Generic Lipitor any time soon?

m...@privacy.net

Jan 17, 2008, 3:50:45 PM1/17/08
>The European and U.S. patents are due to expire in 2011. The Canadian patent
>has expired (in 2007) and branded generic versions of atorvastatin (generic
>name for Lipitor) can be purchased and shipped through Canadian pharmacies.
>These pharmacies can be located on the internet along with their toll-free
>telephone numbers to discuss cost and details of the transactions.

OK will check it out thanks!

>Cost savings of the branded generic is currently about 50% compared to the
>brand name product through one of these Canadian vendors.

OK...still not as cheap as simvastatin but heck of a
lot cheaper than Lipitor brand!

I prefer Lipitor because I can take it first thing in
the morning as its half life is longer than
simvastatin...... but am unemployed now and can get
simvastatin CHEAP! But have to take simvastatin in
evening as its half life isn't as long.

>Ranbaxy Laboratories (headquartered in India) will apparently market the
>first branded generic version of atorvastatin in the U.S. and will have
>exclusivity for 180 days.

Ahh..... Ranbaxy is who makes my cheap simvastatin!!

For anyone who is in same boat.... unemployed and
without health insurance to cover drug costs.... check
into Costco as a source of simvastatin form Ranbuxy. I
got 180 day supply simvastatin form Costco for abt $20
total!!!!!

Shawn Hirn

Jan 17, 2008, 9:15:42 PM1/17/08
In article <9sfvo3t2nckur89ee...@4ax.com>, m...@privacy.net
wrote:

What about Wal-Mart? I believe they offer Simvastatin for four bucks.

m...@privacy.net

Jan 18, 2008, 11:43:52 AM1/18/08
Shawn Hirn <sr...@comcast.net> wrote:

>> For anyone who is in same boat.... unemployed and
>> without health insurance to cover drug costs.... check
>> into Costco as a source of simvastatin form Ranbuxy. I
>> got 180 day supply simvastatin form Costco for abt $20
>> total!!!!!
>
>What about Wal-Mart? I believe they offer Simvastatin for four bucks.

Last time I looked Walmart only offered lovastatin and
something else.... but NOT simvastatin.

My doctor didn't want me taking lovastatin as he said
it was even less potent than simvastatin.

My docs order of preference was..... Lipitor, than
simvastatin

m...@privacy.net

Jan 18, 2008, 11:45:32 AM1/18/08
Shawn Hirn <sr...@comcast.net> wrote:

>What about Wal-Mart? I believe they offer Simvastatin for four bucks.

Just looked online... Walmart only has lovastatin and
pravastatin.... no simvastatin as of yet.

Shawn Hirn

Jan 19, 2008, 9:36:24 PM1/19/08
In article <bsl1p358rikoocv61...@4ax.com>, m...@privacy.net
wrote:

Ask your doctor if you can substitute one of those for the Zocor.

Binyamin Dissen

Jan 27, 2008, 5:26:01 PM1/27/08
On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:43:52 -0600 m...@privacy.net wrote:

:>Shawn Hirn <sr...@comcast.net> wrote:

Simvastatin gave me headaches. Be aware.

Lipitor works fine.

--
Binyamin Dissen <bdi...@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com