Cleaners shrunk a Lambswool sweater - How can I stretch a it out 1 inch all the way around

IrishG...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2007, 5:46:11 PM8/17/07
The cleaners shrank a lamb's wool sweater. Is there anyway to relax
the fibers or to stretch it back out 1 inch all the way around. Oddly
enough, it shrank more side to side than top to bottom, which is
unusual for wool knits. I felt (on purpose) a lot and they usually
shrink more vertically than horizaontally.

Help this has a faux fur lined hood that didn't seem to shrink and I
am afraid to try the vinegar thing, epseically in really hot water as
that will strip the remaining lanolin from the wool.

ANY ONE ELSE HAVE AN IDEA? I AM FRANTIC!

Aug 17, 2007, 10:02:27 PM8/17/07
IrishG...@gmail.com wrote:
> The cleaners shrank a lamb's wool sweater. Is there anyway to relax
> the fibers or to stretch it back out 1 inch all the way around. Oddly
> enough, it shrank more side to side than top to bottom, which is
> unusual for wool knits. I felt (on purpose) a lot and they usually
> shrink more vertically than horizaontally.

No, there is no way except possibly suing the cleaners in small claims
court for the value of the sweater. Go ask in
news:rec.crafts.textiles.sewing or news:rec.crafts.textiles.yarn if you
want to verify this.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.