Visa Withdrawn

PaPaPeng

Aug 6, 2008, 4:35:17 AM8/6/08

Boycott Payback. Those 2 Britons and 2 Americans who unfurled a
"Tibet is Free" bannewr should be fined and deported from Beijing
immediately. Banned from visiting China for life too.

Chinese Deny Cheek’s Visa
By Katie Thomas
August 5, 2008, 11:10 pm
http://olympics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/05/chinese-deny-cheeks-visa/

BEIJING — The Chinese embassy revoked the visa of Joey Cheek, a former
Olympic speedskater and the founder of the group Team Darfur, a day
before he was scheduled to fly to Beijing, Cheek said Tuesday.
Cheek had planned to fly to Beijing Wednesday, but said he received a
call from the Chinese embassy in Washington, D.C. late Tuesday
afternoon saying that his visa had been revoked. He said he was not
given a reason for the change.

Team Darfur is a group of athletes, including 72 current Olympians,
who have called attention to China’s link to the Darfur crisis.
“I have always been an absolute believer in the Olympics and what the
Olympics can do,” said Cheek, who won a gold medal in Turin in 2006.
“I never asked for a boycott.”

Emmanuelle Moreau, a spokeswoman for the International Olympic
Committee, said she was aware of Cheek’s visa situation but said she
could not comment. Because Cheek is not a current Olympian, “visa
applications from non-accredited persons do not fall within the
I.OC.’s remit and we are therefore not best placed to answer you on
this question,” Moreau said in an e-mail message.

A spokesman for the Beijing organizing committee could not immediately
be reached for comment.

Rod Speed

Aug 6, 2008, 5:36:22 AM8/6/08
PaPaPeng <PaPa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Boycott Payback. Those 2 Britons and 2 Americans who unfurled
> a "Tibet is Free" bannewr should be fined and deported from
> Beijing immediately. Banned from visiting China for life too.

Makes more sense to use the traditional chinese approach, bullet
in the back of the neck and send the bill for the bullet to the relos.

> Chinese Deny Cheek's Visa
> By Katie Thomas
> August 5, 2008, 11:10 pm
> http://olympics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/05/chinese-deny-cheeks-visa/
>

> BEIJING - The Chinese embassy revoked the visa of Joey Cheek, a former

terrable

Aug 6, 2008, 5:36:24 AM8/6/08

"PaPaPeng" <PaPa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Boycott Payback. Those 2 Britons and 2 Americans who unfurled a
> "Tibet is Free" bannewr should be fined and deported from Beijing
> immediately. Banned from visiting China for life too.

Who would be stupid enough to unfurl a "Tibet is Free" banner in Beijing?

Everyone knows that Tibet is being crushed and denied freedom by the
imperialist running dogs of Communist China.

Message has been deleted

PaPaPeng

Aug 6, 2008, 4:00:35 PM8/6/08
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 06:41:44 -0400, Shawn Hirn <sr...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>In article <pboi94dqevjj0fmg5...@4ax.com>,

> PaPaPeng <PaPa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Boycott Payback. Those 2 Britons and 2 Americans who unfurled a
>> "Tibet is Free" bannewr should be fined and deported from Beijing
>> immediately. Banned from visiting China for life too.
>

>Wrong newsgroup.

Yep. I was wondering where this post went.

Al Bundy

Aug 7, 2008, 9:34:45 AM8/7/08

No problem. We're willing to cut you a break. We know you've been
cramming for your finals for a few years now.