Legal/Money question for parents of teenagers

Bob Young

Oct 24, 2007, 9:01:05 AM10/24/07
Related to $$$$, so it is not off topic if the topic-police want to
know.

Are the parents of a teenage boy responsible 'legally' for the child
support of any babies that boy might be the father of.

I am talking 'legally'...not morally or anything else. Can the court
force 'his' parents to support that baby until he is 18 or legal age?

And please no long threads about DNA and teenagers having premarital
sex..that is not the question.

Just A User

Oct 24, 2007, 9:20:48 AM10/24/07

I have never heard or read about any case like that. You might be
setting legal precedence with that one.

Message has been deleted

Bill

Oct 24, 2007, 10:02:35 AM10/24/07
I found a law for at least one state which says the parents of the teenage
parents can be required to pay support. But as everyone knows, laws vary
from state to state, so this could be totally different in another state.

Here is the law I found...

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_50/GS_50-13.4.html

Rod Speed

Oct 24, 2007, 2:35:42 PM10/24/07
Bob Young <difdr...@webtv.net> wrote:

> Related to $$$$, so it is not off topic if the topic-police want to know.

Wrong. Plenty that is about $$$$ has absolutely NOTHING to do with frugal living.

> Are the parents of a teenage boy responsible 'legally' for the
> child support of any babies that boy might be the father of.

Nope.

> I am talking 'legally'...not morally or anything else. Can the court
> force 'his' parents to support that baby until he is 18 or legal age?

Nope.

Shawn Hirn

Oct 24, 2007, 11:40:38 PM10/24/07
In article <2485-47...@storefull-3212.bay.webtv.net>,
difdr...@webtv.net (Bob Young) wrote:

This is purely a legal question and I am sure it depends on the state
where the boy's parents live. Try posting your question on the misc.law
group with more details.