Frugal Home Remedy Questions / Thoughts

Joe

Nov 9, 2007, 9:10:22 PM11/9/07
Okay... This feels like the most "troll-like" post I've ever posted here,
but I assure you, the question is legitimate and comes from me recently
reading the "US Army Survival Manual" I bought at a book sale this summer.

On page 26 of section 3, it says you can use the following remedies to treat
an intestinal problem caused by parasites:

1.) Saltwater. Mix 4 tablespoons of salt in 1 quart of water and drink.
Do not repeat this treatment

Thoughts: Okay... This I can understand sorta... Makes a solution that is
absorbed by the parasites I suppose.

2.) Tobacco. Eat 1 to 1.5 cigarettes. The nicotine in the cigarette will
kill or stun the worms long enough for your system to pass them. If the
infestation is severe, repeat the treatment in 24-48 hours, but not sooner.

Thoughts: I can see this working. Having swallowed a cigarette once when I
was 16 or 17, I'd say this is probably really uncomfortable... But I guess
the parasitic infection is too.

3.) Hot peppers. Peppers are effective only if they are a steady part of
your diet. You can eat them raw or put them in soups or rice and meat
dishes.

Thoughts: Jalapeno good enough or do I have to take it to the Habanero or
even beyond to the Naga level hot peppers?

4.) Kerosene. Drink 2 tablespoons of kerosene but no more. If necessary,
you can repeat this treatment in 24-48 hours but no sooner.

Thoughts: Wow. Siphoning gasoline tastes bad when you mess up. I can't
imagine what kerosene tastes like... I also can't imagine that doing this
often is very good for you or your kidneys, liver, intestines, stomach,
tongue, throat, or arse.

Who tests this stuff?!?

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"
http://yunx.com/valk.htm

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/5apkg

Hillary Exposed:
http://tinyurl.com/2v4avg

Rod Speed

Nov 9, 2007, 11:24:32 PM11/9/07
Joe <really-fake...@yunx.com> wrote:

> Okay... This feels like the most "troll-like" post I've ever posted here, but I assure you, the question is
> legitimate and comes from me recently reading the "US Army Survival Manual" I bought at a book sale this summer.

Corse you would say that if you were trolling...

> On page 26 of section 3, it says you can use the following remedies to treat an intestinal problem caused by
> parasites:

> 1.) Saltwater. Mix 4 tablespoons of salt in 1 quart of water and drink. Do not repeat this treatment

Pointless using this approach when more effective ways of dealing
with intestinal parasites are available and arent expensive.

> Thoughts: Okay... This I can understand sorta... Makes a solution that is absorbed by the parasites I suppose.

Or kills them in theory, anyway.

> 2.) Tobacco. Eat 1 to 1.5 cigarettes. The nicotine in the cigarette will kill or stun the worms long enough for
> your system to pass them. If the infestation is severe, repeat the treatment in 24-48 hours, but not sooner.

Stupid using this approach when more effective ways of dealing
with intestinal parasites are available and arent expensive.

> Thoughts: I can see this working. Having swallowed a cigarette once
> when I was 16 or 17, I'd say this is probably really uncomfortable...
> But I guess the parasitic infection is too.

Not necessarily, some are symptom free.

> 3.) Hot peppers. Peppers are effective only if they are a steady part of your diet. You can eat them raw or put them
> in soups or rice and meat dishes.

Mindlessly silly.

> Thoughts: Jalapeno good enough or do I have to take it to the Habanero or even beyond to the Naga level hot peppers?

> 4.) Kerosene. Drink 2 tablespoons of kerosene but no more. If
> necessary, you can repeat this treatment in 24-48 hours but no sooner.

Even more stupid using this approach when more effective ways of
dealing with intestinal parasites are available and arent expensive.

> Thoughts: Wow. Siphoning gasoline tastes bad when you mess up. I can't imagine what kerosene tastes like...

Not as bad, its not as volatile.

> I also can't imagine that doing this often is very good for you or your kidneys, liver, intestines, stomach, tongue,
> throat, or arse.

Yeah, its a stupid approach if the usual treatment for intestinal
parasites is available, and it always is except in the situation
that manual was written for, even in third world countrys.

And it makes a hell of a lot more sense to avoid getting intestinal parasites
in the first place by using any of the obvious ways to ensure that.

> Who tests this stuff?!?

Presumably that crap was tested at vast expense to the US taxpayer using
suckers that didnt have any real choice as far as being victims was concerned.

