free search engine?

J. Davidson

Oct 17, 2007, 5:49:39 PM10/17/07
Are there any search engines which are free anymore?
Jackie

George Grapman

Oct 17, 2007, 5:53:45 PM10/17/07
J. Davidson wrote:
> Are there any search engines which are free anymore?
> Jackie

I never knew of any that were not free.

J. Davidson

Oct 17, 2007, 7:45:54 PM10/17/07

George Grapman <sfge...@paccbell.net> wrote in message

The ones I am using lately may give some information such as name and state
but you have to pay for the phone number and the rest of the address.
Jackie

Logan Shaw

Oct 17, 2007, 9:45:32 PM10/17/07
J. Davidson wrote:
> George Grapman <sfge...@paccbell.net> wrote in message
>> J. Davidson wrote:

>>> Are there any search engines which are free anymore?

>> I never knew of any that were not free.

> The ones I am using lately may give some information such as name and state
> but you have to pay for the phone number and the rest of the address.

Apparently you have a specific type of search engine in mind but are
being coy about what exactly you want.

You could try specifying what sort of information you plan to supply to
the search engine and what sort of information you're hoping to get back.

- Logan

scrapq...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2007, 3:21:30 AM10/18/07
On Oct 17, 5:49 pm, "J. Davidson" <fredjacquel...@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

> Are there any search engines which are free anymore?
> Jackie

Google and Yahoo are free. Ask.com is free, etc. etc. etc. Which
ones AREN'T free?

J. Davidson

Oct 18, 2007, 3:23:45 PM10/18/07

pep...@prodigy.net <scrapq...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I was looking for a person, and using zabasearch.com. If I remember right
there is a cost to it, to find out more than name. I will try the others,
thanks.
Jackie

Logan Shaw

Oct 18, 2007, 8:55:04 PM10/18/07
J. Davidson wrote:
> pep...@prodigy.net <scrapq...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Oct 17, 5:49 pm, "J. Davidson" <fredjacquel...@bellsouth.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Are there any search engines which are free anymore?

>> Google and Yahoo are free. Ask.com is free, etc. etc. etc. Which
>> ones AREN'T free?

> I was looking for a person, and using zabasearch.com. If I remember right
> there is a cost to it, to find out more than name.

I went to zabasearch.com and it wants you to enter a name, so "find out more
than name" doesn't make that much sense to me. How do you find out the name
if that's what you're starting with?

At any rate, I'm going to guess what you're trying to do is start with a
person's name and find contact information (phone number or street address)
for that person. If that's what you're trying to do, you could try
http://www.anywho.com/ . They also have an option to let you put in a
phone number and find the name and street address of the person (or
business).

- Logan

J. Davidson

Oct 19, 2007, 5:50:31 PM10/19/07
Thank you. Anywho looks like a very promising search engine.
Jackie
Logan Shaw <lshaw-...@austin.rr.com> wrote in message