accidents, injuries rising at this Florida intersection

miste...@yahoo.com

Jan 7, 2008, 1:46:27 PM1/7/08
Some idiots believe that this post is "beating a dead horse". For
those of you who are new to this message board and believe that 43
serious injury accidents (and rising) should be a concern: read on-
:

> Any traffic engineer who renders red light INOPERABLE in a left turn
> signal- IS A DANGER TO PUBLIC SAFETY.

> The red light was put there by the manufacturer- FOR A REASON.

example:

43 serious injury accidents (and rising) at this Florida
intersection:

Location: Palmetto, Florida (near Tampa). State routes 41 and 301
combine for a left turn; 200yards west of the Walmart on 301, just
beyond the overpass.

(injury statistics were given to me over the phone by Ken Bass at the
FDOT)

A similar intersection in Michigan has had ZERO injury accidents in
the last ten years! (even though it has twice the traffic flow that
the Florida one)

Location: Grand Rapids, Mi; intersection of S.E. 28th street and
M-37.

Why the difference?

The left-turn signal at the Grand Rapids location is COMPLETE. It
has
an adequate duration green light, an adequate duration yellow light
(to allow the last car to complete the turn) and a RED light (or
blinking red light during low traffic hours)

The Palmetto, Florida left-turn signal is INCOMPLETE. There is no red
light after the yellow! When the yellow light goes off- a GREEN light
appears!

Both left turns are faced with oncomming traffic. Both have the SAME
make, model and 3 light configuration. The ONLT difference is that the
Florida signal has its red light- DISCONNECTED!

A red light always appears after a yellow light- except in Florida!

If you don't believe this- go look at the intersection in Florida.

The people responsible for installing and maintaining this
incomplete,
injury and death-dealing signal in Florida are:

Ken Bass
ph (863) 519-2495 (Bartow, Fl)

My suggestion: Call him and:
Politely YELL BLOODY MURDER!