The road to a free iPod (trip report)

Gordon

Sep 6, 2007, 12:23:47 AM9/6/07
For those of you just joining us. A few months ago I noticed
that Key Bank was offering free iPods to people who opened
new checking accounts. So I thought I'd milk the system
and get me one.

Of course there are conditions that need to be met.

So far I have had my employer change my direct deposit
of my paycheck to Keybank. I have a few "Starter checks"
that I can use to move the money over to my existing bank.
So that's good. When I run out of starter checks I'll
change the direct deposit back over to my existing bank,

Just to be sure tho; I called my insurance agent and had them
change the billing on my car insurance to get it over $100.00
per payment. Then I had them change to a direct debit of tthe
key bank account.

So if all goes as planned, I'll have met the requirment for
two automatic transactions over $100.00.

The only other requirement is to keep the account open for 3
months. (6 if I want to avoid the early account close out fee).

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Sep 6, 2007, 11:58:49 AM9/6/07

"Gordon" <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote in message

so, do you feel it is worth the hassle?

Gordon

Sep 6, 2007, 8:12:01 PM9/6/07
"AllEmailDeletedImmediately" <der...@hotmail.com> wrote in

Just a couple of quick phone calls.
And since I have to go to the bank anyway, what's another
check to deposit??

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Sep 7, 2007, 9:59:58 AM9/7/07

"Gordon" <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote in message

what about the time you spent trying to figure out exactly what was required
of you?

Gordon

Sep 8, 2007, 12:28:43 AM9/8/07
"AllEmailDeletedImmediately" <der...@hotmail.com> wrote in

RTFM. They pretty much had it spelled out. I read the terms
durring some down time at work. Took about 30 minutes.
The major points were already summerized on the "welcome to
Key Bank" letter. That took all of 30 seconds to read.

So far I don't feel that it has been a hassle.