Frugal rent?

P.O.W.

Feb 3, 2008, 12:50:47 PM2/3/08
Contact someone about to abandon their home in foreclosure. cheap rent it
until evicted? how long would that work?

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
problems tend to look like nails.

rick++

Feb 3, 2008, 2:48:07 PM2/3/08

> Contact someone about to abandon their home in foreclosure. cheap rent it
> until evicted? how long would that work?

Can take up to nine months in my state after you stop paying your
mortgage.
One investigative reporter in my twon discover a "serial foreclosure"
family.
They'd buy a house and never pay mortgage until evicted. They buy a
house
in another family member's name and do the same thing. On their
fourth house
they claimed. Evictions are a lot faster for renters.

Coffee's For Closers

Feb 3, 2008, 3:34:32 PM2/3/08
In article <georgewspamk-F693...@sn-ip.vsrv-
sjc.supernews.net>, george...@humboldt1.com says...

> Contact someone about to abandon their home in foreclosure. cheap rent it
> until evicted? how long would that work?

My understanding is that, people who are really desperate (and
some who aren't), tend to stay in the home throughout the
foreclosure process. Only abandoning it near the last minute,
when they are forcibly told to leave.

Although I suppose it might work with a home-buyer who was only
speculating, hoping to flip it quickly, and never lived in the
place. There could potentially be several months left until the
actual seizure.

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

Logan Shaw

Feb 3, 2008, 4:55:54 PM2/3/08
P.O.W. wrote:
> Contact someone about to abandon their home in foreclosure. cheap rent it
> until evicted? how long would that work?

It would be difficult to get reliable information from someone in
such a situation. They are in a tough spot and might not be entirely
honest with themselves. Also, a certain percentage of people in
desperate financial situations start actively avoiding information,
i.e. they're afraid to see the bills, so they just throw them in
the trash without even opening the envelopes. (One of the first
steps in getting your finances in order is organizing the paperwork.
It sort of follows that people whose finances are in disarray are
less likely to have their paperwork organized.)

The point is, how do you know when you're going to have to get out?
And how certain are you of that? It wouldn't be very cheap if you
lost a bunch of your stuff when the bank took possession of the
home, or if they didn't take it but you had to move everything you
own with essentially no notice.

- Logan

catalpa

Feb 3, 2008, 7:36:50 PM2/3/08

" P.O.W." <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote in message

> Contact someone about to abandon their home in foreclosure. cheap rent it
> until evicted? how long would that work?

It would be even cheaper to be a squatter in an already empty house until
evicted.

KarlMarx_MiddleClass_Ipod_HipHop

Feb 4, 2008, 11:09:50 AM2/4/08
On Feb 3, 12:50 pm, " P.O.W." <georgewsp...@humboldt1.com> wrote:
> Contact someone about to abandon their home in foreclosure. cheap rent it
> until evicted? how long would that work?

Plan not to decorate the dwelling with much bling. You may have to
leave in a 3 day notice. However, not being tied down to a mortgage or
geographic region is golden these days. Mobility = ability to move
where the jobs are.

Too_Many_Tools

Feb 4, 2008, 7:30:27 PM2/4/08

Wonder how they got their utilities connected?

Most companies check credit ratings before hooking up these days.

TMT

Jeff

Feb 4, 2008, 10:46:44 PM2/4/08
Coffee's For Closers wrote:
> In article <georgewspamk-F693...@sn-ip.vsrv-
> sjc.supernews.net>, george...@humboldt1.com says...
>> Contact someone about to abandon their home in foreclosure. cheap rent it
>> until evicted? how long would that work?

Good luck suing your landlord when the bank takes over and your
belonging are put out. And what recourse would you have to recover your
rent, you certainly won't be on top of the list.

