anybody ever had calendars made?

OhioGuy

Oct 12, 2007, 5:09:55 PM10/12/07
I am considering having a photo contest, then having the winning photos
put onto a local calendar for our neighborhood. The neighborhood in
question has about 1,000 households.

Have any of you ever done anything like this? My prior experience with
printing goes about as far as my laser printer.

Obviously, I'd like to do this with quality, but also for the least amount
possible.

hchi...@hotmail.com

Oct 12, 2007, 6:48:56 PM10/12/07

I did one for us using an older version of Serif's Page Plus. It came
out fine for what I wanted, but it wouldn't be so good for 1000
copies. 1000 is a nasty size for a print run, too small for any
economy of scale and too large for some of the one-off processes. My
guess is that anything presentable will cost over $3K and take 3
months minimum. You would start with asking for the best price on
single sheet ads in four color process. This is a common size and a
run of 1000 is also relatively common. After getting these printed,
they would need to be collated and bound with one of the office supply
store binding spines and machines.

Shawn Hirn

Oct 12, 2007, 9:43:09 PM10/12/07

I am a Mac user. If I were to work on such a project, I would simply
open up iPhoto (which comes on every Mac for free), import my photos
into it, then let it generate a calendar for me. Then to save printing
costs, instead of having Apple's service do the printing, I would save
it to PDF and find a third party service to do the printing.