RodSpeed, how is gold doing in your neck of the woods?

Quality_is_job_one

Dec 20, 2007, 3:16:09 PM12/20/07

Rod Speed

Dec 20, 2007, 3:44:33 PM12/20/07
Quality_is_job_one <kwo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.lvrj.com/news/9893062.html

Nothing special.

Quality_is_job_one

Dec 21, 2007, 11:06:50 AM12/21/07

I find it interesting that gold is treated so bi-polarly. I think it
useless save industrial/technical applications but people around the
world have been drawn to it because of its luster and symbolism. I
think we should all start collecting copper. Not as valuable per ounce
as gold, but has a huge market for a lot of folks and used in
electrical and plumbing and cookware.

Rod Speed

Dec 21, 2007, 1:15:23 PM12/21/07
Quality_is_job_one <kwo...@hotmail.com> wrote

> Rod Speed <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote
>> Quality_is_job_one <kwo...@hotmail.com> wrote

>>> http://www.lvrj.com/news/9893062.html

>> Nothing special.

> I find it interesting that gold is treated so bi-polarly.

Only by a tiny minority. Anyone who understands
the basics just treats it like any other commodity that
sometimes has some advantages and often doesnt.

> I think it useless save industrial/technical applications but people around
> the world have been drawn to it because of its luster and symbolism.

Its not that so much as it has real advantages when the political system
is so completely off the rails that the currency is a complete dud.

Its also much more portable if you are a refugee on a small boat
leaving SE Asia etc from a country where you cant use the usual
ways of moving your savings out of that country as you leave etc.

> I think we should all start collecting copper.

Its never worth collecting any commodity now. People like us are
in a situation were we dont need to collect any commodity anymore.

> Not as valuable per ounce as gold, but has a huge market for
> a lot of folks and used in electrical and plumbing and cookware.

Thats not what determines the value of any commodity.
Its always the supply/demand that matters.

The world economy aint gunna collapse, you watch.

The US economy isnt going to either.

Dennis

Dec 21, 2007, 6:13:50 PM12/21/07
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 08:06:50 -0800 (PST), Quality_is_job_one
<kwo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I think we should all start collecting copper. Not as valuable per ounce
>as gold, but has a huge market for a lot of folks and used in
>electrical and plumbing and cookware.

Not to mention ammunition.

Dennis (evil)
--
What government gives, it must first take away.