The $810 BILLION bailout ... what does it mean to ME???

Dave

Oct 5, 2008, 6:16:09 PM10/5/08
No bullshit, no hype, just the facts:
- It was $700 Billion, but that was rejected. The version signed into law
recently is worse. It is $810 Billion.
- We don't have $810 Billion, we will have to borrow it from other
countries, like China.
- The payoff on the loan will be a minimum of $1.6 TRILLION. Some experts
say the number is closer to $10 TRILLION.
- There are about 138,000,000 taxpayers (debtors) in the U.S. right now
- The Bailout will cost EACH taxpayer $11,594.20 MINIMUM.
- The Bailout will cost a two-income family $23,188.40 MINIMUM.

Some idiots are speculating that we might make a profit of up to $200
Billion on the money we are throwing at the banks which are bankrupt and
mis-managed. If so, (and that's a HUGE 'IF') this will reduce our loss to a
measly $1.4 TRILLION dollars.

- The Bailout will cost EACH taxpayer $11,594.20 MINIMUM.

IMHO, every congressman who voted for this should spend a minimum of 10
years in Federal prison. -Dave

Lou

Oct 5, 2008, 7:03:14 PM10/5/08
Let's see, last Monday's stock market drop erased $1.1 trillion stock
value. If the $700 billion, or $810 billion, or whatever, manages to
steady the economy and reverse that loss, it'll be cheap at the price.

Rod Speed

Oct 5, 2008, 7:29:56 PM10/5/08
Dave <no...@nohow.not> wrote

> No bullshit, no hype, just the facts:

Obvious bare faced lie.

> - It was $700 Billion, but that was rejected. The version signed into law recently is worse. It is $810 Billion.

> - We don't have $810 Billion, we will have to borrow it from other countries, like China.

Just what happened with the fiasco in Iraq. So ?

> - The payoff on the loan will be a minimum of $1.6 TRILLION.

Easy to claim. Hell of a lot harder to actually substantiate that claim.

> Some experts say the number is closer to $10 TRILLION.

Odd that you havent actually named any that stupid so we can see
if we agree that they are experts in anything except lying bullshit.

> - There are about 138,000,000 taxpayers (debtors) in the U.S. right now - The Bailout will cost EACH taxpayer
> $11,594.20 MINIMUM.

Easy to claim. Hell of a lot harder to actually substantiate that claim.

And thats less than the fiasco in Iraq has cost anyway.

> - The Bailout will cost a two-income family $23,188.40 MINIMUM.

Easy to claim. Hell of a lot harder to actually substantiate that claim.

And thats less than the fiasco in Iraq has cost anyway.

> Some idiots are speculating that we might make a profit of up to $200
> Billion on the money we are throwing at the banks which are bankrupt
> and mis-managed. If so, (and that's a HUGE 'IF') this will reduce
> our loss to a measly $1.4 TRILLION dollars.

Easy to claim. Hell of a lot harder to actually substantiate that claim.

> - The Bailout will cost EACH taxpayer $11,594.20 MINIMUM.

Easy to claim. Hell of a lot harder to actually substantiate that claim.

And thats less than the fiasco in Iraq has cost anyway.

> IMHO, every congressman who voted for this should spend a minimum of 10 years in Federal prison.

Then do the decent thing and set fire to yourself in 'protest' or sumfin.

Dave

Oct 5, 2008, 8:11:24 PM10/5/08

>> - The Bailout will cost EACH taxpayer $11,594.20 MINIMUM.
>>
>> IMHO, every congressman who voted for this should spend a minimum of 10
>> years in Federal prison. -Dave
>>

> Let's see, last Monday's stock market drop erased $1.1 trillion stock
> value. If the $700 billion, or $810 billion, or whatever, manages to
> steady the economy and reverse that loss, it'll be cheap at the price.

