SILICONE GASKET for FAGOR pressure cooker

nucleus

Feb 28, 2007, 6:28:16 PM2/28/07
does anyone here have any experience with longevity of the Fagor
SILICONE GASKET for pressure cookers, as compared to the
PLAIN RUBBER GASKET?

we now need our third gasket for our Fagor pressure cooker. seems
like Fagor has a bad design of their pressure cooker or a bad
design/selection of rubber material for their gasket. we have tried
all of the tricks for sealing the gasket, from oil to vaseline, with
vaseline
being the best suggestion.

we suspect that Fagor's requirement that the gasket be replaced every
12 months, is a ploy to keep draining the consumer's purse.

the plain gasket was NEVER a problem with the old MIRRO pressure
cooker.

COMMENTS ???

Dave Bugg

Feb 28, 2007, 6:40:37 PM2/28/07
nucleus wrote:

> we now need our third gasket for our Fagor pressure cooker. seems
> like Fagor has a bad design of their pressure cooker or a bad
> design/selection of rubber material for their gasket. we have tried
> all of the tricks for sealing the gasket, from oil to vaseline, with
> vaseline
> being the best suggestion.

Petroleum products like vaseline cause the rapid deterioration of rubber and
rubber-latex products. Silicone "rubber" may not be so affected.

> we suspect that Fagor's requirement that the gasket be replaced every
> 12 months, is a ploy to keep draining the consumer's purse.

Or maybe a way of avoiding problems?

> the plain gasket was NEVER a problem with the old MIRRO pressure
> cooker.

Did you use vaseline on it?

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Rod Speed

Feb 28, 2007, 7:12:17 PM2/28/07
nucleus <rose1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> does anyone here have any experience with longevity
> of the Fagor SILICONE GASKET for pressure cookers,
> as compared to the PLAIN RUBBER GASKET?

> we now need our third gasket for our Fagor pressure cooker.
> seems like Fagor has a bad design of their pressure cooker
> or a bad design/selection of rubber material for their gasket.
> we have tried all of the tricks for sealing the gasket, from oil
> to vaseline, with vaseline being the best suggestion.

Neither are good for the life of it.

> we suspect that Fagor's requirement that the gasket be replaced
> every 12 months, is a ploy to keep draining the consumer's purse.

Mindless conspiracy theory.

> the plain gasket was NEVER a problem with the old MIRRO pressure cooker.

> COMMENTS ???

BUY ANOTHER MIRRO, STUPID.

Adam

Jul 6, 2007, 1:50:44 PM7/6/07
On 28 Feb 2007 15:28:16 -0800, "nucleus" <rose1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>does anyone here have any experience with longevity of the Fagor
>SILICONE GASKET for pressure cookers, as compared to the
>PLAIN RUBBER GASKET?

I still use my original gasket. The Fagor is four years old and I use
it minimum of twice a week.

>we now need our third gasket for our Fagor pressure cooker. seems
>like Fagor has a bad design of their pressure cooker or a bad
>design/selection of rubber material for their gasket. we have tried
>all of the tricks for sealing the gasket, from oil to vaseline, with
>vaseline
>being the best suggestion.

As has been said - those products have deterioated your gasket
quicker.

>we suspect that Fagor's requirement that the gasket be replaced every
>12 months, is a ploy to keep draining the consumer's purse.

As I said, four years and counting no problem here.

Lee...@optonline.net

Jul 7, 2007, 7:37:41 AM7/7/07
padam...@bellsouth.net (Adam) wrote:

>I still use my original gasket. The Fagor is four years old and I use
>it minimum of twice a week.

I've had my Fagor pressure fryer for over 10 years and am still using
the original gasket.

I had to order a replacement pressure relief valve last year (old one
lost) so I also bought a spare gasket to have on hand. It sits lonely
and unloved down in my workshop while awaiting some future call to
service.

LeeBat