really my problem.

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Jul 20, 2007, 10:25:32 AM7/20/07

"Chloe" <just...@spam.com> wrote in message

snip

> I don't usually mind if the check takes only a few seconds. But there was
> a line one day in Sam's Club so I just walked out. The checker said
> "ma'am, you can't do that," abandoned the waiting customers and chased me
> out the door, where I did slow down enough to let her check my receipt. I
> could hear some bitching from the people waiting in the line, but I
> figured that's not really my problem.

that's what i do. just make sure there's nothing on the rcpt that you may
need to
bring back. they might be able to deny it.

Don K

Jul 20, 2007, 11:13:19 AM7/20/07
"AllEmailDeletedImmediately" <der...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Chloe" <just...@spam.com> wrote in message
>
>> I don't usually mind if the check takes only a few seconds. But there was a line one
>> day in Sam's Club so I just walked out. The checker said "ma'am, you can't do that,"
>> abandoned the waiting customers and chased me out the door, where I did slow down
>> enough to let her check my receipt. I could hear some bitching from the people waiting
>> in the line, but I figured that's not really my problem.
>
> that's what i do. just make sure there's nothing on the rcpt that you may need to
> bring back. they might be able to deny it.

I think an itemized receipt with a date-and-time timestamp would be adequate
documentation for a return, regardless of whether or not someone at the
exit punched a hole in it. Even if everyone cooperated, a few would still
slip thru unpunched.

Don

Zilbandy

Jul 20, 2007, 12:02:17 PM7/20/07
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:50:24 -0400, "Chloe" <just...@spam.com>
wrote:

>I don't usually mind if the check takes only a few seconds. But there was a
>line one day in Sam's Club so I just walked out. The checker said "ma'am,
>you can't do that," abandoned the waiting customers and chased me out the
>door

Is Sam's Club one of those places that has a membership agreement you
have to sign to join? If so, you might want to read it to see if they
say that will check your receipt as you leave. If they don't have
anything like that in the agreement, then you really shouldn't have to
stop. However, if they do, then just walking out would be in violation
of your membership terms.

--
Zilbandy

Steve

Jul 20, 2007, 12:27:47 PM7/20/07
Always fun to show them a random receipt from a different store. The
look of befuddlement generally lasts long enough to get to your car.

--

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person.

...Mark Twain

Rod Speed

Jul 20, 2007, 1:55:10 PM7/20/07
Ward Abbott <pre...@terian.com> wrote
> Logan Shaw <lshaw-...@austin.rr.com> wrote

>> it's your property and they have no legal right to check it.

> Not necessarily. Inside the building.....where they usually stand...
> they are STILL on THEIR property and have the right to make up the rules.

Wrong. They cant strip search you for example.

Or punch your kid's lights out when they dont behave.

> Buy the store...then you get to make up your own rules.

Or have enough of a clue to realise what the law allows and doesnt allow.

Pat in NJ

Jul 21, 2007, 8:22:34 AM7/21/07
I used to feel the same way. However, one time when I was leaving
Costco, the receipt checker noticed that I'd been charged for one item
twice. I received an apology and a very quick refund. Made me change
my mind about the small inconvenience of checking the receipts.

Pat in NJ

Vineeth

Jul 21, 2007, 11:46:55 AM7/21/07

I was thinking of a similar incident where an item I had paid for &
mistakenly put in the wrong cart was recovered for me by the prompt
action at a costco door even before I realized it. Otherwise too at
Costco I have never felt it is a hassle. Maybe Sams club & Frys do it
different ....

Anthony Matonak

Jul 21, 2007, 12:23:21 PM7/21/07
Vineeth wrote:
> ... Otherwise too at

> Costco I have never felt it is a hassle. Maybe Sams club & Frys do it
> different ....

Perhaps it's a combination of....
a) Anyone smell a troll?
b) Oh no! It's the "door checker" troll again!
c) Frys caters to technophiles who, as a class, are not known
for their social graces. Perhaps it's only their lack of any
social skills and general fear of others that makes them feel
slighted and singled out.
d) Didn't the original poster commit suicide already?

Anthony
--
"Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

Millhaven

Jul 22, 2007, 1:49:39 AM7/22/07
On Jul 21, 9:23 am, Anthony Matonak

<anthony...@nothing.like.socal.rr.com> wrote:
> Vineeth wrote:
> > ... Otherwise too at
> > Costco I have never felt it is a hassle. Maybe Sams club & Frys do it
> > different ....
>
> Perhaps it's a combination of....
> a) Anyone smell a troll?
> b) Oh no! It's the "door checker" troll again!

I've never posted about this before

> c) Frys caters to technophiles who, as a class, are not known
> for their social graces. Perhaps it's only their lack of any
> social skills and general fear of others that makes them feel
> slighted and singled out.

I have poor social skills

> d) Didn't the original poster commit suicide already?

No