I am thinking of starting a business making custom t-shirts and ties featuring my poetry

1 view

artwork...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2007, 3:41:34 PM7/23/07
Looking for advice, honest critique....I am a writer, essayist
mostly,
but really my blood is prose.
But I am an apostle of sorts, and want to heard. Is poetry a vehicle
anymore for ideas?

I write haikus too and my friend is a painter. We have a cafe press
store, a blog and lost of ideas.

Do people want unique artworks, or is that extravagant. I am cheap
myself, but do buy a piece of art a year as a rule, usually under
$500. Is art a feasible way to make a living?

ford free friday prose (this is the free day at the art museum)

discovered some today
resting nudes and
lost Polish shepherds
imprinted on my mind
somewhere branching
over dendrites
and drying
in between those spaces
interstices
Lonnie Holly
called potentialities
but he's on the outside
looking in
how will I use them for I went shopping today
came here
to reclaim
returned to exchange
you for me
lies for truths
tested my reactions
to the litmus/rice paper
in frames
looked across the rooms
let my eye
catch watch
in this see to sea
wall to wall
and land here
on a cement pad
patio
reminiscent of Frieda Kahlo's
home with a Midwestern sky
and tourists belying the
state
writing like Jackson Pollack
reeling from the scene
today I went postmodern
my words scream

--
ArtWorks4Women
http://artworks4women.blogspot.com/

Introducing a new blog/ new venture/a space for exploration and
celebration.
Narcissists are predators, psychophagic-meaning they eat your soul.

This is a joint project to reclaim ourselves through our art.

Our personal sites:
Luba's art
http://picasaweb.google.com/lubaborun/
Laurel's words
http://vox-vocis-viscus-verbiage.blogspot.com/

Al Bundy

Jul 23, 2007, 5:24:11 PM7/23/07
On Jul 23, 3:41 pm, "artworks4wo...@gmail.com"

<artworks4wo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking for advice, honest critique....I am a writer, essayist
> mostly,
> but really my blood is prose.
> But I am an apostle of sorts, and want to heard. Is poetry a vehicle
> anymore for ideas?
>
> I write haikus too and my friend is a painter. We have a cafe press
> store, a blog and lost of ideas.
>
> Do people want unique artworks, or is that extravagant. I am cheap
> myself, but do buy a piece of art a year as a rule, usually under
> $500. Is art a feasible way to make a living?
>
> ford free friday prose (this is the free day at the art museum)

Don't quit your day job.
Opps. You probably don't have a job.
Do they still teach English in school? That helps a lot in writing.

Don K

Jul 24, 2007, 8:39:27 AM7/24/07
<artwork...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Looking for advice, honest critique....I am a writer, essayist
> mostly,
> but really my blood is prose.
> But I am an apostle of sorts, and want to heard. Is poetry a vehicle
> anymore for ideas?

Don't even think about it until people start making unsolicited offers
to actually buy your stuff.

Don

George Grapman

Jul 24, 2007, 9:11:26 AM7/24/07
"....and want to heard"? He must be a great essayist.

Just A User

Jul 24, 2007, 9:20:01 AM7/24/07
artwork...@gmail.com wrote:
> Looking for advice, honest critique

Most small businesses fail.

Bill

Jul 24, 2007, 12:31:16 PM7/24/07
I don't recall seeing anyone wearing T-shirts with poetry around here.

Around here, those who buy T-shits which say something, are mostly young
males. They buy shirts which make them look more macho, are anti-authority,
are obscene/vulgar, or give them a particular "image".

Something like...

"Sworn to fun, loyal to none!"
"Stud"
"No Fear"