Psychological Warfare Techniques Used on Your Doctor

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Aug 19, 2007, 3:57:36 PM8/19/07
Pharmaceutical sales reps are trained in tactics that are on par with some
of the most potent brainwashing techniques used throughout the world,
according to an in-depth report co-written by former Eli Lilly drug rep
Shahram Ahari, and Adriane Fugh-Berman, associate professor of physiology
and biophysics at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington, D.C..

Pharmaceutical companies spend more than $15 billion each year promoting
prescription drugs in the United States.

These campaigns are designed to effectively alter prescribing behavior, to
sell more of the high-profit drugs (as opposed to the most effective, and
least dangerous).

The fact that sales reps for drug companies serve no useful function other
than driving up sales for their blockbuster drugs -- at your expense -- is
no surprise. What may shock you though, is just how insidious their sales
tactics really are.

Last weekend I saw a woman who used to work for me 13 years ago. She wound
up going to a four year naturopathic college, but prior to going to ND
school she worked as a drug rep. I heard firsthand, detailed stories of the
corrupt and deceitful practices they use. I am hoping I can convince her to
write an article that goes into more details.

Rest assured that there is MASSIVE waste and fraud in the drug industry. In
the end, you are the one paying the price twice, by emptying out your wallet
and endangering your health with drugs you probably don't need in the first
place.

Drug reps are not your run-of-the-mill salespeople. They are meticulously
trained to spot the weaknesses of every client. Doctors usually believe they
are immune to persuasion tactics, and drug reps know just how important it
is to maintain that illusion.

full article here:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/08/18/drug-company-reps-are-using-psychological-warfare-techniques-on-your-doctor.aspx

simon

Aug 19, 2007, 4:23:55 PM8/19/07
AllEmailDeletedImmediately <der...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Pharmaceutical sales reps are trained in tactics that are on par with some of the most potent
> brainwashing techniques used throughout the world,

Mindlessly silly hyperbole.

> according to an in-depth report co-written by former Eli Lilly drug rep Shahram Ahari, and Adriane
> Fugh-Berman, associate professor of physiology and biophysics at Georgetown University Medical
> Center in Washington, D.C..

Neither of whom actually have a clue about real brainwashing techniques.

> Pharmaceutical companies spend more than $15 billion each year promoting prescription drugs in the
> United States.

Bugger all of that is spent on the drug reps.

> These campaigns are designed to effectively alter prescribing
> behavior, to sell more of the high-profit drugs (as opposed to the most effective, and least
> dangerous).

That last is easy to claim, hell of a lot harder to actually substantiate that claim.

> The fact that sales reps for drug companies serve no useful function other than driving up sales
> for their blockbuster drugs

Another bare faced lie.

> -- at your expense -- is no surprise. What may shock you though, is just how insidious their sales
> tactics really are.

> Last weekend I saw a woman who used to work for me 13 years ago. She wound up going to a four
> year naturopathic college,

That flaunts her obvious bias.

> but prior to going to ND school she worked as a drug rep. I heard firsthand,
> detailed stories of the corrupt and deceitful practices they use. I am hoping I can convince her
> to write an article that goes into more details.

> Rest assured that there is MASSIVE waste and fraud in the drug industry.

Easy to claim, hell of a lot harder to actually substantiate that claim.

> In the end, you are the one paying the price twice, by emptying out your wallet

Mine doesnt get emptied.

> and endangering your health with drugs you probably don't need in the first place.

Easy to claim, hell of a lot harder to actually substantiate that claim.

> Drug reps are not your run-of-the-mill salespeople. They are
> meticulously trained to spot the weaknesses of every client. Doctors usually believe they are
> immune to persuasion tactics, and drug reps know just how important it is to maintain that
> illusion.

> full article here:

> http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/08/18/drug-company-reps-are-using-psychological-warfare-techniques-on-your-doctor.aspx

Just the usual utterly mindless claims.

aemeijers

Aug 19, 2007, 6:54:55 PM8/19/07

"simon" <simo...@zap.com> wrote in message
The half-life on Rod's alternate accounts seems to be getting shorter.
Getting harder to keep him in the kill file.....

ulti...@hotmail.com

Aug 20, 2007, 8:14:53 AM8/20/07

AllEmailDeletedImmediately wrote:
> Pharmaceutical sales reps are trained in tactics that are on par with some
> of the most potent brainwashing techniques used throughout the world,
> according to an in-depth report co-written by former Eli Lilly drug rep
> Shahram Ahari, and Adriane Fugh-Berman, associate professor of physiology
> and biophysics at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington, D.C..
>
> Pharmaceutical companies spend more than $15 billion each year promoting
> prescription drugs in the United States.
>
> These campaigns are designed to effectively alter prescribing behavior, to
> sell more of the high-profit drugs (as opposed to the most effective, and
> least dangerous).
>
> The fact that sales reps for drug companies serve no useful function other
> than driving up sales for their blockbuster drugs -- at your expense

But... This cant be! We have the bestest healthcare in the world. At
least that is what the Republican party line says.

