Free WiFi @ my local Chick-Fil-A

James

Mar 19, 2008, 3:04:40 PM3/19/08
Anyone here taking advantage? I've use WiFi at coffee houses but
Chick seems a little too greasy to me. I'm afraid the frying might
cause a oily film to attack my laptop.

Lee K

Mar 19, 2008, 7:43:28 PM3/19/08

"James" <j006...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Anyone here taking advantage? I've use WiFi at coffee houses but
> Chick seems a little too greasy to me. I'm afraid the frying might
> cause a oily film to attack my laptop.

I can't get any traction on my touch pad.

Logan Shaw

Mar 20, 2008, 12:35:37 AM3/20/08

Well, I suppose you could always just not go there, then.

- Logan

James

Mar 20, 2008, 12:42:32 AM3/20/08

I haven't gone there for WiFi and just wonder if others did.

Just A User

Mar 20, 2008, 7:14:30 AM3/20/08

never at a chic but used a free wifi at a denny's while on vacation

JonL

Mar 20, 2008, 3:10:46 PM3/20/08

Don't take the laptop to work, or try it from outside, in your car.

I get mine free at home from the flower shop on the corner, with the
help of a small dish antenna.

JonL

Mar 20, 2008, 5:42:05 PM3/20/08
JonL wrote:
Message has been deleted

Seerialmom

Mar 20, 2008, 7:07:24 PM3/20/08

Would you really be sitting in there long enough to get that much
grease? They do use powerful vents over the fryers...I'm sure your
laptop would live for an hour. Or you could get inventive...and use a
sheet of Saran wrap on the keyboard and one of them laptop
"envelopes" (kinda like a book cover).

James

Mar 21, 2008, 1:44:29 PM3/21/08

Where do you get a dish antenna?

JonL

Mar 21, 2008, 5:53:07 PM3/21/08
James wrote:in

Got mine at Frys, about $70, with tax. A bit cheaper on the net, I
think. Made by Hawking Technology. (HWU8DD Hi-Gain Wireless-G USB Dish
Adapter) For 8 months now it's served me well. This thing is rated
8dbi, 3x better than my internal wireless card in my el-cheapo Toshiba
laptop. Of course, if all the networks around your house are secured,
you're outta luck.