Oxygen #1 and 2?

Mr.SmartyPants

Jul 10, 2008, 5:46:25 PM7/10/08
what is the difference between "welding" oxygen and #2 for medical use?
a gas delivery guy told me there is no difference/ only the price.
--
If guns are out-lawed. Only the Out-laws & politicians will have guns.

Rod Speed

Jul 10, 2008, 6:05:02 PM7/10/08
Mr.SmartyPants <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote:

> what is the difference between "welding" oxygen and #2 for medical use?

The medical stuff doesnt have anything that will harm humans in it when breathed.

> a gas delivery guy told me there is no difference/ only the price.

He's a fool.

NoSpa...@lousyisp.gov

Jul 10, 2008, 8:24:17 PM7/10/08
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Mr.SmartyPants <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote:

>He's a fool.

No, he's correct. There are actually three types of oxygen: welding,
medical, and aviation. Back in the distant past the medical and
aviation oxygens were made in a manner that didn't allow contaminants
to flow into the final bottle but now they're all produced from the
same liquid oxygen, just decanted into the different containers and
charged at a different price. Go to a welding supply company that
fills the bottles (medical and welding) and they'll tell you (and if
cooperative, show you) that it all comes from the same liquid oxygen
tanks.

Of course the valves and even the threads on the bottles are
different.

Rod Speed

Jul 10, 2008, 9:10:19 PM7/10/08
NoSpa...@LousyISP.gov wrote

> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote
>> Mr.SmartyPants <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote

>>> what is the difference between "welding" oxygen and #2 for medical use?

>> The medical stuff doesnt have anything that will harm humans in it when breathed.

>>> a gas delivery guy told me there is no difference/ only the price.

>> He's a fool.

> No, he's correct.

Nope.

> There are actually three types of oxygen: welding, medical, and aviation.

Its stupid to claim that there is no difference between medical oxygen and welding oxygen except the price.

> Back in the distant past the medical and aviation oxygens were made in a manner
> that didn't allow contaminants to flow into the final bottle but now they're all
> produced from the same liquid oxygen, just decanted into the different containers

So even you admit that there is a difference even now.

> and charged at a different price. Go to a welding supply company that
> fills the bottles (medical and welding) and they'll tell you (and if cooperative,
> show you) that it all comes from the same liquid oxygen tanks.

Pity that there is more involved than just the source.

> Of course the valves and even the threads on the bottles are different.

And the containers are different too.

Gary Heston

Jul 10, 2008, 10:52:57 PM7/10/08
In article <georgewkspam-C7ED...@sn-ip.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>,

Mr.SmartyPants <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote:
>what is the difference between "welding" oxygen and #2 for medical use?
>a gas delivery guy told me there is no difference/ only the price.

Presumably, one is certified for human consumption, the other is not.

If you need medicinal oxygen on an ongoing basis, get one of the in-home
oxygen generators.

Gary

--
Gary Heston ghe...@hiwaay.net http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
"a member or members of Osama bin Ladens' Al Qaeda network, posing as

Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

Jul 11, 2008, 12:30:39 AM7/11/08
ghe...@hiwaay.net (Gary Heston) wrote in

> In article
> <georgewkspam-C7ED...@sn-ip.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>,
> Mr.SmartyPants <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote:
>>what is the difference between "welding" oxygen and #2 for medical use?
>>a gas delivery guy told me there is no difference/ only the price.
>
> Presumably, one is certified for human consumption, the other is not.
>
> If you need medicinal oxygen on an ongoing basis, get one of the in-home
> oxygen generators.
>

> Gary

The only advantage to a concentrator is that it might qualify you for a
discount on your electricity bill...The big disadvantage to a concentrator is
you are SOL when the electricity fails.

Liquid oxy is quiet and very pure, and if you have a portable, they are
refillable from the big tanks.