$12-$15 / Gallon in USA

Just Visiting

May 24, 2008, 6:02:02 PM5/24/08
Just read an article that predicted gas will cost between $12-$15 per
gallon by year 2010. Better start looking for a second part-time job
or working overtime to help pay just for gas expenses in the future.
The analysts say it's heading our way.

Anthony Matonak

May 24, 2008, 6:38:02 PM5/24/08

So are electric cars, very high speed internet and (hopefully) better
public transit and city planning.

Anthony

novascroller

May 24, 2008, 7:47:33 PM5/24/08

thats what it would be now if it weren't for the government
subsidizing the oil industry to the tune of billions of $$$.

Rod Speed

May 24, 2008, 8:41:18 PM5/24/08
novascroller <novascrol...@gmail.com> wrote
> Just Visiting <nospam-...@sbcglobal.net> wrote

Nope, as can be seen in countrys that dont do that.

novascroller

May 25, 2008, 6:13:03 AM5/25/08

like most countries in europe right?

Rod Speed

May 25, 2008, 7:19:09 AM5/25/08
novascroller <novascrol...@gmail.com> wrote

Nope, no one has gasoline at those prices, anywhere.

Phil

May 25, 2008, 8:53:08 PM5/25/08
On May 24, 6:38 pm, Anthony Matonak

The large company that i work for employs about 4000 people in one
location alone.
a good majority of them commute 20-60 miles per day. while the company
cannot
afford to give pay increases to cover the cost of rising fuel pries it
is seriously looking at
tele-commuting as an alternative. i think we will see a lot more of it
in the future.

Nicik Name

May 25, 2008, 10:01:06 PM5/25/08

"Phil" <prh...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Carpenters and plumbers and the like will have to suffer.

Penis Kolada

May 25, 2008, 10:20:37 PM5/25/08

There is not a chance of something like that happening, the reality is
that fossil based fuels cannot hope to pass the production cost of
synthetic fuels. At the moment I can manufacture ethanol in my garage at
a cost that is already lower than current fuel prices. (And I do, albeit
only for experimental purposes - don't want to wreck my car.)

If industry was to begin broad scale manufacture of synthetic fuel their
costs would be much lower again. There are problems associated with
engine wear and ethanol-based fuels, but these are not insurmountable.
Also, it is more than likely that before fossil based fuel reaches
anywhere near those prices hydrogen cars will be perfected. After all
the very first cars ran on an oxygen hydrogen mixture, although not very
successfully. There are already a number of hydrogen powered cars
exhibiting very positive results, it is only a matter of time before we
see them on a showroom floor.

PK

ChairMan

May 25, 2008, 10:55:09 PM5/25/08
In news:ycedncrSY-F-hKfV...@earthlink.com,
Nicik Name <orb...@ix.netcom.com>spewed forth:

Nope. They'll just pass the cost to you.
They're the ones using those mean gas guzzling SUVs and trucks, too.
Oh my

lorinc...@yahoo.com

May 25, 2008, 11:13:02 PM5/25/08
On May 24, 5:02 pm, Just Visiting <nospam-webex...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

If gas was really $12-$15 an hour very few of us would still have
jobs. You can forget about overtime or getting a second one.

-beaumon

webs...@cox.net

May 25, 2008, 11:20:37 PM5/25/08

Hydrogen is not an energy source, but is only an energy delivery
system.
Where does the hydrogen come from? Electrolysis (which requires
electricity) or some chemical process, which requires the input
chemicals.
You can't mine or drill for hydrogen as you can mine coal or drill for
oil.
Futhermore, the conversion process from whatever the source, to
hydrogen, will require energy, so the net is a lower overall energy
efficiency.

Hydrogen may be useful, but it is NOT a source.

Rod Speed

May 26, 2008, 12:38:49 AM5/26/08
webs...@cox.net wrote:
> On May 25, 7:20 pm, Penis Kolada <t...@that.com> wrote:
>> Just Visiting wrote:
>>> Just read an article that predicted gas will cost between $12-$15
>>> per gallon by year 2010. Better start looking for a second
>>> part-time job or working overtime to help pay just for gas expenses
>>> in the future. The analysts say it's heading our way.
>>
>> There is not a chance of something like that happening, the reality
>> is that fossil based fuels cannot hope to pass the production cost of
>> synthetic fuels. At the moment I can manufacture ethanol in my
>> garage at a cost that is already lower than current fuel prices.
>> (And I do, albeit only for experimental purposes - don't want to
>> wreck my car.)
>>
>> If industry was to begin broad scale manufacture of synthetic fuel
>> their costs would be much lower again. There are problems associated
>> with engine wear and ethanol-based fuels, but these are not
>> insurmountable. Also, it is more than likely that before fossil
>> based fuel reaches anywhere near those prices hydrogen cars will be
>> perfected. After all the very first cars ran on an oxygen hydrogen
>> mixture, although not very successfully. There are already a number
>> of hydrogen powered cars exhibiting very positive results, it is
>> only a matter of time before we see them on a showroom floor.

> Hydrogen is not an energy source, but is only an energy delivery system.

