EBAY's POLICY on SPAMMING NewsGroups...

gi...@realtyagent.com

Oct 14, 2007, 5:17:14 AM10/14/07
Subject: PC38255 Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Support.
(KMM269836469V20010L0KM)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:14:09 -0700

Dear Gino C.,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to eBays policies regarding your
advertising methods.

Thanks for taking the time to contact me regarding your concerns Gino,
would be happy to explain eBays stance in regards to advertising your
items for sale, outside of the eBay system.

As far as advertising goes Gino, eBay encourages you to advertise the
items you have for sale outside of the eBay system. As a general rule
of
thumb, I would always encourage you to be aware of, and act within the
rules and regulations of any outside services when doing so. However,
eBay would not take action against your account for advertising, or
providing links to your items for sale outside of the eBay system. We
encourage you to advertise your auctions, which can help to encourage
new buyers to view and bid on your auctions. This means that if eBay
were to receive a report that you were advertising your items for sale
on a newsgroup, or message forum, we would not take any action against
your account.

Please keep in mind that eBay does have policies in regards to how you
can advertise your items on our site however, and you are not
permitted
to send unsolicited emails or messages to other eBay members using our
system to advertise your products. Please ensure when you are trying
find new buyers, that you are always acting within the guidelines and
rules of eBay.

You may want to review the following link, which will help you to make
sure that no violations of eBay policy are committed:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html

I hope my email has helped to provide clarification in regards to this
issue! Please be assured that I am dedicated to making sure your eBay
sales go smoothly, and should you have any additional questions or
concerns, please do not hesitate to reply to this email.

I understand your frustration regarding this matter and apologize for
the inconvenience it caused you.

Sincerely,
Mikell

eBay Customer Support