Bargains at yard sales due to economy!

Bill

May 24, 2008, 9:50:02 AM5/24/08
I bought 4 tall book cases for $10 each at a yard sale the other day! (They
want $100 - $200 each for these at furniture stores.)

Seems to me those who can't budget or live within their means are suddenly
in "sell mode" due to high gas prices, etc. They are starting to sell off
the "good stuff" at yard sales (not just junk they want to get rid of).

So a good time for us frugal folks with extra cash on hand to buy, buy, buy.
(If it is something you need that is.)

The sellers seem quite willing to take very low offers now whereas before
they would say no to low offers. I think they need the cash!

Al Bundy

May 24, 2008, 10:20:31 AM5/24/08

I find garage sales completely variable. Some folks give their stuff
away and others want almost retail. So far it doesn't seem different
this year. Traffic was way down at the big sub sale near by, but that
traffic was motivated to buy and the sellers seemed as happy. In hard
times you should expect more people looking for bargains too so it
equals out. I thought the number of trash pickers would slack off too
with gas, but they still come by in 4X4's, idling while they sort
through the boxes.