Miniature Frozen Pizzas

Sir Frederick

Jul 30, 2007, 4:06:09 PM7/30/07
Any suggestions for relatively inexpensive
food purchases in the San Diego area.
Wholesale is of interest, especially miniature
frozen pizzas. I have been paying 50 cents
each in packs of 24, but my supplier quit providing
them.
Thanks.

Shawn Hirn

Jul 30, 2007, 7:47:18 PM7/30/07
In article <npgsa39uk9k4lem04...@4ax.com>,
Sir Frederick <mmcn...@fuzzysys.com> wrote:

Why not make your own? My sister used to manage a restaurant where they
served pita pizzas. It was just a pita bread topped with pizza sauce,
cheese, and optional mushrooms, pepperoni, and green peppers. The raw
ingredients are inexpensive and assembly is easy. Just throw a pita
bread on a griddle or in an oven, top with the cheese and sauce, and
heat briefly until the cheese melts. The ingredients cost a few cents so
its hard to go wrong.

Michael Black

Jul 30, 2007, 7:56:20 PM7/30/07

Well you can make your own real pizzas. There was a point when I realized
I was nibbling on the toppin so much when I made pizza that by the time
the pizza was ready, I was full. So instead of making one or two larger
pizzas, I'd make individual size ones, a bunch at a time. I merely put
some tomatoe sauce on each, cooked them, and then put them in the freezer.
When I wanted one, I took it out and put some topping on it, and basically
gave it a short stay in the oven.

Though lately, I've gotten tired of that, and gone back to making fuller
size pizzas every so often.

Michel

Chloe

Jul 31, 2007, 9:37:43 AM7/31/07
"Shawn Hirn" <sr...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Dei Fratelli sells a pizza sauce in a can designed for storing in the fridge
after you open it--and it stays good for several weeks. I think it makes a
great tasting pizza-like snack spread on a toasted English muffin, topped
with a few slices of pepperoni and a handful of grated mozzarella, and run
under the broiler for a couple minutes.

Logan Shaw

Jul 31, 2007, 9:16:06 PM7/31/07
Chloe wrote:
> Dei Fratelli sells a pizza sauce in a can designed for storing in the fridge
> after you open it--and it stays good for several weeks. I think it makes a
> great tasting pizza-like snack spread on a toasted English muffin, topped
> with a few slices of pepperoni and a handful of grated mozzarella, and run
> under the broiler for a couple minutes.

As long as we're talking about pseudo-pizza snack recipes, I do just about
the same thing, except I use regular tomato paste (comes in small cans, not
too watery), and I use as big a flour tortilla as fits in my toaster oven
(and as thick as I can find) as the crust. I put the toaster oven on its
hottest setting and preheat it, then cook the thing until it's just shy of
burnt. Often the crust even puffs up and forms bubbles like a real pizza
crust does (which is one of my favorite parts of pizza).

It's nice to know about a pizza sauce that works well for storing unused
portions in the fridge. With my luck, they won't have it at my grocery
store, but I'll look for it in case they do.

- Logan