Tips for Saving Money this Holiday Seasoon

gjensen

Dec 13, 2007, 2:05:18 PM12/13/07
Here are several good resources about way to save money this holiday
season --

How to Save Money This Holiday Season
Contemporary Retirement
by Alane Cunningham
Tips to save money this holiday season. The holidays are a fun time to
get together, even though it is a busy time of year. It doesn't have
to be fancy, but there are a few tricks.
http://familiesonlinemagazine.com/retirement/?m=200711

Wrap Up Your Holiday Shopping Under Budget
Budgeting and Savings for Families
By Michelle P. Sharrow, MBA
Are you close to completing your holiday shopping? If you aren't, rest
assured there are still deals to be had and smart and wonderful ways
to save.
http://familiesonlinemagazine.com/family-budget/holiday-shopping-budget.html

A Frugal Holiday
by Ann Safford
The holiday season is upon us,and with the economy forcing us to
tighten our purse straps, many of us are looking for alternatives to
the expensive Christmas lists given to us by our eager children who
hope for a great visit from Santa. Here are some tips for holiday
savings for a Frugal Holiday
http://familiesonlinemagazine.com/save-environment/frugal-holiday.html

Merry Christmas - Happy Hanukkah - Joyous Kwansaa

William Souden

Dec 13, 2007, 3:58:37 PM12/13/07
I have a checking account/debit card that I generally only use for
internet purchases from companies I am not familiar with. I usually keep
$10 in it so if someone does try to empty the account the damage will be
minimal.Before making a purchase I transfer the exact amount from
another account.
On Monday I am doing all my holiday shopping. My shopping budget goes
into that account and I only bring the card associated with that account
with me. Best of all is I do not get a huge bill next month.

Evelyn C. Leeper

Dec 14, 2007, 8:56:52 AM12/14/07
gjensen wrote:
> Here are several good resources about way to save money this holiday
> season --

> Wrap Up Your Holiday Shopping Under Budget
> Budgeting and Savings for Families
> By Michelle P. Sharrow, MBA
> Are you close to completing your holiday shopping? If you aren't, rest
> assured there are still deals to be had and smart and wonderful ways
> to save.
> http://familiesonlinemagazine.com/family-budget/holiday-shopping-budget.html

"Home Shopping Networks
A great way to save both time and money is by completing some of your
holiday shopping from the comfort of your home with the help of the home
shopping networks. In fact shopping via QVC or the Home Shopping Network
(HSN.com) can be done at any hour of the day. Shipping costs are also
very reasonable. From purses for your mother to NFL merchandise for the
football lover on your list, there are many gift options to tickle the
fancy of your love ones and friends. Another great feature of these home
shopping networks is that you can shop by watching television or by
visiting their online websites. If you decide to watch the broadcast any
deals that you see will be available through midnight of the same day.
Finally, on select merchandise, they offer easy pay plans where the
total purchase price is spread over as little as two up to a maximum of
six installments. The installments would automatically be charged to
your credit card each month until the balance is paid in full."

Not exactly frugal, although the implication is that there are no
additional charges for spreading the payments out (as opposed to just
charging the whole amount and then paying interest).

--
Evelyn C. Leeper
I believe I found the missing link between animal

Zuke

Dec 14, 2007, 1:49:29 PM12/14/07
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Evelyn C. Leeper wrote:

> gjensen wrote:
>> Here are several good resources about way to save money this holiday
>> season --

How about the old standby in my family, drink a fifth of bourbon
and pass out.