MSN article: "Will our kids be dumb & broke?"

leno...@yahoo.com

May 27, 2008, 12:37:13 PM5/27/08

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/CollegeAndFamily/RaiseKids/WillOurKidsBeDumbAndBroke.aspx

Multiple links within. Some have amusing titles, such as "make your
newborn a millionaire." To find that, you have to click on "5 money
lessons for preschoolers" first.

Lenona.

jtno...@yahoo.com

May 27, 2008, 2:46:47 PM5/27/08
On May 27, 9:37 am, lenona...@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/CollegeAndFamily/RaiseKids/WillO...

> Multiple links within. Some have amusing titles, such as "make your
> newborn a millionaire." To find that, you have to click on "5 money
> lessons for preschoolers" first.
>
> Lenona.

Yes, they will. Between brain-dead NEA teachers that can't be fired,
welfare parents, and the Republican example of bailing out Bear
Stearns and other Wall St. corporate welfare titans for failure while
their failed execs retire with their zillion dollar golden parachute
pensions, it is more or less hopeless. With the Feds mortgageing our
future by financing a stupid war, and the dems about to break what is
left of the bank with socialized medicine, it is no wonder that people
live for the moment and ignore the future that they have no control
over anyway.-Jitney

Seerialmom

May 27, 2008, 2:59:39 PM5/27/08

That just about covers the whole USA there...did you leave anyone out?

The Real Bev

May 27, 2008, 6:17:53 PM5/27/08
Seerialmom wrote:

> On May 27, 11:46 am, jtnos...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>

>> ...Between brain-dead NEA teachers that can't be fired,

>> welfare parents, and the Republican example of bailing out Bear
>> Stearns and other Wall St. corporate welfare titans for failure while
>> their failed execs retire with their zillion dollar golden parachute
>> pensions, it is more or less hopeless. With the Feds mortgageing our
>> future by financing a stupid war, and the dems about to break what is
>> left of the bank with socialized medicine, it is no wonder that people
>> live for the moment and ignore the future that they have no control
>> over anyway.-Jitney
>
> That just about covers the whole USA there...did you leave anyone out?

Yes. The whole entertainment industry that distracts us from reality.

--
Cheers,
Bev

jtno...@yahoo.com

May 27, 2008, 8:20:06 PM5/27/08

Oh, yes, entertainment. We can't paddle them for misbehavior, that is
criminal abuse, so instead they form their souls around games like
"Grand Theft Auto", TV shows such as Sluts and the City, and
celebrites such as Paris Hilton. They have no work ethic, Manual Labor
is the Mexican illegal alien that dad hires to do the yardwork. We
have seen the enemy, and it is us. -Jitney

Marsha

May 28, 2008, 8:24:12 PM5/28/08
The Real Bev wrote:

> Seerialmom wrote:
>>
>> That just about covers the whole USA there...did you leave anyone out?
>

> Yes. The whole entertainment industry that distracts us from reality.

Are you saying all that stuff on TV isn't like real life? That's like
saying Santa Claus doesn't exist. Thanks for raining on my parade.

Marsha/Ohio

JonL

May 29, 2008, 6:30:26 AM5/29/08
The Real Bev wrote:
> Seerialmom wrote:
>
>> On May 27, 11:46 am, jtnos...@yahoo.com wrote:
> >>
>>> ...Between brain-dead NEA teachers that can't be fired,
>>> welfare parents, and the Republican example of bailing out Bear
>>> Stearns and other Wall St. corporate welfare titans for failure while
>>> their failed execs retire with their zillion dollar golden parachute
>>> pensions, it is more or less hopeless. With the Feds mortgageing our
>>> future by financing a stupid war, and the dems about to break what is
>>> left of the bank with socialized medicine, it is no wonder that people
>>> live for the moment and ignore the future that they have no control
>>> over anyway.-Jitney
>>
>> That just about covers the whole USA there...did you leave anyone out?
>
> Yes. The whole entertainment industry that distracts us from reality.

I thot that was the job of the TV news bizz.....

The Real Bev

May 29, 2008, 9:50:14 AM5/29/08
JonL wrote:

Something made you believe they aren't part of it?

--
Cheers,
Bev