Re: Crowd cheers as Tancredo blasts illegal -- and legal -- immigration in U.S.

Ted

Sep 23, 2007, 2:05:06 PM9/23/07
On Sep 23, 5:25 am, greg3347 <theodor...@lycos.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > frontenac - Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., asserted Friday that his
> > anti-immigration message, which brought a crowd here to its feet, is
> > also dragging down his Republican bid for the White House.
>
> > Why? "Money," or rather, lack of it, replied Tancredo, as he mingled
> > with the audience of activists with Eagle Forum, a social conservative
> > group holding a national meeting this weekend at the Frontenac Hilton.
>
> > The major presidential fundraisers, regardless of party, "are taking
> > money from executives with corporations that have a very big stake in
> > this,'' Tancredo said. They oppose his candidacy, he said, because big
> > business favors "massive importation of very cheap labor." But the
> > Republican base does not, he added.
>
> > Tancredo drew supportive cheers during his speech when he declared,
> > "Cheap labor is cheap only to the employer. It costs the rest of us a
> > fortune."
>
> > Tancredo blamed illegal immigrants for rising crime - "90 percent of the
> > murder warrants in LA are for illegal immigrants" - as well as the
> > rising cost of health care and the economic decline in the housing market.
>
> > Tancredo contends that illegal, and legal, immigrants are harming the
> > nation because many of the newcomers "refuse to assimilate."
>
> > Even many legal immigrants fail to learn English or embrace American
> > culture, choosing instead to keep their old customs and religion, he
> > said. "The American melting pot is broken."
>
> > He asserted that such practices are destroying the cultural ties that
> > long bound Americans together. The crowd roared in agreement when
> > Tancredo shouted, "I'm tired of pressing '1' for English, and '2' for
> > Spanish!"
>
> > He also linked illegal immigration to the nation's fight against
> > terrorism and Islamic extremists. Tancredo asserted that some Iraqis
> > were paying $50,000 to be smuggled across U.S. borders.
>
> > They're avoiding coming through proper channels, he said, because they
> > seek "to do something dangerous."
>
> > Tancredeo acknowledged during in an interview after his speech that he's
> > stuck in the GOP's "second tier'' of presidential contenders. But he
> > believes that he has forced the Republican front-runners to be more
> > forceful against illegal immigration than they'd like.
>
> > Afterward, Eagle Forum president Phyllis Schlafly praised Tancredo's
> > bravery, while warning that social conservatives aren't happy with some
> > of his better-known Republican rivals.
>
> > Gazing around the ballroom, Schlafly said, "I don't think (New York
> > Mayor Rudy) Giuliani would get any votes here."
>
> >http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/missouristatenews/s...
> > --
> > Tom Tancredo for President in 2008
> > For a Secure Americahttp://www.teamtancredo.org/http://tancredo.house.gov/
>
> The often confused public thinks there is much differance between the
> GOP and the Dems.
> Tancredo has come forward with a plan for American citizens.

American Patriot

Sep 24, 2007, 5:20:18 PM9/24/07

Tancredo has the same chance as a snowball does in hell......

BTR1701

Sep 24, 2007, 6:46:31 PM9/24/07
In article <1190668818.0...@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
American Patriot <SincereQ...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2:05 pm, Ted <tedor...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Tancredo has the same chance as a snowball does in hell......

Doesn't mean he's wrong.

Sanders Kaufman

Sep 25, 2007, 9:03:42 AM9/25/07
"BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> American Patriot <SincereQ...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Tancredo has the same chance as a snowball does in hell......
>
> Doesn't mean he's wrong.

Yes it does.
In order to do the job, ideals are not enough.
You have to have an implementation plan.

Tancredo's implementation plan doesn't exist.
He's just a got a lot of slogans that sound good... in theory.

BobR

Sep 25, 2007, 10:03:42 AM9/25/07
On Sep 25, 8:03 am, "Sanders Kaufman" <bu...@kaufman.net> wrote:
> "BTR1701" <btr1...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> > American Patriot <SincereQuestio...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Tancredo has the same chance as a snowball does in hell......
>
> > Doesn't mean he's wrong.
>
> Yes it does.
> In order to do the job, ideals are not enough.
> You have to have an implementation plan.
>
> Tancredo's implementation plan doesn't exist.
> He's just a got a lot of slogans that sound good... in theory.