Irrelevant to what makes a viable transport fuel.

> Where does the hydrogen come from? Electrolysis (which requires
> electricity) or some chemical process, which requires the input chemicals.

Or nukes, or coal.

> You can't mine or drill for hydrogen as you can mine coal or drill for oil.

You cant make oil in a nuke.

> Futhermore, the conversion process from whatever the source, to hydrogen,
> will require energy, so the net is a lower overall energy efficiency.

Doesnt matter when you use nukes for power and hydrogen.

> Hydrogen may be useful,

No may be about it, it is useful.

> but it is NOT a source.

Irrelevant to what makes a viable transport fuel.

JonL

May 29, 2008, 6:46:34 AM5/29/08

The "analysts" say....blah, blah..
Anyone with an anus can claim to be an analyst.
What do they know about 2 years from now??? Bet none predicted $130 bbl
back in 2006.

Seerialmom

May 29, 2008, 2:39:34 PM5/29/08

Well someone knew because I remember seeing those commercials for
"investing in oil futures" or something to that effect a few years ago
on TV. Whoever was behind the commercials knew that oil was being
traded as a commodity and was cashing in.

Seerialmom

May 29, 2008, 2:40:25 PM5/29/08
On May 24, 3:02 pm, Just Visiting <nospam-webex...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

Oh well, luckily we won't have to live with it for long since the
world "is" going to end in 2012, right? ;)

Rod Speed

May 29, 2008, 3:14:55 PM5/29/08

Some did.

Corse some had done in that a decade before that too and it took a hell
of a lot longer than they claimed it would before it actually happened, too.

There's currently someone predicting it will be back at $50 again too.

rick++

May 29, 2008, 5:21:38 PM5/29/08
That means 6 Euros a liter in Europe and $4 a liter in Australia!

krw

May 29, 2008, 7:28:28 PM5/29/08
In article <7f9876c8-d2cf-4ce8-9937-1e0f84f55860
@a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, seeri...@yahoo.com says...

Huh? Oil has been traded as a commodity for a *long* time. The one
cashing is was the spammer paying for the commercials.

--
Keith

JonL

May 30, 2008, 7:00:19 AM5/30/08

There's so many oil prognosticators now, some are bound to be right on
the mark. The same day this was posted, a "Chief Economist" (whoop de
doo)on the Bizz channel said gas will be up to $7 in the US within the
next 4 years.

> There's currently someone predicting it will be back at $50 again too.

Well, ((Hugs)) to him, but I'd not bet it gets that low again.
Axshully, it could if they'd start counting all the dirty oil as proven
reserves.

meatnub

May 30, 2008, 12:24:41 PM5/30/08
On May 30, 7:00 am, JonL <J...@Mayday.com> wrote:
> Rod Speed wrote:

> > JonL <J...@Mayday.com> wrote:
> >> Just Visiting wrote

My financial analyst ( http://8ball.tridelphia.net/ ) told me "It is
certain" about the $12/gal, and when I asked it about reaching $15 a
gallon it said "Don't count on it" so there's hope yet!

Seerialmom

May 30, 2008, 2:24:11 PM5/30/08
On May 29, 4:28 pm, krw <k...@att.bizzzzzzzzzz> wrote:
> In article <7f9876c8-d2cf-4ce8-9937-1e0f84f55860
> @a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, seerial...@yahoo.com says...
> Keith- Hide quoted text -

True...but the "average" person wasn't trading in this commodity.
Remember the dot com bubble? that also happened because people were
buying stocks in companies they shouldn't have because they weren't
worth the price. So if "average joe speculator" gets into the oil
futures trading and runs the price up..we pay.

Rod Speed

May 30, 2008, 2:25:48 PM5/30/08
meatnub <mea...@gmail.com> wrote

There's plenty of fortune tellers that will tell you what you want to hear for a fee too.

krw

May 30, 2008, 6:47:37 PM5/30/08
In article <0e223f6b-71a9-4864-8062-10e471fc9ef6
@w4g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, seeri...@yahoo.com says...

> On May 29, 4:28 pm, krw <k...@att.bizzzzzzzzzz> wrote:
> > In article <7f9876c8-d2cf-4ce8-9937-1e0f84f55860
> > @a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, seerial...@yahoo.com says...

> > > Well someone knew because I remember seeing those commercials for
> > > "investing in oil futures" or something to that effect a few years ago
> > > on TV.  Whoever was behind the commercials knew that oil was being
> > > traded as a commodity and was cashing in.
> >
> > Huh?  Oil has been traded as a commodity for a *long* time.  The one
> > cashing is was the spammer paying for the commercials.
> >
> > --
> > Keith- Hide quoted text -

> True...but the "average" person wasn't trading in this commodity.

That is *NOT* what you said.

Just because you watch infomercials doesn't mean the "average"
person is trading in what they're selling.

> Remember the dot com bubble? that also happened because people were
> buying stocks in companies they shouldn't have because they weren't
> worth the price. So if "average joe speculator" gets into the oil
> futures trading and runs the price up..we pay.

...and he'll eventually be wearing nothing but the barrel. It's
been that way since forever. See: .bomb

--
Keith