Logan Shaw

Nov 10, 2007, 1:17:37 AM11/10/07
Rod Speed wrote:
> Joe <really-fake...@yunx.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay... This feels like the most "troll-like" post I've ever posted here, but I assure you, the question is
>> legitimate and comes from me recently reading the "US Army Survival Manual" I bought at a book sale this summer.
>
> Corse you would say that if you were trolling...
>
>> On page 26 of section 3, it says you can use the following remedies to treat an intestinal problem caused by
>> parasites:
>
>> 1.) Saltwater. Mix 4 tablespoons of salt in 1 quart of water and drink. Do not repeat this treatment
>
> Pointless using this approach when more effective ways of dealing
> with intestinal parasites are available and arent expensive.

This is the US Army Survival Manual. It's a book which has stuff like
12 ways to get fresh water in the desert or when stranded on an island.
Fresh water is normally cheap and available. This book is about what
to do when the usual conditions don't apply.

- Logan

Rod Speed

Nov 10, 2007, 4:29:30 AM11/10/07
Logan Shaw <lshaw-...@austin.rr.com> wrote

> Rod Speed wrote
>> Joe <really-fake...@yunx.com> wrote

>>> Okay... This feels like the most "troll-like" post I've ever
>>> posted here, but I assure you, the question is legitimate and comes from me recently reading the "US Army Survival
>>> Manual" I bought at a book sale this summer.

>> Corse you would say that if you were trolling...

>>> On page 26 of section 3, it says you can use the following remedies to treat an intestinal problem caused by
>>> parasites:

>>> 1.) Saltwater. Mix 4 tablespoons of salt in 1 quart of water and drink. Do not repeat this treatment

>> Pointless using this approach when more effective ways of dealing
>> with intestinal parasites are available and arent expensive.

> This is the US Army Survival Manual.

What I said using different words in what you deleted from the quoting.

> It's a book which has stuff like 12 ways to get fresh water in the desert or when stranded on an island. Fresh water
> is normally cheap and available. This book is about what to do when the usual conditions don't apply.

What I said using different words in what you deleted from the quoting.

Message has been deleted

Rod Speed

Nov 10, 2007, 1:42:18 PM11/10/07
TH O <t...@tho.23.invalid> wrote:
> In article <5pkq43F...@mid.individual.net>,

> This is a *SURVIVAL* manual.

You quite sure you aint one of those rocket scientist loons ?

> What part of that don't you get?

What I get is that if you are obsessed about survival, it makes
a hell of a lot more sense to ensure you have an adequate supply
of what deals with intestinal parasites MUCH more effectively than
that crap above than it ever does using that crap above instead.

> They didn't put this stuff in there if it was bull. The kerosene
> remedy was supposedly used in WWII POW camps for
> tapeworms when the POWs couldn't access medication.

I didnt say it does work, I said it makes no sense to use
kerosene TODAY when the alternatives work so much better
and are readily available, even if you are in Gauntano etc.

Joe

Nov 10, 2007, 5:47:09 PM11/10/07
> I didn't say it does work, I said it makes no sense to use

> kerosene TODAY when the alternatives work so much better
> and are readily available, even if you are in Gauntano etc.

I'm pretty sure nobody was promoting it's use... The original question was
aswered as to who, what, when, where, why, etc... Thread is dead as far as
I'm concerned - and it was my original post. <G>

Rod Speed

Nov 10, 2007, 10:34:58 PM11/10/07
Joe <really-fake...@yunx.com> wrote:

>> I didn't say it does work, I said it makes no sense to use
>> kerosene TODAY when the alternatives work so much better
>> and are readily available, even if you are in Gauntano etc.

> I'm pretty sure nobody was promoting it's use... The original
> question was aswered as to who, what, when, where, why, etc... Thread is dead as far as I'm concerned - and it was my
> original post.

You have always been, and always will be, completely and utterly irrelevant.

Siskuwihane

Nov 11, 2007, 7:52:46 AM11/11/07
On Nov 10, 10:34 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:

Even when a thread is dead, Rod has to get in the last word.

Joe

Nov 11, 2007, 9:24:05 AM11/11/07
>> You have always been, and always will be, completely and utterly
>> irrelevant.
>
> Even when a thread is dead, Rod has to get in the last word.

I have *it* killfiled... But when folks respond to *it*, I get the
pleasure of viewing the 6 yr. old's posts.

Peter Bruells

Nov 11, 2007, 9:44:26 AM11/11/07
"Joe" <really-fake...@yunx.com> writes:

> >> You have always been, and always will be, completely and utterly
> >> irrelevant.
> >
> > Even when a thread is dead, Rod has to get in the last word.
>
> I have *it* killfiled... But when folks respond to *it*, I get the
> pleasure of viewing the 6 yr. old's posts.

So killfile any responses to him, too.

Rod Speed

Nov 11, 2007, 2:41:10 PM11/11/07

Corse you never ever do anything like that yourself, eh child ?