Sounds just like the entire DEMOCRATIC PARTY and all of its
leadership.

Bill Walker

Sep 25, 2007, 2:18:29 PM9/25/07

"BobR" <re...@r-a-reed-assoc.com> wrote in message

Have you sent your check to cover your share of all this enforcement
and deportation expense.. Or, does everyone else have to cover your
portion of those costs ?

I have to admit to being sadly disappointed in this crop of Democrat
leaders that are running our Party, though.. They are certainly not
doing the job they were elected to do, last year..

BTR1701

Sep 25, 2007, 2:33:59 PM9/25/07
In article <AQ7Ki.1107$hI7...@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net>,
"Sanders Kaufman" <bu...@kaufman.net> wrote:

> "BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > American Patriot <SincereQ...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Tancredo has the same chance as a snowball does in hell......
> >
> > Doesn't mean he's wrong.
>
> Yes it does.
> In order to do the job, ideals are not enough.

That doesn't make the ideals wrong, however.

> You have to have an implementation plan.
>
> Tancredo's implementation plan doesn't exist.

Sure he does. Read his book. There's all sorts of implementation in
there.

BTR1701

Sep 25, 2007, 2:37:33 PM9/25/07
In article <VhcKi.3758$Wo4.906@trnddc03>,
"Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote:

> "BobR" <re...@r-a-reed-assoc.com> wrote in message
> > On Sep 25, 8:03 am, "Sanders Kaufman" <bu...@kaufman.net> wrote:
> >> "BTR1701" <btr1...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> >> Yes it does.
> >> In order to do the job, ideals are not enough.
> >> You have to have an implementation plan.
> >>
> >> Tancredo's implementation plan doesn't exist.
> >> He's just a got a lot of slogans that sound good... in theory.
> >
> > Sounds just like the entire DEMOCRATIC PARTY and all of its
> > leadership.
>
> Have you sent your check to cover your share of all this
> enforcement and deportation expense.. Or, does everyone
> else have to cover your portion of those costs?

They can just take the money to pay for border enforcement (which is a
proper function of the federal government) from all the social welfare
programs (which, according to the Constitution, are not a proper
function of the federal government) and/or end that folly in Iraq and
use the billion dollars a day that's costing to fund it. If they did
either of those things, there'd be plenty of money with some left over.

BobR

Sep 25, 2007, 3:43:23 PM9/25/07

I get to see the effect of my contribution toward the EFFECT of all
the illegals every single month when I look at the charity write-offs
resulting from being forced to give free medical treatment to all the
illegals. I would much rather pay to get rid of them than continue to
pay to support them forever. Besides, the more of them we allow to
say...the more will come and demand the same.

American Patriot

Sep 25, 2007, 5:47:22 PM9/25/07
On Sep 25, 2:37 pm, BTR1701 <btr1...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> In article <VhcKi.3758$Wo4.906@trnddc03>,

Why should loyal, patriotic Americans pay for Mexico's problem.
Mexico should have to build the fences on THEIR side!

And, plus, this border fencing deal is just a big laugh anyway. Turns
out that only about 25% of the area first identified by the Bush
administration is truly going to be a physical fence. The rest is
going to be some kind of "detection" fence.

But what else can you expect from Republicans anyway? Bush made up
all that stuff about the WMDs in Iraq - because the CIA told him there
were none. Bushie just had to have his war, as all Republicans do,
and invented all kinds of bogus information so he could get some money
to his Uncle Dicky's Halliburton.

And don't forget about Ronald Reagan's Iran/Contra "thingy".

Bill Walker

Sep 25, 2007, 6:27:12 PM9/25/07

"BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Whups.. <evil grin> Those elected representatives that you helped elect
don't quite see it that way, do they ? Every dime that can be collected by
tax.. is going to be used for decades to come, just to pay the service on
the bills that are being incurred right now.. The additional liability for
the
enforcement of Immigration Laws that are being kicked around by the
asshats on this newsgroup would create additional taxation amounting to
tens of thousands of dollars for every taxpayer in our system..

Bill Walker

Sep 25, 2007, 6:29:48 PM9/25/07

"American Patriot" <SincereQ...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Whoops.. Dang, dude.. We're about to get on the same page.. You've
almost hit the nail right on the head.. Get rid of George Bush and that
crew of corruption that he's surrounded himself with, and most of all
these problems will take care of themselves.. Way to go..

