Are you in good hands?

donquijote1954

Jul 24, 2007, 11:54:49 AM7/24/07
I don't think so. Let's see...

Accident Forgiveness
After an accident, insurance rates can rise by up to 40%. But with
this feature, your rates won't go up just because of an accident, even
if it is your fault...

Says Allstate. And who pays for it? The ones that have had no
accidents at all. We all do. Insurance costs an arm and a leg because
of the high rate of accidents and because the guilty parties don't pay
for it.

And the SUVs who put others at a much higher risk? They don't pay
their share either.

In Germany those factors result in higher rates. But not here. I don't
think we are in good hands.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
(consumer beware of the hungry lion)
http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Jul 24, 2007, 11:59:56 AM7/24/07

"donquijote1954" <nolionn...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>I don't think so. Let's see...

snip

> And the SUVs who put others at a much higher risk? They don't pay
> their share either.

the type of car you drive does factor in. as does your credit score
and some sort of an insurance score based upon claims.

Al Bundy

Jul 24, 2007, 4:53:49 PM7/24/07

donquijote1954 wrote:
> I don't think so. Let's see...
>
> Accident Forgiveness
> After an accident, insurance rates can rise by up to 40%. But with
> this feature, your rates won't go up just because of an accident, even
> if it is your fault...
>
> Says Allstate. And who pays for it? The ones that have had no
> accidents at all. We all do. Insurance costs an arm and a leg because
> of the high rate of accidents and because the guilty parties don't pay
> for it.
>
> And the SUVs who put others at a much higher risk? They don't pay
> their share either.
>
> In Germany those factors result in higher rates. But not here. I don't
> think we are in good hands.

They don't make you buy their insurance, but then you were only
looking for a reason to post your link anyway.

donquijote1954

Jul 25, 2007, 10:18:25 AM7/25/07
> looking for a reason to post your link anyway.-

You pay for it all. When you own a frugal, relatively harmless car,
you pay more than your should if SUVs paid their share and if accident
prone people in particular and accident rates in general were brought
into check.

I cite a couple of sources...

Book "High and Mighty"... 'Among his revelations is that insurance for
the (SUV) vehicles is subsidized by everyone else's premiums.'
(http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?isbn=1586482033)

"Premiums correlate directly to the accident rate. Therefore the most
effective way to reduce Massachusetts automobile insurance premiums is
to focus on reducing the state's alarmingly high rate of accidents,
which is the primary cost driver of our system."

And yes, you do pay too for those accident prone soccer moms yapping
away on their phone, which is why they propose to...

"Prohibiting the use of cell phones while driving"

(http://www.masspirg.org/news-releases/auto-insurance/auto-insurance-
news/consumer-advocates-urge-legislative-committee-to-lower-auto-rates-
by-reducing-highest-in-the-nation-accident-
rate#0PK5axRyJHAxpMqUyCkNxg)