Gift Cards in Ads

Evelyn C. Leeper

Nov 15, 2007, 4:26:57 PM11/15/07
So far this season, we have received two gift cards as part of
advertisements: $10 at Kohl's and $5 at Ruby Tuesday. Given that
nothing at Kohl's is frugally priced ( :-) ), I think we did pretty
well, with an Oriental-style square serving dish and small bowl which
were on sale at 50% off. List price with tax would have been about
about $25; total cost to us was $1.58.

Not sure if this is a trend, but check those ads!

--
Evelyn C. Leeper
I believe I found the missing link between animal

Mark Leeper

Nov 17, 2007, 7:36:46 AM11/17/07

Evelyn C. Leeper wrote:

> Not sure if this is a trend, but check those ads!

They are easy to check. The cards are stiff and you can usually feel
them through the wrapping.

--Mark

Chloe

Nov 17, 2007, 9:42:14 AM11/17/07
"Evelyn C. Leeper" <ele...@optonline.net> wrote in message

> So far this season, we have received two gift cards as part of
> advertisements: $10 at Kohl's and $5 at Ruby Tuesday. Given that nothing
> at Kohl's is frugally priced ( :-) ), I think we did pretty well, with an
> Oriental-style square serving dish and small bowl which were on sale at
> 50% off. List price with tax would have been about about $25; total cost
> to us was $1.58.
>
> Not sure if this is a trend, but check those ads!

Thanks for the heads up. I don't much enjoy shopping at Kohl's because I
never see anything interesting there. However, the stores in my area have
some rock-bottom markdowns on women's clothing several times a year. If you
have a store charge (you don't have to actually use it unless you want to)
they're good about sending notifications of sales and frequently send a
percent-off offer.