Bill Walker

Sep 25, 2007, 6:32:19 PM9/25/07

"BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

The costs and the way it will be paid for.. is conspicuously missing
isn't it ? hmmm.. What will be the personal effect to your own tax
liability ? Whups.. that's different, isn't it ?

Patty Winter

Sep 25, 2007, 6:34:17 PM9/25/07
Take this out of the irrelevant groups, please.

BTR1701

Sep 25, 2007, 7:03:24 PM9/25/07
In article <4XfKi.2184$6K4.705@trnddc06>,
"Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote:

First, I didn't help elect the ones who don't see it that way.

The real failure here lies with the judiciary, which should long ago
have put the brakes on unconstitutional federal spending. Instead,
during the New Deal, they enabled it by essentially declaring that
everything under the sun affects interstate commerce, thereby giving
Congress virtually unlimited jurisdiction.

Notice how the politicians always focus on things like abortion during
Supreme Court confirmation hearings but they never, ever, ever ask about
how the candidate feels about the constitutional limits of Congressional
power. It's like Voldemort. It's that which shall not be spoken.

BTR1701

Sep 25, 2007, 7:12:59 PM9/25/07
In article <1190756842.8...@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
American Patriot <SincereQ...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hell, Mexico has the toughest and strictest immigration laws in the
Western Hemisphere. It's amazing how every time anyone in America tries
to either enforce our current law or pass tougher new laws, Mexico City
starts screeching "Racism!" like a whipped harridan. Why is it racist
for the USA to control its border but its not racist for Mexico to
control theirs?

And no one in the media ever holds anyone's feet to the fire over that
fact. Whenever the Mexican president is interviewed or Vicente Fox or
anyone on that side of the issue, those kinds of question never get
asked.

I once listened as Vicente Fox stood in Austin, Texas, on America soil,
and railed that the US government isn't doing enough to help his people.
Of course during the question-and-answer lovefest that followed, not one
person asked him why the hell *he* wasn't doing more to help his people.
They're HIS people. It was HIS job as president to help them. Not the
American taxpayer's. No one ever asks him (or the current president) why
the Mexican government has made such a stinking hellhole out of their
country through corruption and graft that the populace is fleeing it
like rats from a sinking ship. No, it's always racist America that just
isn't compassionate enough to foot the bill for them.

sautee...@yahoo.com

Sep 25, 2007, 7:18:00 PM9/25/07
On Sep 25, 7:03 pm, BTR1701 <btr1...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> In article <4XfKi.2184$6K4.705@trnddc06>,
> "Bill Walker" <bill.walk...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> > "BTR1701" <btr1...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > > In article <VhcKi.3758$Wo4.906@trnddc03>,

Enjoy the Republican party being out of power for at least the next 12
years BTR. Blame it on GWBush.

Sanders Kaufman

Sep 25, 2007, 7:31:59 PM9/25/07

> In article <4XfKi.2184$6K4.705@trnddc06>,
> "Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote:

>> Whups.. <evil grin> Those elected representatives that
>> you helped elect don't quite see it that way, do they?
>
> First, I didn't help elect the ones who don't see it that way.

It's such a delight to see you right-wingers deny your past this way.

Sanders Kaufman

Sep 25, 2007, 7:30:38 PM9/25/07
"BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> They can just take the money to pay for border enforcement (which is a
> proper function of the federal government) from all the social welfare
> programs (which, according to the Constitution, are not a proper
> function of the federal government)

You keep getting that wrong.
Fortunately, in the 200 years since, the legislature has never agreed with
you Johnny Rebs.
So you'll just have to submit to our authority.

Sanders Kaufman

Sep 25, 2007, 7:33:10 PM9/25/07

> I get to see the effect of my contribution toward the EFFECT of all
> the illegals every single month when I look at the charity write-offs
> resulting from being forced to give free medical treatment to all the
> illegals. I would much rather pay to get rid of them than continue to
> pay to support them forever. Besides, the more of them we allow to
> say...the more will come and demand the same.

Fortunately, it's not up to you White Separatists to decide who we let in,
and who we don't.

Sanders Kaufman

Sep 25, 2007, 7:33:57 PM9/25/07
"BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> Sure he does. Read his book. There's all sorts of implementation in
> there.

