Any suggestions - internet data card ?

ayesh...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2008, 10:46:54 AM8/16/08
Any suggestions - internet data card - Pay as you go Service?

I have 2 questions.

1. I am in the process of buying a laptop. The laptop does not have a
slot for an internet datacard to be inserted ...can only accomodate
a USB device for internet data service. So I will need a service that
offers the USB device. I am using T mobile (USA) ( US 49.99 per
month ) now but they do not offer a USB device in lieu of the
internet data card.
So I have to find a new service. Any suggestions of an economical
service ?

2. Since I hardly use this service - maybe once in 2 months ( for
about an hour or so ) and have been paying for this service for over 2
years! What a waste.
Is there a company in the US that offers this service on a Pay as
you go basis (AND hopefully also the USB device instead of the Data
Card ) ?
This would reduce my expense substantially.
Any suggestions ?

Or can anyone suggest any other economical service / option ?

Not being in the technical field and having little knowledge and
experience of integrating different components, technologies etc I
would prefer a company/package that makes it simple for me to get the
service going without pulling my hair out.

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated,

Ayesha Hill

Gordon

Aug 17, 2008, 3:06:17 AM8/17/08
ayesh...@gmail.com wrote in

Do you really need the Air card service??

Can you get buy with using a Wi-fi hot sot??
That would be the more frugal solution.

Message has been deleted

terryc

Aug 17, 2008, 8:53:21 PM8/17/08
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 13:07:02 -0400, Shawn Hirn wrote:

> and there are tons of free or inexpensive wi-fi access points in the
> United States and elsewhere around the world,

not in this country there isn't.

> such as public libraries,
> book stores, coffee shops, even McDonalds.

How are Maccas on people just wandering in to use their free wifi without
purchasing anything? TANSTAAFL.

Gene S. Berkowitz

Aug 31, 2008, 11:51:47 PM8/31/08
In article <pan.2008.08.18....@woa.com.au>, newssixspam-
sp...@woa.com.au says...

I just returned from vacation in Maine.

Late one evening driving back to our lodgings, we noticed a young woman
sitting on the ground, with her MacBook on her lap. She was illuminated
by the light of her open car door.

The location was just outside the property of the only business for four
miles (a local inn) providing wifi...

--Gene