Bump on the road to a free iPod

Gordon

Aug 10, 2007, 12:17:13 AM8/10/07
Hit my first bump on the road to getting a free iPod out of
Key Bank. My employer won't split up my direct deposit
between two banks. So now I have to figure out how to get
$200.00 into the account without getting hit with a $5.00
Teller charge, or a wire transfer fee, or an ATM fee. Hmmmm.

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Aug 13, 2007, 2:49:59 PM8/13/07

"Gordon" <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote in message

deposit it all to key and then withdraw?

Aug 13, 2007, 6:35:36 PM8/13/07

Can you set up an automatic transfer to Key Bank from the bank where
your paycheck gets deposited? My credit union accepted that as an
auatomated payment to get a free account.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.

Gordon

Aug 16, 2007, 12:14:00 AM8/16/07
"AllEmailDeletedImmediately" <der...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:rJ1wi.3601
$r14.2437@trndny06:

That's what's going to happen.
I have a few "starter checks" that Key gave me when I
set up the account. That will take care of the withdrawal.
I'll leave enough in the Key bank account to cover a $100.00
automatic payment.

But finding a payment of over $100 is
going to be an issue. Let's see: Electric? no. Gas? no.
Phone, internet, cable TV? No, no and no. Cell phone? no.

Hmm...
I'm starting to see some drawbacks to this frugal lifestyle.

Logan Shaw

Aug 16, 2007, 1:17:28 AM8/16/07
Gordon wrote:
> That's what's going to happen.
> I have a few "starter checks" that Key gave me when I
> set up the account. That will take care of the withdrawal.
> I'll leave enough in the Key bank account to cover a $100.00
> automatic payment.
>
> But finding a payment of over $100 is
> going to be an issue. Let's see: Electric? no. Gas? no.
> Phone, internet, cable TV? No, no and no. Cell phone? no.
>
> Hmm...
> I'm starting to see some drawbacks to this frugal lifestyle.

Just pick the largest bill and make a payment of $100. You'll
have a credit on the account, but you'll eventually use that up.

- Logan

Gordon

Aug 17, 2007, 1:53:31 AM8/17/07
Logan Shaw <lshaw-...@austin.rr.com> wrote in news:46c3dde8$0$3828
$4c36...@roadrunner.com:

It has to be an automatic payment. On-line banking doesn't count.
It has to be a situation where I tell the power company (say)
to directly debit the account. I'm thinking that I'll let a
payment slip, then set up auto bill pay. The first draw will
be over $100.00

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Aug 17, 2007, 9:57:17 AM8/17/07

"Gordon" <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote in message

are you sure that they don't report to credit bureaus? i know my heating
company does.

Gordon

Aug 18, 2007, 12:06:59 AM8/18/07
"AllEmailDeletedImmediately" <der...@hotmail.com> wrote in

Ahh! Good catch. I'll check. It used to be that utilities didn't
report. But now, as you have reminded me, many of them do.