Ice maker and Murphy's law

Ron Peterson

Aug 9, 2008, 9:51:03 PM8/9/08
My S-I-L had her ice maker line break while out of town and the damage
to the house is extensive. Her estimated cost after insurance will be
about a $2400 deductible.

The repair crew mentioned that 75% of their water damage repairs are
for ice maker malfunctions.

--
Ron

terryc

Aug 9, 2008, 11:41:19 PM8/9/08

how long had it been in use?
Did it just come adrift or split?
Our in-line water filter company sold an upgrade with the view that these
plastic lines tend to split after 10years. (Right, it was really to lock
us into filters only obtainable through them).

BTW, why don't people turn the water off to these things when they go away
on holidays?

Our holiday list includes
water to the washing machine,
water to the under bench water filter
and electricty to the hot water heater.

Marsha

Aug 9, 2008, 11:53:49 PM8/9/08
terryc wrote:
> and electricty to the hot water heater.

"hot water heater" If the water is hot, it doesn't need heated.

Marsha/Ohio

hchi...@hotmail.com

Aug 10, 2008, 1:17:54 AM8/10/08

Ice cube trays aren't that hard to fill. We never hooked up the
icemaker in our new refrigerator. Don't need it. YMMV.

George Grapman

Aug 10, 2008, 12:18:42 AM8/10/08

The corollary to Murphy's Law: "Murphy was an optimist".

Gary Heston

Aug 10, 2008, 9:15:52 AM8/10/08

It does if you need hotter water, as is the case with many dishwashers.

Gary

--
Gary Heston ghe...@hiwaay.net http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

Why is it that these days, the words "What idiot" are so frequently
followed by the words "at Microsoft"?