Eureka Environ Steamer?

Mike

Dec 19, 2007, 10:02:34 PM12/19/07
Does this device still exist? If so, where can I find it?
I have mostly hard floors in my house (ceramic tiles) and
am replacing the carpet as I can.

Mike

Rick

Dec 20, 2007, 2:49:16 PM12/20/07
Mike wrote:

> Does this device still exist? If so, where can I find it?
> I have mostly hard floors in my house (ceramic tiles) and
> am replacing the carpet as I can.
>
> Mike

Nope - long gone. Actually it's the Enviro - not Environ - Steamer if
you are doing searches for it. Eureka just makes more conventional
extraction machines now:

http://www.eureka.com/products/extractor.htm

My .02 on steamers is they keep coming and going in the market place
because they are such a pain to use: Fill it up, wait for it to get to
temperature, use it - OOPS! out of steam, wait for it to cool down, fill
it (again), wait for it to heat up (again), OOPS! out of steam
(again...)

You waste more time on the fill, wait for temp, wait for cool, fill,
wait for temp again stages than you do actually cleaning anything. Shark
is running their latest infomercial for their latest reinvention of the
same thing. Sure it looks all whizz-bang on TeeVee. But in practical use
these things waste a huge amount of time. You notice how they completely
skip over the filling and waiting matter and the length of actual run
time for a fill in the TeeVee infomercials? There's a reason for that...
AIRC the Scuncii brand one we tried a few years back produced about 10
minutes of steam for every 25 minutes of diddling with it. The Eureka
had a larger tank - but you still face the same issues.

At least with the extractors in the current Eureka line they can be
refilled immediately and put back into use immediately - saving a pile
of time in the process. Can be used on bare floors - not just carpets.

Rick