Predictive text better than keyboard?

m...@privacy.net

Oct 23, 2007, 4:50:11 PM10/23/07
I'm in market for a smart phone soon.

Many of the smart phones that get decent ratings do not
have a full qwerty thumb-keyboard like the Treo does.

If a person gets such a smartphone that does NOT have a
keyboard....can you use predictive text option to make
typing sms and emails pretty fast and efficient?

In other words.... just how good is that predictive
text option? And must it be "trained"?

Rod Speed

Oct 23, 2007, 6:01:02 PM10/23/07
m...@privacy.net wrote:

Really depends on what words you use.

> And must it be "trained"?

Nope.

Seerialmom

Oct 23, 2007, 7:38:01 PM10/23/07

it works pretty well on my Motorola cell phone when I'm entering in
new contacts; from what I call tell it uses the most commonly paired
letters. But I suspect it could get annoying like the spellchecker in
Word.