No - it's just a wish list of what he would want to do if someone were to
take him seriously.

BTR1701

Sep 25, 2007, 9:02:08 PM9/25/07
In article <kAhKi.1173$hI7...@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net>,
"Sanders Kaufman" <bu...@kaufman.net> wrote:

> "BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > In article <4XfKi.2184$6K4.705@trnddc06>,
> > "Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >> Whups.. <evil grin> Those elected representatives that
> >> you helped elect don't quite see it that way, do they?
> >
> > First, I didn't help elect the ones who don't see it that way.
>
> It's such a delight to see you right-wingers deny your past this way.

Wow. So you know when and for whom I voted? Interesting...

Just how do you come by that information?

BTR1701

Sep 25, 2007, 9:02:46 PM9/25/07
In article <1190762280....@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>,
sautee...@yahoo.com wrote:

Republican, Democrats, just two sides of the same tarnished coin.

BTR1701

Sep 25, 2007, 9:03:21 PM9/25/07
In article <wZfKi.2188$6K4.1343@trnddc06>,
"Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Get rid of George Bush and that crew of corruption that
> he's surrounded himself with, and most of all
> these problems will take care of themselves..

Talk about naive...

BTR1701

Sep 25, 2007, 9:11:39 PM9/25/07
In article <jAhKi.1172$hI7...@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net>,
"Sanders Kaufman" <bu...@kaufman.net> wrote:

> "BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>
> > They can just take the money to pay for border enforcement (which is a
> > proper function of the federal government) from all the social welfare
> > programs (which, according to the Constitution, are not a proper
> > function of the federal government)
>
> You keep getting that wrong.

How so? Quote me the Article and Section of the Constitution that
authorizes 90% of what Congress regulates and funds.

> Fortunately, in the 200 years since, the legislature
> has never agreed with you Johnny Rebs.

Of course not. They're in the midst of a half-century long
unconstitutional power-grab. Why would they suddenly agree with me? Of
course you're a little off on your timeline. Two hundred years ago, the
Congress actually followed the Constitution. It's only been in the 1900s
that they decided to ignore it every time it becomes inconvenient. It
always amuses me how the same folks who have a stroke over Bush's
expansion of Executive power and scream for his impeachment because he's
not following the Constitution have no problem at all with the
Legislative branch doing the same damn thing.

I also find it amusing that in addition to magically knowing when and
for whom I vote, you've now declared me to be a secessionist.

If your psychic powers were at all accurate, you might be able to make
some money with them. Oh wait...

> So you'll just have to submit to our authority.

No, we can always get rid of you. You know, at the voting booth. Oh, but
you already know who I'm gonna vote for, I forgot.

BobR

Sep 25, 2007, 10:11:33 PM9/25/07

Nor is it up to you Black Wanna-be whiners.

Pudentame

Sep 25, 2007, 9:50:50 PM9/25/07

Yeah, there are other reasons for that.

Pudentame

Sep 25, 2007, 9:51:50 PM9/25/07
Bill Walker wrote:

> Have you sent your check to cover your share of all this enforcement
> and deportation expense.. Or, does everyone else have to cover your
> portion of those costs ?

Why should we have to pay your deportation expenses?

Bill Walker

Sep 26, 2007, 6:48:40 AM9/26/07

"BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

LMAO.. Don't need to "come by that information".. Bushwhores like
you are trying to jump the George Bush ship, by the numbers.. First
manuever is to try and work both sides of the street by denying ever
supporting and voting for the corrupt son of a bitch..

Bill Walker

Sep 26, 2007, 6:52:08 AM9/26/07

"Pudentame" <no....@no.were.invalid> wrote in message

LOL.. If you want it so much.. pay for it and get to it.. Deport me..

BTR1701

Sep 26, 2007, 2:36:33 PM9/26/07
In article <cOqKi.8958$Nn4.3968@trnddc02>,
"Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote:

> "BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > In article <kAhKi.1173$hI7...@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net>,
> > "Sanders Kaufman" <bu...@kaufman.net> wrote:
> >
> >> "BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> >> It's such a delight to see you right-wingers deny
> >> your past this way.
> >
> > Wow. So you know when and for whom I voted? Interesting...
> >
> > Just how do you come by that information?
>
> LMAO.. Don't need to "come by that information"..

