take shower with less than 5 gallons of water

Fish

Oct 28, 2007, 2:36:51 PM10/28/07

It works for me -- might work for others.

It is important the bathroom temp is not cold, because people tends to
warm their body longer with hot water. Since I take shower daily, I
don't need soap, just shampoo such as the one in Costco (Kirkland
hydrating shampoo)

Wet your whole body, turn off water and clean the mid section first
(the genital area)

Rinse clean with water, turn off water.

Start with the hair with shampoo, then face and work down the whole
body

Rinse with water again, then rinse the bath tub.

Total time: less then 5 minutes, water used: 3-5 gallons

--

I find out if I use soap, I use more more water because I need to
clean the soap out of my body, shampoo is gentle and very easy to wipe

Anthony Matonak

Oct 28, 2007, 4:51:42 PM10/28/07
Fish wrote:
> It works for me -- might work for others.

That's something each person must decide for themselves, with a little
help from anyone downwind. :)

> It is important the bathroom temp is not cold, because people tends to
> warm their body longer with hot water. Since I take shower daily, I
> don't need soap, just shampoo such as the one in Costco (Kirkland
> hydrating shampoo)

It also helps if you don't do physical labor, work or play outside and
live in a cold climate. Some place where it rains a lot is ideal. I've
also found that if you don't use hot water at all, you'll take a much
faster shower. It'll also get your heart racing and wake you up in the
morning. Screaming is optional but highly satisfying.

> Wet your whole body, turn off water and clean the mid section first

> Rinse clean with water, turn off water.
> Start with the hair with shampoo, then face and work down the whole
> body
> Rinse with water again, then rinse the bath tub.
> Total time: less then 5 minutes, water used: 3-5 gallons

Just a note, hair and hard water will slow you down and make you use
more water. The less hair you have, the faster you can wash. It's also
faster if you use a hand-held sprayer with an on-off button and have
really high water pressure.

I've found the more minerals in the water, the more water it takes to
feel clean. I once had to use distilled water in an emergency to wash
and I never felt cleaner in my life.

If you do have very hard water, detergents will wash a little better
than soaps because soap combines chemically with the minerals in the
water. There are detergent bars you can buy that look like soap bars
so you don't have to use shampoo if you don't want to.

Then again, why bother?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_resources
Water use: 84% agricultural and industrial, 15% household (including
landscape irrigation).

You'll save more water by switching to native ground cover and getting
the local farmers to irrigate less than by showering faster.

Anthony