Save Money On Travel Cell Phone Charger - USB Wire Modification Guide

Paul Michaels

Dec 6, 2007, 1:22:56 PM12/6/07
My travel wall charger for my cell phone broke on a trip not too long
ago and I didn't feel like spending money to get another one on eBay.
So I did some research and hacked together a common USB data transfer
wire and a spare 12v car charger cable for my Sony Ericcson.

Now I don't have to wrestle the OEM wall charger out from behind my
desk every time I go out of town. I just take this little wire and can
use any computer or my laptop to charge the phone.

I took pictures of the process and put together a quick guide if any
of you want to try it. Be sure to check the specs of your phone first
so you don't fry it.

This costs $0.00 out of pocket as long as you have a bunch of old
wires/cables in a box somewhere. I'm sure most of us do.

Here's the guide -
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/USB-Cell-Phone-Charger-Cable-Guide/index.html

P.S. Motorola owners are lucky because the phone already accepts a
mini-usb plug and all you need is the windows driver to make the phone
charge via any USB port.
__
Cheers,
Paul Michaels