IDT wants to charge me a dollar to send me a bill

Terry

Feb 6, 2008, 2:10:28 PM2/6/08
IDT added a dollar to my three dollar phone bill. It was to send me a
paper statment.

I asked for a hard copy bill, only because it is a pain in the ass to
have to log on to the utility company's web site to check my bill.

I would love it if they just sent the statement in an email, but they
don't do it that way. I have to set up a username and password.
I pay the bill using direct draft so the only reason I want to see my
statement is to check the call log. I then just throw the statement
away.

We are talking about a phone bill not a CIA secret document.

Just sending an email should be enough security just to view the bill.
I told them I was not going to pay for them to send me a bill. They
could just cancel my service. They waived the charge, but ignored my
suggestion just to email it to me.

Al Bundy

Feb 6, 2008, 5:53:03 PM2/6/08

My utility, DTE, is similarly disadvantaged. They recently encouraged
E-billing. The idea sounded worthwhile to me so I went to sign up.
After going through screen after screen to register, I went to pay my
bill. They expected me to enter the current date! If their programmers
can't figure out how to auto-fill the GD current date, I can't trust
them with my credit information. I told them they will get a stamp and
an envelope from me for the rest of my life.
More recently, they had a power outage. The web site was too busy to
handle any further reporting. However, a simple phone call completed
the report and also provided an estimate of the repair time
Some companies are mere pretenders when it comes to technology.

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Feb 7, 2008, 5:14:51 PM2/7/08

"Terry" <kilo...@charter.net> wrote in message

this just pisses me right off. it's a business job to send me a bill.
it's not
mine to go find it. what they really want is for you to forget to go get
it
and be late so they can slap you with a large late payment.