Headlight Flash Warning

Mick

Feb 13, 2007, 6:48:38 AM2/13/07
I don't know the validity of this warning but thought I'd pass it along to
everyone.

Paul

Feb 13, 2007, 7:03:05 AM2/13/07
"Mick" <a...@d.org> wrote in

> I don't know the validity of this warning but thought I'd pass
> it along to everyone.

(Removed >> for better reading)

Joe

Feb 13, 2007, 7:09:48 AM2/13/07
All fake. Flash away.

Always check www.snopes.com before posting stuff like this.

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"
http://yunx.com/valk.htm

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/5apkg

"Mick" <a...@d.org> wrote in message
> [...]

Paul_E_Wog

Feb 13, 2007, 7:15:34 AM2/13/07

C. Massey

Feb 13, 2007, 7:25:27 AM2/13/07

"Joe" <faked-b...@yunx.com> wrote in message
> All fake. Flash away.

<snip>

And this thing must be 6 or 7 years old too! Local radio station in town was
warning everyone about it.

Mick

Feb 13, 2007, 7:35:23 AM2/13/07
Thanks for setting me straight. It's a scary thing if it were true.

"Paul_E_Wog" <nos...@invalid.email> wrote in message
> http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/lightsout.asp

barbie gee

Feb 13, 2007, 8:33:53 AM2/13/07

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Mick wrote:

> I don't know the validity of this warning but thought I'd pass it along to
> everyone.

Hasn't this "warning" been circulating the internet since about 1990?

sheeze.

Greg

Feb 13, 2007, 8:55:10 AM2/13/07

That's the nature of the Internet. Nothing ever dies. It is the
world's biggest crap recircluator.

Greg

Lee K

Feb 13, 2007, 9:17:56 AM2/13/07

"Greg" <kisme...@mypacks.net> wrote in message

> That's the nature of the Internet. Nothing ever dies. It is the
> world's biggest crap recircluator.

And here I thought that was Washington, D.C., in any year on record.

Seerialmom

Feb 13, 2007, 11:46:26 AM2/13/07

Sure sounds "urban legendish" which means I'll be heading over to
snopes.com to investigate.

Seerialmom

Feb 13, 2007, 11:48:38 AM2/13/07
On Feb 13, 3:48 am, "Mick" <a...@d.org> wrote:
> [...]

Ok...that wasn't hard to burst at all:

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/lightsout.asp

Seerialmom

Feb 13, 2007, 11:50:20 AM2/13/07
On Feb 13, 4:15 am, Paul_E_Wog <nos...@invalid.email> wrote:
> http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/lightsout.asp

Looks like great men (and women) think alike.

Gordon

Feb 14, 2007, 2:58:50 PM2/14/07
Greg <kisme...@mypacks.net> wrote in

Maybe not. I havn't seen the Mrs Fields Cookies, or the Kid who
is collecting get well cards stories recently. Maybe these things do
die after all.

bear...@cruller.invalid

Feb 14, 2007, 6:42:13 PM2/14/07
In article <Xns98D779E01CC7...@194.177.96.26>,
Gordon <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote:

> I havn't seen the Mrs Fields Cookies, or the Kid who
> is collecting get well cards stories recently. Maybe these things do
> die after all.

Stick around. Someone whom I would be embarrassed to name just sent me
the "I Love You" alert.

The Real Bev

Feb 14, 2007, 11:01:37 PM2/14/07
Gordon wrote:

> Greg <kisme...@mypacks.net> wrote:
>> That's the nature of the Internet. Nothing ever dies. It is the
>> world's biggest crap recircluator.
>

> Maybe not. I havn't seen the Mrs Fields Cookies, or the Kid who
> is collecting get well cards stories recently. Maybe these things do
> die after all.

The kid grew up, moved to Nigeria, changed his name, married a Nigerian
woman, acquired a lot of cash from questionable sources and then died. His
widow is willing to share if you will help her get the money out of the
country. If you don't believe me, check your email.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I don't care who your father is! Drop that cross

Gordon

Feb 17, 2007, 2:14:29 AM2/17/07
The Real Bev <bashley1...@gmail.com> wrote in

> Gordon wrote:
>
>> Greg <kisme...@mypacks.net> wrote:
>>> That's the nature of the Internet. Nothing ever dies. It is the
>>> world's biggest crap recircluator.
>>
>> Maybe not. I havn't seen the Mrs Fields Cookies, or the Kid who
>> is collecting get well cards stories recently. Maybe these things do
>> die after all.
>
> The kid grew up, moved to Nigeria, changed his name, married a
> Nigerian woman, acquired a lot of cash from questionable sources and
> then died. His widow is willing to share if you will help her get the
> money out of the country. If you don't believe me, check your email.

LOL. Good one.

Theresa Mesa

Jul 8, 2007, 5:10:37 PM7/8/07
Have you heard of Snopes urban legends? You go to their site and see if
what you read is an urban legend, like this warning...then you only
have to warn be about things they should be warned about...

http://www.snopes.com/

bear...@cruller.invalid

Jul 8, 2007, 11:10:41 PM7/8/07
In article <2007070814103616807-webmaster@mesadesignhousecom>,
Theresa Mesa <webm...@mesadesignhouse.com> wrote:

> Have you heard of Snopes urban legends? You go to their site and see if
> what you read is an urban legend, like this warning...then you only
> have to warn be about things they should be warned about...

Please. We need fewer morons flashing lights at intelligent people.

Shaun Eli

Jul 11, 2007, 11:06:16 PM7/11/07
I've been told that seeing cars driving with their lights off at night
is one of the easiest ways cops have to spot drunk drivers. A lot of
people, after a night of drinking, start their cars but forget to turn
their lights on.

Shaun Eli
www.BrainChampagne.com
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for Smart Minds (sm)

Anthony Matonak

Jul 12, 2007, 1:31:00 AM7/12/07
Shaun Eli wrote:
> I've been told that seeing cars driving with their lights off at night
> is one of the easiest ways cops have to spot drunk drivers. A lot of
> people, after a night of drinking, start their cars but forget to turn
> their lights on.

This doesn't apply to newer cars that automatically turn on their own
headlights. I've been told the #1 indication of drunk driving is driving
at or below the speed limit. Drunk drivers usually know they're impaired
and will drive slower to compensate.

Anthony

Shaun Eli

Jul 13, 2007, 6:18:56 PM7/13/07
Maybe driving at or below the speed limit is a sign of a somewhat
drunken driver but the cops can't legally pull someone over just for
driving the speed limit. Driving with no lights, however, is a
different story.

Parallax

Jul 14, 2007, 11:49:04 AM7/14/07
Shaun Eli wrote:
> Maybe driving at or below the speed limit is a sign of a somewhat
> drunken driver but the cops can't legally pull someone over just for
> driving the speed limit. Driving with no lights, however, is a
> different story.

I can attest they will use any excuse to weed out drunks. I was pulled
over for making a left turn and not signaling. It happened to be a left
turn only lane (my only other choice was to drive straight into the
trees), it was after midnight, and I was the only car anywhere on the
road. But, since it was the night of the Super Bowl, he pulled me over
hunting for boozers. Once he saw I was stone cold sober, he just let me
go, no formal warning or anything.

The kicker is that I was on the same stretch of road a few weeks later
in the daytime, behind a police car (no lights flashing, not in
pursuit). They made a right turn, and of course they didn't signal.

It'd be nice if they practice what they preach...

--

Replace '???????' with 'hotmail' to e-mail me.