Home Decorating - People Love Rugs that Appeal to The Senses

yssdvt...@yahoo.com

Feb 28, 2008, 4:23:02 AM2/28/08

Using rugs here and there is a decorative way to add charm and
personality to your home. Rugs help you create the look and feel you
want for each room. But, it goes beyond that. Rugs are more than just
floor coverings - they can also appeal to our senses.
The most obvious sense that rugs impact is sight. Rugs can create
visual interest with eye-catching designs or bold colors. A rug can
also be it's own focal point or it can help draw attention to
something nearby. It might be a piece of furniture or a feature of the
room that is highlighted because of the rug's placement.
Touch, or feel, is another major sense that many rugs appeal to.
Anyone who has ever been barefoot on a cold bare floor and then
stepped onto a rug has felt instant relief. I was raised in an area of
the United States that has cold winters. No matter how much warmth the
furnace pumped out, the bare floors were cold in our old house. New
slippers were a welcome gift.
Certain types of rugs, such as shag, Flokati, and sheepskin rugs, have
a remarkable feel thanks to the longer-than-usual material. When I say
shag rugs, I am talking about the newer versions, not the out-dated
ones from the 1970s. If you want to have a rug with cloud-like
fluffiness, there's nothing better than a Flokati rug or a sheepskin
rug. These rugs are just right when you want to lay on the floor in
front of the TV, curl up in front of the fireplace, or just wiggle
your toes in the thick, lush fibers....

More About Home Decorating : http://groups.google.com/group/decoratvup