where did everybody go?

Lou

Sep 11, 2008, 7:32:58 PM9/11/08
It's been three days and I haven't seen a new post (spam is filtered out,
but I haven't even seen a new spam address). Did this once great group die?

Dave

Sep 11, 2008, 9:00:53 PM9/11/08

"Lou" <lpo...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> It's been three days and I haven't seen a new post (spam is filtered out,
> but I haven't even seen a new spam address). Did this once great group
> die?

Many major ISPs aren't peering usenet anymore. The excuse given is that
they wanted to stop distribution of kiddie porn in the binary groups, so
they killed ALL groups. Truly ironic, as usenet should be text only. So a
better idea would have been to just kill all the binary groups that don't
belong on usenet anyway...

Result is, traffic to all TEXT usenet groups is down (by my estimate) at
least 90%.

If you ask me, it is an attempt to kill free speech, using "it's for the
children" as a lame excuse. -Dave

Tony

Sep 11, 2008, 10:53:40 PM9/11/08
I think everyone went to the 24hoursupport.helpdesk newsgroup. Why not let
Chuckcar put your computer in ruins by taking some of his well concocted advice?

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

No, I just decided not to play your silly game is all. *Some* of us know proper
manners

realm of understandability

Tony

Sep 12, 2008, 8:45:12 AM9/12/08
Make that half-brained concocted advice.