Of course you don't. People like you never do. Actual facts are
irrelevant to you.

Like the fact that it's not only Bush who "doesn't quite see it that
way" when it comes to illegal immigration. Everyone from Ted Kennedy to
Nancy Pelosi to George Bush is singing the same tune and it's not the
song the American people want to hear.

> Bushwhores like you are trying to jump the George Bush
> ship, by the numbers.

Riiight... because you know I voted for Bush. Oh wait...

So you're 0 for 3 now. Don't know to stop while you're only slightly
behind, I see.

> First manuever is to try and work both sides of the
> street by denying ever supporting and voting for the
> corrupt son of a bitch.

I'll give you credit for coming up with a clever little bit here. It's
rather convenient how it doesn't require a shred of proof on your part.
Just unabashed and unsupported accusation. All you have to do is claim
someone is a Bush supporter and if they deny it, it doesn't matter
whether they're telling the truth or not. All you have to say is,
"you're just jumping ship, working both sides of the street".

Neat trick if you can find someone stupid enough to fall for it.

Bill Walker

Sep 26, 2007, 3:54:20 PM9/26/07

"BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

I expect anyone reading your posts has already come to the same
conclusion.. <grin>

BTR1701

Sep 26, 2007, 4:59:47 PM9/26/07
In article <MNyKi.3181$9r4.148@trnddc04>,
"Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote:

I'm sure they have. Not that anyone really needs me to explain your
nonsense to them in order to reach the same conclusion I did. Your
dishonesty is blindingly obvious.

Bill Walker

Sep 27, 2007, 6:19:56 AM9/27/07

"BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

hmmm.. I'm getting the idea that you MAY be one of the "independent"
voters (if you vote) who supports some alternative candidate.. LOL.. Is
that your claim to fame, that you are not a "Bushwhore" ?

BTR1701

Sep 27, 2007, 5:10:09 PM9/27/07
In article <gtLKi.8018$f%1.642@trnddc01>,
"Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote:

Huh? I have no "claim to fame" at all. I neither need nor want to be
famous. Perhaps we've just gotten a glimpse into the roots of your
pathology...

Bill Walker

Sep 27, 2007, 8:29:15 PM9/27/07

"BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

No kidding? You spend a couple of days on here, making some kind
of lameassed defense of George Bush.. then, when someone calls you
what you really are.. you jump back and deny being a Bush supporter..

One of two conclusions.. either you don't vote or you supported one of
the alternative candidates.. Which was it ? Either way.. you are still a
Bushwhore..

BTR1701

Sep 27, 2007, 8:43:43 PM9/27/07
In article <vVXKi.1171$6h.505@trnddc06>,
"Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote:

Please quote me back any instance where I've defended Bush, lameass or
otherwise, in the last few days or ever.

Betcha can't.

> Either way.. you are still a Bushwhore..

Well, so are you. Pot, kettle, etc.

Bill Walker

Sep 28, 2007, 1:46:07 PM9/28/07

"BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

ROTFLMAO.. but... but... <sputter.. sputter> LOL..

Thanatos

Sep 28, 2007, 10:41:18 PM9/28/07
In article <z5bLi.20$Ww5.5@trnddc03>,
"Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote:

So ya got nothing, huh? Figures.

I'll give you this, you certainly lie with gusto and don't seem to care
how transparent your lies are. I guess if you're gonna lie, lie big.

Bill Walker

Sep 28, 2007, 11:32:13 PM9/28/07

"Thanatos" <tn...@mac.com> wrote in message

LOL... Don't need to lie, Bushwhore.. I just tell the truth about all you
sorry mother fuckers and watch all of you squirm and sling snot..

William December Starr

Sep 28, 2007, 11:49:11 PM9/28/07
"Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> said:

> I have to admit to being sadly disappointed in this crop of
> Democrat leaders that are running our Party, though.. They are
> certainly not doing the job they were elected to do, last year..

To a large extent they can't. These days you need _sixty_ votes in
the Senate to accomplish anything, not just fifty-one. And that's
just to _pass_ legislation -- if there's a veto then of course it
takes 2/3 of each house to override it.

--
William December Starr <wds...@panix.com>

BTR1701

Sep 29, 2007, 12:15:47 AM9/29/07
In article <1HjLi.109$n92.24@trnddc06>,
"Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote:

Yeah, whatever gets you through the night, chief.

