Gasoline breaks through $4.00 a gallon

Paul M. Eldridge

Jun 8, 2008, 9:59:40 AM6/8/08
According to the AAA, the U.S. national average for regular unleaded
now exceeds $4.00 a gallon. With crude oil trading at $139.00 a
barrel on Friday and with predictions of $150.00 a barrel by July 1st,
$4.25 by end of summer seems pretty much certain, $4.50 a real
possibility and $5.00+ not unthinkable if either weather or war become
a factor.

Home heating oil prices have more than doubled in the past year or so,
but natural gas could be the sleeper. The New York city gate spot
price hit $14.09 per MM BTU on Friday. A year ago, it averaged $8.38
and in the months immediately following Katrina it averaged a little
over $10.00. If you heat with natural gas, I would sock away a few
extra bucks for this coming winter.

Electricity could be another potential source of pain. Coal produces
about half the nation's electricity and spot prices have been on a
tear recently. For example, the NYMEX Central Appalachian coal
futures near-month price in January 2008 was running in the range of
$58.00 per ton -- yesterday, it was reported that Progress Energy will
be paying $126.00 per ton, plus another $30.00 for delivery.

Source:
http://www.redorbit.com/news/business/1421332/progress_energy_rates_could_leap/

Cheers,
Paul

Al Bundy

Jun 8, 2008, 10:44:14 AM6/8/08

Paul M. Eldridge wrote:
> According to the AAA, the U.S. national average for regular unleaded
> now exceeds $4.00 a gallon.

Thank you for this timely news Paul.
What can you tell us about summer? Will it be hot?

Paul M. Eldridge

Jun 8, 2008, 11:39:57 AM6/8/08

Yes, it will be, especially under the collar. ;-)

Cheers,
Paul

Al Bundy

Jun 8, 2008, 4:30:12 PM6/8/08

Ever since I was a kid, I enjoyed Good Humor.

Paul M. Eldridge

Jun 8, 2008, 5:32:54 PM6/8/08
On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 13:30:12 -0700 (PDT), Al Bundy
<MSfo...@mcpmail.com> wrote:

>Paul M. Eldridge wrote:
>> On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 07:44:14 -0700 (PDT), Al Bundy
>> <MSfo...@mcpmail.com> wrote:

>> >Thank you for this timely news Paul.
>> >What can you tell us about summer? Will it be hot?
>>
>> Yes, it will be, especially under the collar. ;-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Paul
>
>Ever since I was a kid, I enjoyed Good Humor.

Mais Oui ! C'est moi... l'homme de bonne humeur !

Cheers,
Paul

John

Jun 9, 2008, 2:02:33 PM6/9/08

ya, as you have mentioned the fuel prices are increasing at a brisk
rate. We need to use the fuel efficiently. We can find a lot articles
on how to use fuel efficiently in this URL,
http://www.buyingadvice.com

On Jun 9, 2:32 am, Paul M. Eldridge <paul.eldri...@ns.sympatico.ca>