Re: Cup Holder Adaptor For Nuvi 660?

Sharon

May 24, 2008, 10:53:54 PM5/24/08
On Wed, 14 May 2008 23:13:57 -0500, I'm Your Friend wrote:

> Pegleg <Peg...@usnavyret.mil> wrote in
>
>> Anyone know if there is a cup holder available to allow a Nuvi 660 to be
>> placed in the console cup holder instead of using a windshield suction
>> mount or dash bean bag?

In some states, it's illegal to mount a GPS on the windshield
http://www.gpsreview.net/windshield-gps-installations-illegal-in-some-states/

What I do, on a BMW, is flip out the antenna on the nuvi horizontal to the
road and stick it in the cockpit air conditioning and heater vents.

The cantilever design of the antenna works perfectly to mount the Garmin
nuvi 6xx series.

The other option is to shove the Garmin as far down on the dash as you can
to wedge it in at the windshield as shown here
http://www.conti.net/bmwcca/garmin.jpg

I've used both methods for about a year now (ever since the socket part of
my Garmin nuvi ball-and-socket joint cracked).

Now THAT's frugal living!

Sharon

Anthony Matonak

May 24, 2008, 11:13:08 PM5/24/08
Sharon wrote:
> On Wed, 14 May 2008 23:13:57 -0500, I'm Your Friend wrote:
>
>> Pegleg <Peg...@usnavyret.mil> wrote in
>>
>>> Anyone know if there is a cup holder available to allow a Nuvi 660 to be
>>> placed in the console cup holder instead of using a windshield suction
>>> mount or dash bean bag?
>
> In some states, it's illegal to mount a GPS on the windshield
> http://www.gpsreview.net/windshield-gps-installations-illegal-in-some-states/
>
> What I do, on a BMW, is flip out the antenna on the nuvi horizontal to the
> road and stick it in the cockpit air conditioning and heater vents.

There seem to be no end of cup-holder mounts out there for cells phones,
ipods and GPS A quick google product search found me this link.
http://www.mountguys.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MFX33-Nuvi660

Anthony