Ok, so we'll charge each taxpayer ~$12K so that SOME investors might not
lose a little money? (at least not right away) Since when is the U.S.
Government in the business of telling individual taxpayers what stocks to
invest in, and how much to invest, with a gun pointed at their heads? -Dave

Rod Speed

Oct 5, 2008, 10:06:24 PM10/5/08
Dave <no...@never.invalid> wrote

>>> - The Bailout will cost EACH taxpayer $11,594.20 MINIMUM.

>> Let's see, last Monday's stock market drop erased $1.1 trillion stock

>> value. If the $700 billion, or $810 billion, or whatever, manages to
>> steady the economy and reverse that loss, it'll be cheap at the price.

> Ok, so we'll charge each taxpayer ~$12K so that SOME investors might not lose a little money?

Most of those who have worked have pension funds etc. Particularly
those with the better jobs that would be paying the most in taxation.

And its nothing like 'a little money' either.

> Since when is the U.S. Government in the business of telling individual taxpayers what stocks to invest in, and how
> much to invest,

That isnt telling individual taxpayers what stocks to invest in.

> with a gun pointed at their heads?

Ever since we invented taxation, cretin.

William Souden

Oct 5, 2008, 11:39:18 PM10/5/08
Rod Speed wrote:
> Dave <no...@never.invalid> wrote

>>> Let's see, last Monday's stock market drop erased $1.1 trillion stock
>>> value. If the $700 billion, or $810 billion, or whatever, manages to
>>> steady the economy and reverse that loss, it'll be cheap at the price.
>
>> Ok, so we'll charge each taxpayer ~$12K so that SOME investors might not lose a little money?
>
> Most of those who have worked have pension funds etc. Particularly
> those with the better jobs that would be paying the most in taxation.

But you are not one of those who have worked,welfare boy.

> And its nothing like 'a little money' either.
>
>> Since when is the U.S. Government in the business of telling individual taxpayers what stocks to invest in, and how
>> much to invest,
>
> That isnt telling individual taxpayers what stocks to invest in.
>
>> with a gun pointed at their heads?
>
> Ever since we invented taxation, cretin.

O look, Rod found a new insult.

timeOday

Oct 9, 2008, 6:18:38 PM10/9/08

So much for THAT theory - DOW just closed at 8579! Wow!!!

(I guess you can always worry it might have been even worse).

Dave

Oct 9, 2008, 6:36:09 PM10/9/08
> So much for THAT theory - DOW just closed at 8579! Wow!!!
>
> (I guess you can always worry it might have been even worse).

To put it in perspective... the DOW lost 7% in ONE DAY.

Now watch some fricking moron claim with a straight face that the $810
BILLION bailout was not a terrible idea. -Dave

Rod Speed

Oct 9, 2008, 7:53:54 PM10/9/08

You dunno what it would have done if Congress had refused to do the bailout, fool.

nospam

Oct 9, 2008, 9:28:27 PM10/9/08
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6l7jskF...@mid.individual.net...

Yeah, it's like asking Saddam Hussein to prove he didn't have WMDs.

Same game.

Bush has finally attained his long-term goal to be dictator. If you want to
know which corporations are being allowed to live and which are not,
simply refer to your handy list of major Republican Party donors.

Rod Speed

Oct 9, 2008, 9:52:10 PM10/9/08
nospam <nos...@comcast.invalid.net> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote
>> Dave <no...@nohow.not> wrote

>>> To put it in perspective... the DOW lost 7% in ONE DAY.

>>> Now watch some fricking moron claim with a straight face
>>> that the $810 BILLION bailout was not a terrible idea.

>> You dunno what it would have done if Congress had refused to do the bailout, fool.

> Yeah, it's like asking Saddam Hussein to prove he didn't have WMDs.

> Same game.

> Bush has finally attained his long-term goal to be dictator.

Nope, he'll be gone in months, you watch. He wont even be able to get his own party's
candidate to replace him as Prez, or have any control over Congress either, you watch.

> If you want to know which corporations are being allowed to live and which
> are not, simply refer to your handy list of major Republican Party donors.

Pity about Lehmans.