Tips to saving money while in Paris.

useful...@yahoo.com

Aug 9, 2007, 11:07:35 AM8/9/07
For travelers, expats, conference-goers etc.
A guide to frugal living in Paris.

http://home.comcast.net/~zilax/paris.html

Knight Of The Road

Aug 9, 2007, 4:10:17 PM8/9/07

<useful...@yahoo.com> wrote

> A guide to frugal living in Paris.

Reading George Orwell's "Down and out in Paris and London" is more
enlightening ;-)

--
Regards, Vince.

International Trucking Photographs- - http://200476.aceboard.net/

Message has been deleted

Knight Of The Road

Aug 9, 2007, 4:46:55 PM8/9/07

"Magda" <he...@keepthis.hu> wrote

> I love this book! :))

Me too.

When I was in my late teens I was unemployed and semi-homeless and I often
spent days without eating because of want of money.

I also did occasional casual work as a catering assistant- a "plongeur"- in
London hotels- I have also collected cigarette ends from the street, exactly
as Orwell, and the London tramps did as they marched from spike to spike.

"Down and out in Paris and London" is a fascinating and easily-readable
novel and I'd recommend it to anyone.

George Grapman

Aug 9, 2007, 5:14:15 PM8/9/07
Magda wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 21:10:17 +0100, in rec.travel.europe, "Knight Of The Road"
> <russiat...@hotmail.com> arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

> ... <useful...@yahoo.com> wrote
> ... > A guide to frugal living in Paris.
> ... Reading George Orwell's "Down and out in Paris and London" is more
> ... enlightening ;-)

> I love this book! :))

I read that book at a very low point in my life. It put things in
perspective.

Runge3

Aug 9, 2007, 5:27:11 PM8/9/07
Boring life

"Knight Of The Road" <russiat...@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jack Campin - bogus address

Aug 9, 2007, 5:45:47 PM8/9/07
[Down and Out in Paris and London]

>> I love this book! :))
> Me too.
> When I was in my late teens I was unemployed and semi-homeless and I
> often spent days without eating because of want of money.
> I also did occasional casual work as a catering assistant- a "plongeur"-
> in London hotels- I have also collected cigarette ends from the street,
> exactly as Orwell, and the London tramps did as they marched from spike
> to spike.

I spent one night in Camberwell spike and it hadn't changed much from
Orwell's description of forty years earlier.

<http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/> for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554 975

Knight Of The Road

Aug 9, 2007, 6:16:33 PM8/9/07

"Magda" <he...@keepthis.hu> wrote

> Alas, I'm afraid that living in such squalor contributed to shorten his
> life... :(

I'm not so sure- Orwell *was* an Old Etonian and there is always the feeling
that he could have pushed the "stop" button whenever he chose.

Message has been deleted