Spyware

david...@aol.com

Aug 24, 2008, 4:12:30 AM8/24/08

What's the best anti-spyware program out there, free or otherwise?

-david gable

Dave

Aug 24, 2008, 4:41:57 AM8/24/08

<david...@aol.com> wrote in message

> What's the best anti-spyware program out there, free or otherwise?
>
> -david gable

spybot search & destroy

freeware:
http://www.download.com/3120-20_4.html?tg=dl-20&qt=spybot&tag=srch

Adaware is pretty good also
http://www.download.com/3120-20_4.html?tg=dl-20&qt=adaware&tag=srch

I'd suggest you use both, along with avast! antivirus and zonealarm software
firewall, to supplement the hardware firewall that you ARE using. (right?)
:) -Dave

Message has been deleted

Dave

Aug 24, 2008, 8:14:55 AM8/24/08

> Good common sense and Mac OS X work fine for me. No added software is
> necessary.

The required lobotomy is kind of expensive and painful, though. -Dave

Parallax

Aug 24, 2008, 8:34:33 AM8/24/08
david...@aol.com wrote:
> What's the best anti-spyware program out there, free or otherwise?
>
> -david gable

http://www.techsupportalert.com/pc/security

Mr Bungle 34

Aug 24, 2008, 10:38:08 AM8/24/08
book marked...

Cheapo Groovo

Aug 24, 2008, 11:45:21 AM8/24/08
In article <a08d403b-ff32-4c4c-9f7f-
3b8a5a...@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, david...@aol.com says...

> What's the best anti-spyware program out there, free or otherwise?
>
> -david gable

I use SpyWare Blaster

ChairMan

Aug 24, 2008, 1:43:32 PM8/24/08
In news:g8r6r6$u3a$1...@registered.motzarella.org,
Dave <no...@nohow.not>spewed forth:

In Spybot, I would reccommend using the teatimer setting under Tools/
Resident.
It keeps any programs, malware or spyware from making changes in the
registry and system wide without your permission.
Very handy when installing a new program that whats to install itself into
your startup menu.

Tony Sivori

Aug 24, 2008, 3:19:11 PM8/24/08
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 08:14:55 -0400, Dave wrote:
[attributes restored]

Mildly amusing, coming from a Microsoft user.

--
Tony Sivori
Due to spam, I'm now filtering all Google Groups posters.

Dave

Aug 24, 2008, 7:06:44 PM8/24/08

"Tony Sivori" <TonyS...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 08:14:55 -0400, Dave wrote:
> [attributes restored]
>> On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 08:09:12 -0400, Shawn Hirn wrote:
>>> Good common sense and Mac OS X work fine for me. No added software is
>>> necessary.
>>
>> The required lobotomy is kind of expensive and painful, though. -Dave
>
> Mildly amusing, coming from a Microsoft user.

I've thought of macs as kind of a PC with training wheels. :) -Dave

Chief Thracian

Aug 25, 2008, 2:35:43 PM8/25/08
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:34:33 GMT, Parallax <Parallax-G@???????.com>
wrote:

>http://www.techsupportalert.com/pc/security

Page not found. :(

Parallax

Aug 25, 2008, 5:25:11 PM8/25/08
Must have shuffled things right after I went to get the url:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/pc/security-tools.html
Message has been deleted