Citizen Jimserac

Aug 20, 2007, 3:58:41 PM8/20/07

EVERYBODY IS ONTO THIS CHARADE BY NOW. The repercussions have only
just started from Moore's epochal and timely documentary. I've
already seen one ad from the "Ad Council" in which people are laughing
and singing in a hospital waiting room while the announcer extols the
virtues of our wonderful health care system.

EVEN BETTER, as the winds of reform sweep away a health system run by
and for uncaring profiteers, a serious public view is now falling on
the dominant medical system in this country, its dangerous nostrums
and "remedies" dignified with the name "pharmaceuticals", its primary
method of "curing" people by REMOVING things via surgery and its
curious over reliance on MACHINES for diagnoses.

Citizen Jimserac
L'Etat? C' Est MOI!!!

ulti...@hotmail.com

Aug 21, 2007, 10:47:13 PM8/21/07
On Aug 20, 12:58 pm, Citizen Jimserac <Jimse...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 8:14 am, ultim...@hotmail.com wrote:
>

> > AllEmailDeletedImmediately wrote:
> > > Pharmaceutical sales reps are trained in tactics that are on par with some
> > > of the most potent brainwashing techniques used throughout the world,
> > > according to an in-depth report co-written by former Eli Lilly drug rep
> > > Shahram Ahari, and Adriane Fugh-Berman, associate professor of physiology
> > > and biophysics at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington, D.C..
>
> > > Pharmaceutical companies spend more than $15 billion each year promoting
> > > prescription drugs in the United States.
>
> > > These campaigns are designed to effectively alter prescribing behavior, to
> > > sell more of the high-profit drugs (as opposed to the most effective, and
> > > least dangerous).
>
> > > The fact that sales reps for drug companies serve no useful function other
> > > than driving up sales for their blockbuster drugs -- at your expense
>
> > But... This cant be! We have the bestest healthcare in the world. At
> > least that is what the Republican party line says.
>
> EVERYBODY IS ONTO THIS CHARADE BY NOW. The repercussions have only
> just started from Moore's epochal and timely documentary. I've
> already seen one ad from the "Ad Council" in which people are laughing
> and singing in a hospital waiting room while the announcer extols the
> virtues of our wonderful health care system.

Sounds just like the happy masses propaganda straight from the soviet
union.

> EVEN BETTER, as the winds of reform sweep away a health system run by
> and for uncaring profiteers, a serious public view is now falling on
> the dominant medical system in this country, its dangerous nostrums
> and "remedies" dignified with the name "pharmaceuticals", its primary
> method of "curing" people by REMOVING things via surgery and its
> curious over reliance on MACHINES for diagnoses.

Eventually this shit is going to peak, and people will be demanding
their heads. This corruption can't go on forever, it has to end
sometime.

Rod Speed

Aug 21, 2007, 11:04:01 PM8/21/07

You need to get your ears tested, bad.

>> EVEN BETTER, as the winds of reform sweep away a health system
>> run by and for uncaring profiteers, a serious public view is now falling
>> on the dominant medical system in this country, its dangerous nostrums
>> and "remedies" dignified with the name "pharmaceuticals", its primary
>> method of "curing" people by REMOVING things via surgery and its
>> curious over reliance on MACHINES for diagnoses.

> Eventually this shit is going to peak, and people will be demanding their heads.

Have fun explaining how come it didnt happen that way in any first world country.

> This corruption can't go on forever, it has to end sometime.

It aint corruption, and that particular aspect aint ended in even one first world country.

It hasnt for a reason.

webs...@cox.net

Aug 21, 2007, 11:56:35 PM8/21/07
On Aug 20, 5:14 am, ultim...@hotmail.com wrote:

> But... This cant be! We have the bestest healthcare in the world. At
> least that is what the Republican party line says.

Oh stop with the knee-jerk party stuff. The dems haven't done
anything serious either, and they won't. For the same reasons.
Hillary's so-called reform attempt was pathetic and way too
complicated.