Bill Walker

Sep 29, 2007, 12:31:38 AM9/29/07

"William December Starr" <wds...@panix.com> wrote in message

Leadership.. that's the clue.. When we've got genuine leadership
instead of a bunch of apologists, we'll see some movement rather
than hearing all the excuses coming out of Washington..

When Pelosi publicly took impeachment off the table .. that was
the first clue that Americans had been bamboozled, again..

BTR1701

Sep 29, 2007, 9:00:09 AM9/29/07
In article <KykLi.884$6Y5.271@trnddc07>,
"Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote:

LOL! You Bushwhore...

tomcervo

Sep 29, 2007, 9:51:47 AM9/29/07
On Sep 25, 9:02?pm, BTR1701 <btr1...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Republican, Democrats, just two sides of the same tarnished coin.

Libertarian?
Tell me, do you do that with one hand or two?

Bill Walker

Sep 29, 2007, 10:30:13 AM9/29/07

"BTR1701" <btr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

You must be very new around here.. <chuckle>

Thanatos

Sep 29, 2007, 2:24:22 PM9/29/07
In article <1191073907.4...@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
tomcervo <tomc...@aol.com> wrote:

Ah, so if one doesn't choose to align themselves with either of
big-money corrupt-a-thon political parties, they should be insulted and
denigrated?

Interesting...

Sanders Kaufman

Sep 29, 2007, 2:45:54 PM9/29/07
"Thanatos" <tn...@imac.com> wrote in message

> Ah, so if one doesn't choose to align themselves with either of
> big-money corrupt-a-thon political parties, they should be insulted and
> denigrated?

It's interesting to see Libertarians - who overwhelmingly voted FOR Bush -
to now claim that they are not aligned with any party.

The problem is not that you Libertarians don't align with the two parties.
It's more that you don't align with any principles, either.
The only thing the Libertarians uniformly believe is that the US government
is something to be hated, feared, and fought against.

If y'all actually stood FOR something, you could probably whip both parties
in every race.

Thanatos

Sep 29, 2007, 3:49:44 PM9/29/07
In article <C3xLi.37521$RX.1...@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net>,
"Sanders Kaufman" <bu...@kaufman.net> wrote:

> "Thanatos" <tn...@imac.com> wrote in message
>
> > Ah, so if one doesn't choose to align themselves with
> > either of big-money corrupt-a-thon political parties,
> > they should be insulted and denigrated?

> It's interesting to see Libertarians - who overwhelmingly
> voted FOR Bush - to now claim that they are not aligned
> with any party.

I never claimed to be a Libertarian. Nor did I vote for Bush. I'm merely
disdainful of the idea that there's any real difference between the two
political parties. They both operate on one overriding principle: the
acquisition of power and the $$$ it takes to do it.

> The problem is not that you Libertarians don't align
> with the two parties.

"You" Libertarians? Where did I ever claim to be such?

Bill Walker

Sep 29, 2007, 4:36:27 PM9/29/07

"Sanders Kaufman" <bu...@kaufman.net> wrote in message

There you go.. making another "libel".. Jeez, Kaufman.. you are
incorrigible..

Bill Walker

Sep 29, 2007, 4:38:12 PM9/29/07

"Thanatos" <atr...@mac.com> wrote in message

tsk.. tsk.. I apologize for Kaufman.. <sigh> I've been talking to him
about making a "libel" against all you Bushwores.. He just won't
listen..

Thanatos

Sep 29, 2007, 5:45:43 PM9/29/07
In article <UIyLi.661$P06.18@trnddc05>,
"Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote:

Yeah, he's a real jerk to you Bushwhores. He oughta stop that.

Sanders Kaufman

Sep 30, 2007, 8:45:39 AM9/30/07
"Thanatos" <atr...@mac.com> wrote in message
> "Sanders Kaufman" <bu...@kaufman.net> wrote:

>> The problem is not that you Libertarians don't align
>> with the two parties.
>
> "You" Libertarians? Where did I ever claim to be such?

You didn't.
You just expressed solidarity with their values.

That's what I'm talking about - about you Libertarians not standing FOR
anything.
You share their values, their agenda, and even repeat their slogans.
But you just can't bring yourself to claim to be one of them.
... because, like them, you don't really stand FOR anything.