> My understanding is that, people who are really desperate (and
> some who aren't), tend to stay in the home throughout the
> foreclosure process. Only abandoning it near the last minute,
> when they are forcibly told to leave.
>
> Although I suppose it might work with a home-buyer who was only
> speculating, hoping to flip it quickly, and never lived in the
> place. There could potentially be several months left until the
> actual seizure.

I know someone who is putting tenants into such homes. Generally the
house is subdivided and several people are put in. Perhaps workable for
the investor if the foreclosure isn't too close, but often that only
forestays the inevitable. These arrangements are typically month to month.

Signs of the times.

Jeff

era...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2008, 12:26:50 AM2/5/08
have u heard/read of "urine therapy" on google.com whose supporters
claims it reverses genetic illnesses as well as aids.cancer. ask the
supporters of "urine therapy" and your doctor or drinking one's own
pee whether it is good for children.

erach

On Feb 5, 8:46 am, Jeff <jeff@spam_me_not.com> wrote:
> Coffee's For Closers wrote:

> > In article <georgewspamk-F69395.09504703022...@sn-ip.vsrv-
> > sjc.supernews.net>, georgewsp...@humboldt1.com says...

Coffee's For Closers

Feb 5, 2008, 2:40:48 PM2/5/08
In article <5ad3e032-cb88-46f4-9e93-
5f1d8e...@j20g2000hsi.googlegroups.com>,
too_man...@yahoo.com says...
> On Feb 3, 1:48=A0pm, "rick++" <rick...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > Contact someone about to abandon their home in foreclosure. cheap rent i=

> > > until evicted? how long would that work?
> >
> > Can take up to nine months in my state after you stop paying your
> > mortgage.
> > One investigative reporter in my twon discover a "serial foreclosure"
> > family.
> > They'd buy a house and never pay mortgage until evicted. =A0They buy a
> > house
> > in another family member's name and do the same thing. =A0On their
> > fourth house
> > they claimed. =A0Evictions are a lot faster for renters.

> Wonder how they got their utilities connected?
>
> Most companies check credit ratings before hooking up these days.

I expect that they did the same deal as with the mortgages. Put
the utilities in a different person's name each time they get a
new house.

Too_Many_Tools

Feb 6, 2008, 1:59:36 PM2/6/08
On Feb 4, 9:46 pm, Jeff <jeff@spam_me_not.com> wrote:
> Coffee's For Closers wrote:
> > In article <georgewspamk-F69395.09504703022...@sn-ip.vsrv-
> > sjc.supernews.net>, georgewsp...@humboldt1.com says...

Most communities have zoning regs in place that single family homes
are to be used for single families.

Renting out the rooms won't work.

But then again the authorities need to know what is going on too.

TMT

rick++

Feb 7, 2008, 12:30:19 PM2/7/08

> Wonder how they got their utilities connected?

> Most companies check credit ratings before hooking up these days.

In a relative's name.
You can leave a deposit about three months usage,
but who would have that much money.
Tehre may be anti-discrimination clauses for certain people.

rick++

Feb 7, 2008, 12:34:28 PM2/7/08

> Most communities have zoning regs in place that single family homes
> are to be used for single families.
>
> Renting out the rooms won't work.

In southern California when neighborhoods were
"transitioning" in the 1990s and neighbors tried suing or city
authorities tried enforcement, the ACLU went to
court very quickly and prevented enforcement.
The main thing that saved my condo area was there was
only one parking space per bedroom and no street parking
nearby. This is very unattractive to people that have 3,4,5
vehicles PER bedroom.

James

Feb 7, 2008, 1:45:35 PM2/7/08

In Toronto, where rental units are scarce, basement apartments in
single home families are legal.

In my suburb, they struggled with the issue, and wrote up bylaws to
force people out of them. They required two full exits, other major
renovations and you had to register the apartment, have it inspected
etc.

My house had a one basement which did not conform, but I already had
tennents when the laws came in. Eventually my brother in law is moving
into the apartment, which is allowed as an exception. When he moved
out, my son moved in.

James