N.Cal. Gas at $4.46 a Gal. & What I did.

7derek

Jun 8, 2008, 8:36:11 PM6/8/08
I have a service business and drive a lot. In the last few months some
of my monthly accounts have canceled as people began to cut back. Most
people are on a fixed income and can not ask for a raise every month
to stay up with our outrages inflation. Seems the first to go are the
home service people.

A few months ago I saw this coming as some of my trade related friends
where beginning to lose a few accounts here and there. A friend had
asked me if I was interested in looking at a private, by invitation
only investment club that had low money investments for short term
returns. Low investment sounded good to me and without any previous
investment experience I had little to lose. I did not lose, I am
gaining, more than enough to compensate for my canceled accounts.

The point I am making is during these extraordinary times we may have
to take extraordinary action if we want to maintain any semblance of
the lifestyle we all came to know and love. Who knows, some people may
need to get a part time job, some may start an internet business and
others will do what they can to survive.

Things in my opinion will never again be as we knew them. A year ago I
would have never believed I would be investing a few hundred dollars
here and there to make ends meet - I wonder how many other people out
there are doing novel things to raise money.

Frugal-living and surviving - Derek