Should I take Black Friday more seriously?

aest...@hotmail.com

Oct 5, 2007, 1:24:06 AM10/5/07

Anthony Matonak

Oct 5, 2007, 3:55:33 AM10/5/07
aest...@hotmail.com wrote:
<Nothing at all. Just a blind link.>

No. You should not.

Anthony

aest...@hotmail.com

Oct 5, 2007, 5:02:44 AM10/5/07
On Oct 4, 9:55 pm, Anthony Matonak
<anthony...@nothing.like.socal.rr.com> wrote:

I just tested the link and it works for me.

Anthony Matonak

Oct 5, 2007, 7:13:01 AM10/5/07
aest...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 4, 9:55 pm, Anthony Matonak
> <anthony...@nothing.like.socal.rr.com> wrote:
>> aesthe...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> <Nothing at all. Just a blind link.>
>>
>> No. You should not.
>
> I just tested the link and it works for me.

That the link works was not in question.

From a metapage that defines "blind link"
http://www.metaglossary.com/meanings/658878/

: a link to somewhere which doesn't clearly indicate where this link
: goes to, or doesn't accurately suggest what the link is about
: a link to which another site, but does not clearly indicate where the
: link goes (it may even be deceptive)

You still haven't given the slightest suggestion why someone would
want to click on that link or what it contains.

For example, definitions of Black Friday.
http://www.investorwords.com/482/Black_Friday.html

: September 24, 1869, the day the markets crashed following a failed
: attempt by some financiers to corner the gold market. Led to a
: depression.
:
: In a more general sense, any Friday in which a public calamity
: occurred.
:
: More recently, the term Black Friday has been applied to the day after
: Thanksgiving in which retailers make enough sales to put themselves
: "into the black ink."

Which one were you referring to? Sales? Do you really think you're
getting a good value on the items they put on sale? Is it worth fighting
the crowds and all the wasted time? Do you even want any that junk?

Anthony

Shawn Hirn

Oct 5, 2007, 6:46:50 AM10/5/07
In article <47060e3a$0$20615$4c36...@roadrunner.com>,
Anthony Matonak <antho...@nothing.like.socal.rr.com> wrote:

> aest...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > On Oct 4, 9:55 pm, Anthony Matonak
> > <anthony...@nothing.like.socal.rr.com> wrote:
> >> aesthe...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >> <Nothing at all. Just a blind link.>
> >>
> >> No. You should not.
> >
> > I just tested the link and it works for me.
>
> That the link works was not in question.
>
> From a metapage that defines "blind link"
> http://www.metaglossary.com/meanings/658878/
>
> : a link to somewhere which doesn't clearly indicate where this link
> : goes to, or doesn't accurately suggest what the link is about
> : a link to which another site, but does not clearly indicate where the
> : link goes (it may even be deceptive)
>
> You still haven't given the slightest suggestion why someone would
> want to click on that link or what it contains.

Yup, and only fools click on web links on the basis of such a posting
from a complete stranger. This sort of thing is a perfect vector for
infecting a Windows machine with a virus, key tracking software, or
other unfriendly software.

Too_Many_Tools

Oct 6, 2007, 1:20:49 PM10/6/07
On Oct 5, 5:46 am, Shawn Hirn <s...@comcast.net> wrote:
> In article <47060e3a$0$20615$4c368...@roadrunner.com>,

> Anthony Matonak <anthony...@nothing.like.socal.rr.com> wrote:
>

> > aesthe...@hotmail.com wrote:

> > > I just tested the link and it works for me.
>
> > That the link works was not in question.
>
> > From a metapage that defines "blind link"
> >http://www.metaglossary.com/meanings/658878/
>
> > : a link to somewhere which doesn't clearly indicate where this link
> > : goes to, or doesn't accurately suggest what the link is about
> > : a link to which another site, but does not clearly indicate where the
> > : link goes (it may even be deceptive)
>
> > You still haven't given the slightest suggestion why someone would
> > want to click on that link or what it contains.
>
> Yup, and only fools click on web links on the basis of such a posting
> from a complete stranger. This sort of thing is a perfect vector for
> infecting a Windows machine with a virus, key tracking software, or
> other unfriendly software.- Hide quoted text -

No...any frugal person ignores the Black Friday of the Christmas
shopping season.

If you shop frugally during the year as I do, you always beat any
pricing that the retailers parade on Black friday.

Their seasonal sales this year are going to be dismal....a
disaster....a bloodbath.

Therefore that is why you are seeing Christmas merchandise already
being pushed for over a month now.

Just sit back and watch how the Bush economy really is doing.....

TMT