Kitchen drawer organization / compartment ?s

1 view

pc

Nov 19, 2007, 3:03:01 PM11/19/07
Greetings group!

My kitchen is almost done. The fancy schmancy crown molding will have
to wait until after Thanksgiving. I am trying to move everything back
into the kitchen and organize it. Thus, my question...

Organizers for kitchen drawers are expensive and I haven't found any
that are perfect for me..expensive or not.

I have found spring loaded dividers that sort of fit the mark for me.
But, not really. They only take care of dividing in one direction.

Does anybody know of some sort of inexpensive system that I can fit
together to my liking? I'm not looking for a cutlery tray with a
bottom. My drawers already have a bottom. So, expandable trays seem
stupid to me.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

..PC

Anthony Matonak

Nov 19, 2007, 4:05:39 PM11/19/07
pc wrote:
> Organizers for kitchen drawers are expensive and I haven't found any
> that are perfect for me..expensive or not.

The only way you'll get one perfect for you is if you design
it yourself (or have someone design it to your specifications).

> Does anybody know of some sort of inexpensive system that I can fit
> together to my liking? I'm not looking for a cutlery tray with a
> bottom. My drawers already have a bottom. So, expandable trays seem
> stupid to me.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Do you know anyone who does woodworking as a hobby? None of the
commercial wood or bamboo drawer dividers/organizers are all that
sophisticated in design. I imagine anyone who works with wood
could make one to your specifications fairly easily.

You could always take two or three cheap drawer dividers and
cut them up into sections that you can arrange as you please.

Anthony

Message has been deleted

pc

Nov 21, 2007, 1:32:38 PM11/21/07

Thanks for the ideas Anthony.
I might just buckle down and make them myself after I finish my
punchlist for the kitchen in general.

..PC

pc

Nov 21, 2007, 1:37:21 PM11/21/07
Derald wrote:

> pc <p...@somewhere.com> wrote:
>
>> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
> USPS Priority Mail boxes; Ailene's Tacky Glue; cutting implement;
> perception. Cut and fit. Clothespins may help but Tacky Glue tacks
> pretty quickly; duh. With a little forethought, you may be able to use
> the boxes' glue strips. If you feel guilty about stealing the boxes, why
> just mail something. You'll more than reimburse for the boxes....

Derald..

This is close to what I am thinking to do/buy. Maybe with corrugated
plastic instead. I could even use those ubiquitous signs that people
plant at the intersections here.

Thanks for the ideas. I'm off to clean up the neighborhood! :-)

..PC