Frugal plaque fixing to the wall?

seeking...@myway.com

Nov 4, 2007, 10:44:53 PM11/4/07
I bought today six plaques (likely made from plaster) for ten cents
each, and they look real expensive, like from a castle. I want to put
them in the house on a wooden painted wall. Problem is only that I
don't want to mess up my wall with experiments and that Velcro is
likely not strong enough to hold the plaques. Each weighs two pounds.

Any idea how I can fix them to the wall without that I ruin my wall or
without that they fall off?

Leo

Gary Heston

Nov 4, 2007, 11:25:17 PM11/4/07
In article <1194234293....@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

Nails generally do the least amount of danage to a wall. Adhesive-backed
hangers are usually a disaster.

4d or 6d (also known as 4 penny or 6 penny) nails work well, unless your
items are over 10 lb (4.55kg). For heavier items, use larger nails driven
into the walls' studs.

Gary

--
Gary Heston ghe...@hiwaay.net http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

Yoko Onos' former driver tried to extort $2M from her, threating to
"release embarassing recordings...". What, he has a copy of her album?

Shawn Hirn

Nov 5, 2007, 6:45:38 AM11/5/07

Just get someone to hold them up against the wall briefly for you so you
can see if they look appropriate in the location where you want them.